「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Dec 7, 2016 at 4:23 AM Post #170,357 of 177,745

Wow, the Type-C ports in the Touch Bar MacBook Pros are fully modular and not soldered onto the mobo!

lol the motherboard shape is funny

18307041.jpg

Dec 7, 2016 at 10:32 AM Post #170,358 of 177,745
I almost wanted to do a picture of someone wearing the motherboard as a mask LOL

Anyway I found DR meter recently, so I decided to do DR measurements of some of my songs.

I have a compilation album for every single AKB A-side single till end 2015, which has a total of 3 discs.

The first disc is DR7, with the second disc and third disc being DR6.

Even the song which I consider the most well recorded (which is a choir song with a pretty amazing presentation) has a rating of DR7.

This is the second disc, and the 2nd track is the one I consider the most well recorded.
  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 DR          Peak            RMS           Filename
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 DR6      -0.00 dB      -7.04 dB      (1).mp3
 DR6      -0.00 dB      -7.26 dB      (10).mp3
 DR6      -0.00 dB      -7.25 dB      (11).mp3
 DR6      -0.00 dB      -6.72 dB      (12).mp3
 DR7      -0.00 dB      -7.77 dB      (13).mp3
 DR6      -0.00 dB      -6.86 dB      (14).mp3
 DR5      -0.00 dB      -5.99 dB      (15).mp3
 DR6      -0.00 dB      -6.95 dB      (16).mp3
 DR7      -0.22 dB      -9.47 dB      (2).mp3
 DR6      -0.00 dB      -7.51 dB      (3).mp3
 DR6      -0.00 dB      -6.92 dB      (4).mp3
 DR6      -0.00 dB      -7.27 dB      (5).mp3
 DR6      -0.00 dB      -6.51 dB      (6).mp3
 DR6      -0.00 dB      -9.17 dB      (7).mp3
 DR7      -0.00 dB      -7.37 dB      (8).mp3
 DR6      -0.00 dB      -6.67 dB      (9).mp3
 Number of files:    16
 Official DR value:  DR6

Well it has the best RMS but the peak is also the highest, I don't exactly know how to read so do advise on that

I also did DR readings of my EDM stuff, and some are as bad as DR5 I think.

Owl City's Fireflies has a DR rating of DR11, which got me a little surprised

And then I finally moved on to my classical disc, which got DR14 I think (though I saw that there is even higher DR ratings than that on DR site).

Another off topic, but recently I took out my sorta dead Seagate 3TB HDD in hopes of trying to recover it (my animu is all inside
frown.gif
).

Almost got it to work, but I think the file transfer kind of failed.

I also narrowed down the problem to the HDD PCB, hopefully can get it fixed.

Well I think I should stick to Hitachi/HGST next time since it hadn't failed me before LOL

Dec 7, 2016 at 3:12 PM Post #170,360 of 177,745
I have a compilation album for every single AKB A-side single till end 2015, which has a total of 3 discs.

Even the song which I consider the most well recorded (which is a choir song with a pretty amazing presentation) has a rating of DR7.

This is the second disc, and the 2nd track is the one I consider the most well recorded.

And then I finally moved on to my classical disc, which got DR14 I think (though I saw that there is even higher DR ratings than that on DR site).

Most pop music these days is DR9 at best, DR2 at worst. XD

The DR is calculated based on how loud the music is compared to the peak values, and most music is loudly mastered; hence the relatively low(?) DR. DR14 is about average for classical; classical is very dynamic with lots of quiet spaces in the recording and not a lot of loud parts, so that helps the numbers. Some of my binaural recordings are DR24 because of that same kind of thing.

Dec 7, 2016 at 6:26 PM Post #170,361 of 177,745
I almost wanted to do a picture of someone wearing the motherboard as a mask LOL

[rule]Anyway I found DR meter recently, so I decided to do DR measurements of some of my songs.

Well it has the best RMS but the peak is also the highest, I don't exactly know how to read so do advise on that

I also did DR readings of my EDM stuff, and some are as bad as DR5 I think.

Owl City's Fireflies has a DR rating of DR11, which got me a little surprised

[rule]Another off topic, but recently I took out my sorta dead Seagate 3TB HDD in hopes of trying to recover it (my animu is all inside :frowning2: ).

Almost got it to work, but I think the file transfer kind of failed.

I also narrowed down the problem to the HDD PCB, hopefully can get it fixed.

Well I think I should stick to Hitachi/HGST next time since it hadn't failed me before LOL

Can you kindly measure Only My Railgun by fripside for me? ;-;

I'm interested in the results.

Dec 7, 2016 at 6:33 PM Post #170,362 of 177,745

I'd be surprised if it was even DR5.

Dec 7, 2016 at 8:07 PM Post #170,364 of 177,745
I actually got capped today for our home internet(slowed to 256kbps but basically unusable), we used up the 1TB quota with only 2 days to go until the next roll-over. Luckily, they allow 3 free top-ups per year. XD

Boy, it was just yesterday our bandwidth limit was 10GB....I remember blowing a quarter of that streaming Love Hina in one night some 12-odd years ago...

Dec 7, 2016 at 8:20 PM Post #170,365 of 177,745
Dec 7, 2016 at 11:08 PM Post #170,366 of 177,745

I thought all fripside songs are either a 0 or 1...

My sporadic contribution to our wonderful thread:

Wow, I'm amused.

Dec 7, 2016 at 11:09 PM Post #170,367 of 177,745
Well I am not surprised, that song just screams loud

I can do it on more fripSide songs if you all want

in other news, I think Mizuki Nana's single is about DR7 as far as I can remember

Dec 8, 2016 at 12:09 AM Post #170,368 of 177,745

Ooooh that song. XD

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3pNRsAEwH4[/video]

My friend listens to that all the time. I just made a random guess of DR above. Ya that's pretty loud, Perfume loud.

I still think this is one of the coolest ways to put the lyrics up on a video.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihNaFCEd0Ms[/video]

Dec 8, 2016 at 12:47 AM Post #170,369 of 177,745
I'd be surprised if it was even DR5.

There's no way it will reach that far...

I call DR6. : P

No...Impossibruuuuuuu!!!!! QAQ

I really thought DR1 max...  ._.

I thought all fripside songs are either a 0 or 1...

Wow, I'm amused.

IKR???!!!!

Well I am not surprised, that song just screams loud

I can do it on more fripSide songs if you all want

in other news, I think Mizuki Nana's single is about DR7 as far as I can remember

Yes please~

Once I dragged my friend to listen to the HD800 (and a bunch of other ones). His benchmark song on whether or not the headphones are good was Only My Railgun~

Now I use that song to see if anything clips. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back