「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Oct 19, 2016 at 12:37 PM Post #169,127 of 177,745

Soooo here's a haul of all my weeb related stuff I got from my Japan trip:
~SNIP~

tfw the entire Nano Nanoir CD is only $5.

omg. What.

Lol I know right? There were a few really good deals on the CDs there for sure. Suruguya FTW. :D

Too may CDs to count...

I buy random expensive stuff all the time, but remembering how much cd's cost in Japan, that hurts just looking at the photos.

What's that totoro woven thing?

Lol I know right? I probably spent ~$300 on CDs, which is quite a bit, but got 48 in return whereas getting them all shipped to the US would cost sooo much more it wouldn't hardly be worth it.

It's some kind of wall scroll. As far as what's actually inscribed on it, I have no idea. I just know it looks Japanese so I thought it was cool. :3

OMG I NEED THESE IN MY LIFE!

@ above post: I wish I could get there this year for a comiket lol. I am trying to plan to meet TYG over there in 2018 or something. That's the kind of time-table I'm looking at to get over there unfortunately :frowning2:

Haha I know right? Welp if one of us goes back to Asakusa maybe we can hook ya up. They were a little pricey though at 1080 yen :s

Ah I see. :C

Really?!?!?! Eyy sounds like quite a party that's gonna happen in Japan the year after next. Though last year I remember there was going to be quite a party for this year's Comiket as well but it sounds like that's not happening, hopefully we can still get a few people to go this year tho.

Depending on my employment status I may be down to go as well! 
biggrin.gif

Oct 19, 2016 at 12:41 PM Post #169,128 of 177,745
  Finished the original Fate/stay night. I don't think it's a bad anime at all. In fact, I enjoyed every minute of it. Those who say it's not worth watching don't know what they're talking about.

Have you read the original VN? Because it gets most of the hate from the fans of it. I don't think it's terrible either, but not great either. It's eh, OK.
That being said, it's been years since I watched it and I dunno how would I rate it today.

Oct 19, 2016 at 12:46 PM Post #169,129 of 177,745
  Have you read the original VN? Because it gets most of the hate from the fans of it. I don't think it's terrible either, but not great either. It's eh, OK.
That being said, it's been years since I watched it and I dunno how would I rate it today.

No. I heard it's an eroge. haha

Although some don't like all of the anime in the Fate franchise, I think most would agree on my ranking:

Fate/Zero > Fate/stay night [Unlimited Blade Works] > Fate/stay night

(I still need to see Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya.)

Oct 19, 2016 at 12:51 PM Post #169,130 of 177,745
@miceblue
, I asked you about this the other day and was looking to help a guy in the noob section on head-fi. Thought you might find it useful.

http://www.24bit96.com/24bit96khz-download-sites/hd-music-download.html

Nice!
I just remembered that I have this bookmarked too:
https://hifiduino.wordpress.com/free-hi-res-music/

Really?!?!?! Eyy sounds like quite a party that's gonna happen in Japan the year after next. Though last year I remember there was going to be quite a party for this year's Comiket as well but it sounds like that's not happening, hopefully we can still get a few people to go this year tho.

Depending on my employment status I may be down to go as well! :D

Well it depends on my employment status or school too. XD

I'm going to a networking event in 10 minutes.
Stop by the event to:

* Network with other Researchers
* View Product Demonstrations
* Connect with Industry Experts
* Discover New Research Tools
* Learn Troubleshooting Skills
* Hear About Laboratory Services
* Learn about Career Opportunities

Using the right tools for your research saves you time at the bench.

**THIS EVENT IS FREE & INCLUDES AN EXTENSIVE BUFFET OF
REFRESHMENTS**

Note the all caps in the most important part of the email. lol

Oct 19, 2016 at 1:50 PM Post #169,131 of 177,745
  Finished the original Fate/stay night. I don't think it's a bad anime at all. In fact, I enjoyed every minute of it. Those who say it's not worth watching don't know what they're talking about.

It's worth watching to find out how bad anime can get or for the memes. I mean, if nobody watched it, how would we ever get to make fun of this?

Oct 19, 2016 at 2:45 PM Post #169,134 of 177,745
How "convenient" of you to forget your bookmark. You were holding out on me!

gustavo-dudamel.jpg

Well the networking event was pretty meh. It was more of a product fair than a networking event. XD
I won a dollar-store stylus pen from the scavenger hunt though, which is actually of high utility for me especially in lab since i usually have gloves on most of the time. Free food too!

