「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Oct 17, 2016 at 10:38 AM Post #169,096 of 177,744
  Btw, have you played Harmonia yet? It's their newest game and it's kinda sorta not really similar to Planetarian...

Nop... I haven't got time to play any VNs lately.....
frown.gif

Oct 17, 2016 at 11:09 AM Post #169,097 of 177,744

Lol Genderfluid crossover into Tumblr Gender (top right).

I have no idea what to make of that.

I still have no clue how this works.... got some instructions for your fellow aamml-er?
confused.gif

I have no clue either so you're not alone lol...

Btw, have you played Harmonia yet? It's their newest game and it's kinda sorta not really similar to Planetarian...

Nop... I haven't got time to play any VNs lately.....
frown.gif

Dayum, you should give it a try. I played it on the plane going back and it was... Meh okay lol

Oct 17, 2016 at 3:33 PM Post #169,098 of 177,744

Also finally got a Denon D2000 like I've always wanted for about 15k yen lol. Plus a STAX SR-207 with one bad channel for 5k yen. I figure I can try to fix it, and if that fails I'll at least learn how to take them apart and then swap the cable out for the one on my OG Lambda that has a few iffy spots in the original cable.

Can't wait to go back. HK is terrible compared to Japan. XD

Lucky :frowning2:
I guess I'll wish for another trip to Japan but this time to audio shops

Oct 17, 2016 at 3:43 PM Post #169,099 of 177,744
@miceblue
 nice RMAF impressions! Looks like you had an awesome time! :D

I just got back from Japan, and I bought waaaaay too much stuff! Here's about 75% of the CDs/stuff I bought:

Yeah RMAF was quite the experience. I'd go again next year since there was just waaaaay too much stuff to see and not enough time. I'd go there over Anime Expo any day. AX had too many people as to make getting from A to B impossible in a reasonable time. >.>

Your photo link didn't work. XD

Oct 17, 2016 at 10:03 PM Post #169,101 of 177,744

Also finally got a Denon D2000 like I've always wanted for about 15k yen lol. Plus a STAX SR-207 with one bad channel for 5k yen. I figure I can try to fix it, and if that fails I'll at least learn how to take them apart and then swap the cable out for the one on my OG Lambda that has a few iffy spots in the original cable.

Can't wait to go back. HK is terrible compared to Japan. XD

Lucky :frowning2:
I guess I'll wish for another trip to Japan but this time to audio shops

Lol gogogogo! We should try and meet there the end of the year hehehe

@miceblue
 nice RMAF impressions! Looks like you had an awesome time! 
biggrin.gif

I just got back from Japan, and I bought waaaaay too much stuff! Here's about 75% of the CDs/stuff I bought:

Yeah RMAF was quite the experience. I'd go again next year since there was just waaaaay too much stuff to see and not enough time. I'd go there over Anime Expo any day. AX had too many people as to make getting from A to B impossible in a reasonable time. >.>

Your photo link didn't work. XD

Lol fair enough, but RMAF wasn't busy either? Or just less busy than AX? 

Still works for me, at least on desktop. :p 
https://goo.gl/photos/6jyhztWE495iWUhn8

Went to watch kizumonogatari 2 Saturday, got ticket number 2.

Awwwww, sosad I can't go see the movie in theaters and then I won't be able to see part 3 either until I see Pt. 2... :C

Oct 17, 2016 at 10:42 PM Post #169,102 of 177,744
Oct 18, 2016 at 12:36 AM Post #169,104 of 177,744

It was busy, but I could still walk through the convention without being stopped. XD

And ah, wow that's a lot of CDs!

Ah, I gotcha lol. Plus I'm sure RMAF had a lot more interesting stuff, huh? :p

Haha and that's not even all of them, I think I ended up getting 10+ more the next day in Nakano at Mandarake's main(?) store.

Lol gogogogo! We should try and meet there the end of the year hehehe

I see supercell's Today is a Beautiful Day! Prolly one of my fave albums.

I know right? I love it too, and at 1400 yen for the limited edition one, how couldn't I get it?

Oct 18, 2016 at 6:31 AM Post #169,106 of 177,744
  I know right? I love it too, and at 1400 yen for the limited edition one, how couldn't I get it?

Noice.

Hmmm Civilisation 6 looks mighty tempting....better wait for more reviews/expansions/DLC/discounts....gah.

