「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Dec 10, 2016 at 5:01 AM Post #170,405 of 177,750
Hello, been well?

Drink anything nice recently?

Been doing very well! Living in Geneva, and receiving a huge scholarship to study math here. Can't complain.

Living in Switzerland and all now, I started having wine with dinner almost every day with some friends. Though that's mostly cheap 2-3 euro wine we buy in France, so wouldn't call it nice. (We bike to France every other week to do groceries, since everything in Switzerland is ridiculously expensive.)

I did buy a bottle of Ardbeg Uigeadail not too long ago; that stuff is very good, though at its high price tag I wouldn't buy it again very soon. Also some other whiskies in my room, though none as impressive; some Coal Ila 12, Laphroaig 10, Taketsuru, Cardhu 12 and Talisker Skye. Also been trying a lot of other beverages, good rum, pastis, cognac, chartreuse and calvados.

I have way too much alcohol stored in my room right now to even finish before I go back to the Netherlands, yet I can't resist the urge to buy new stuff that looks good when I see it. orz

How about you? You still drinking good stuff, and use your Stax to listen to loli stuff?

Dec 10, 2016 at 5:33 AM Post #170,407 of 177,750
How about you? You still drinking good stuff, and use your Stax to listen to loli stuff?

Yuuup sure am, I just had my first taste of Springbank Green 15yo, first impressions are good. Keep an eye out for any bottle of Springbank if you ever see it for cheap and you're somehow out of whisky, Springbank are basically the Stax of scotch IMO. (traditionally made in house, everything non chill filtered and natural coloured)
Longrow is their peated version if you're more into that.

That Ardbeg might have been limited edition here, I didn't get to try it, me peanut butter and jelly. 
redface.gif

Sounds like you're having a blast, take it easy Rikkun.

Dec 10, 2016 at 5:50 AM Post #170,408 of 177,750
I actually came in here seeking advice. I lost my earphones (I think someone stole them; from my office even!). So I'm in need of some new ones in a <$100 price range. Had some Sennheiser CX 300-II's before, weren't great or anything, but did the job well enough. Anyone have any suggestions?

Dec 10, 2016 at 7:26 AM Post #170,409 of 177,750

Is that supposed to be a ref. to Gun Buster or Honnêamise or does Gainax do that in every movie and I never noticed before.

I think it's just some random post-apocalyptic art by Tokyogenso. Not sure what its relation to GAINAX NET is. Also not sure why "イ" is flipped vertically horizontally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back