Oct 19, 2016 at 3:43 PM Post #169,135 of 177,745
gustavo-dudamel.jpg

Well the networking event was pretty meh. It was more of a product fair than a networking event. XD
I won a dollar-store stylus pen from the scavenger hunt though, which is actually of high utility for me especially in lab since i usually have gloves on most of the time. Free food too!

Will the cheap styluses work without your hand's charge? I think some of the pricier ones might but always figured the cheapos wouldn't

Oct 19, 2016 at 8:25 PM Post #169,138 of 177,745
https://myanimelist.net/anime/1221/Dema****a_Powerpuff_Girls_Z
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powerpuff_Girls_Z

Has anyone actually seen this? I haven't, but it's basically the anime magical girl version of The Powerpuff Girls. I've always been a fan of the original, but I'm not sure whether I'd want to watch this anytime soon, especially with 52 episodes and the fact that it doesn't seem to have been received well even among PPG fans. Still...my curiosity is piqued.

Oct 19, 2016 at 8:42 PM Post #169,139 of 177,745

Depending on my employment status I may be down to go as well! :D

Well it depends on my employment status or school too. XD

I'm going to a networking event in 10 minutes.
Stop by the event to:

* Network with other Researchers
* View Product Demonstrations
* Connect with Industry Experts
* Discover New Research Tools
* Learn Troubleshooting Skills
* Hear About Laboratory Services
* Learn about Career Opportunities

Using the right tools for your research saves you time at the bench.

**THIS EVENT IS FREE & INCLUDES AN EXTENSIVE BUFFET OF
REFRESHMENTS**

Note the all caps in the most important part of the email. lol

Lol fair enough. XD
Obviously food is a big attraction for people looking to get a job and all that so yeah, it makes total sense! :D

I just realized, why are all the good anime events on holidays? Sakura-Con is always on Easter weekend, AX was on the 4th of July weekend at least a couple of years ago, and Comiket is on New Year's day. What gives?!

Oct 19, 2016 at 9:47 PM Post #169,140 of 177,745

Ooooo that's the one I've been interested in, happy to hear it works well!

Thanks for the kind offer, but I thiiiink the mark up is not too unreasonable as long as I catch it when it's on sale, not to mention we probably have to use the 240V version down here. (normally approx USD220 shipped, 150ish on sale which isn't too bad)

Sold three more things on eBay today, one guy is in Aus. I need shipping tips n' tricks from @deadlylover! The guy that I shipped to in Thailand got his preamp in only like 6 days I thought that was pretty amazing.

Double box if at all possible/practical, the layers will look something like: item>5cm of bubblewrap on all sides>box>5cm bubblewrap again>box. Shipping costs are pretty important though for most cheapskate buyers, so this'll only work for small and/or valuable stuff.

The address format to Australia is as follows, following the capitalisation:

Firstname Lastname
123 Whatever Street
SUBURBORCITY STATE POSTCODE
AUSTRALIA

Lots of dummies accidentally put the capital city where the suburb should be, like this; (the below example is technically wrong but you'll see lots of people tell you their address like this on ebay n stuff)

Firstname Lastname
123 Whatever Street
Liverpool   (the suburb/local city)
SYDNEY NSW 2166
AUSTRALIA

Sydney is the capital city and it doesn't belong there unless they actually physically live in the capital, you can double check with the postcode. Capital cities are usually X000 or X001 etc.

Just for clarity, the above example SHOULD be:

Firstname Lastname
123 Whatever Street
LIVERPOOL NSW 2166
AUSTRALIA

For the state, you can use the long form NEW SOUTH WALES or just abbreviate it to NSW. (others are VIC, TAS, QLD, NT, SA, WA, ACT)
---

It was a rollercoaster of emotions receiving the scale, I hadn't bought the D cell batteries yet because I didn't think it'd arrive so soon, I was so happy to see that it came with the optional AC adapter.

593g vs 625g....that...would explain a lot. 
tongue.gif
 (sniff, I trusted you cheapo scale, you were the chosen one!)
Ahh good ol' beige plastic, makes it look like it was from the 90s.

Made in best Korea? Has a spirit level too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back