Cheapo $10 kitchen scales keep breaking on me, so I ordered an $88 A&D branded one (that's their cheapest and most basic, was on sale because the model is discontinued, you'll find A&D scales at most chemical testing labs and all of our post offices so hoooopefully their low end models will be decently made).

Always the stupid flimsy buttons failing to register presses. There are some cheapies that look like iPads with capacitive buttons but the freakin' coin cell batteries are a pain, I had one that lasted 6 months. The new one should provide 1200 hours of battery life with no less than six big honkin' D cells.

I've had a Thermapen thermometer for 3 years now, I haven't replaced the battery yet and I use it all the time, it's easily the best purchase I've made in regards to cookware. I don't know why it took me so long to buy a decent scale, I've gone through like five of the buggers in the past few years and all that waste can't be good for the environment. 
Now to save up for an immersion circulator for sous-vide...they are very expensive here compared to the land of the free.

Oct 18, 2016 at 8:29 AM Post #169,107 of 177,744

Gawd, am so jelly. Especially because that's not even all of your loot. 

Lol I will hopefully get around to posting a photo of all the CDs I got later. Btw anyone want a copy of Enigmatic Feeling or the Kud Wafter OST? I accidentally bought duplicates and have no need for them orz. Can sell them at cost plus shipping. :p

Noice.

Hmmm Civilisation 6 looks mighty tempting....better wait for more reviews/expansions/DLC/discounts....gah.

Cheapo $10 kitchen scales keep breaking on me, so I ordered an $88 A&D branded one (that's their cheapest and most basic, was on sale because the model is discontinued, you'll find A&D scales at most chemical testing labs and all of our post offices so hoooopefully their low end models will be decently made).

Always the stupid flimsy buttons failing to register presses. There are some cheapies that look like iPads with capacitive buttons but the freakin' coin cell batteries are a pain, I had one that lasted 6 months. The new one should provide 1200 hours of battery life with no less than six big honkin' D cells.

I've had a Thermapen thermometer for 3 years now, I haven't replaced the battery yet and I use it all the time, it's easily the best purchase I've made in regards to cookware. I don't know why it took me so long to buy a decent scale, I've gone through like five of the buggers in the past few years and all that waste can't be good for the environment. 
Now to save up for an immersion circulator for sous-vide...they are very expensive here compared to the land of the free.

Hmm, I've never actually used a scale for cooking, what do you actually use it for?

And wowza, that sounds like a fancy arse thermometer! Also heard of sous-vide but not sure what the hype is all about.

Btw, while in Japan I had a elderly Australian man whom I helped give directions to a nearby place, said I was the nicest American he'd ever met in 71 years. Not sure if I should feel proud or embarrassed about that :|

Oct 18, 2016 at 8:30 AM Post #169,108 of 177,744

Noice.

I've used my 10$ digital scale for years has served me well apart from being a PITA to press anything and I don't understand half of what's written on it and it has 2 AA batteries.

Not bad. However, it is flimsy ...

Oct 18, 2016 at 10:07 AM Post #169,109 of 177,744

Hmm, I've never actually used a scale for cooking, what do you actually use it for?

We use one at least 5 times a day for portion control/calorie counting. It's also critical for baking or following recipes.

Being Australian, having a thermometer is absolutely essential for a good barbie, or else, as we say, your meat will turn out drier than a dead dingo's donger. 
tongue.gif

I've used my 10$ digital scale for years has served me well apart from being a PITA to press anything and I don't understand half of what's written on it and it has 2 AA batteries.

Not bad. However, it is flimsy ...

It's frightening how accurate cheap digital scales have become, but they tend to fall apart or become difficult to clean after some heavy use in the kitchen. 
redface.gif

Oct 18, 2016 at 11:09 AM Post #169,110 of 177,744

We use one at least 5 times a day for portion control/calorie counting. It's also critical for baking or following recipes.

Being Australian, having a thermometer is absolutely essential for a good barbie, or else, as we say, your meat will turn out drier than a dead dingo's donger. 
tongue.gif

Huh, fair enough lol. All the American recipes I tend to follow usually just have some kind of unit for measurement like mL or the Freedom equivalent so I don't ever see the utility in having a scale. Aaaaand I don't really do calorie counting as everyone can probably testify who's met me. :p That explains why I didn't see the use in it then lmao

lol fair enough, I must be in the stone ages because I just cut into the meat to see if it's cooked well enough and then go from there lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back