「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jul 24, 2016 at 12:19 AM Post #167,372 of 177,745
I
  I want a pet that takes care of itself, greets me when I come home from work everyday, helps me around the house, and takes care of me when I'm sick.

yeah... I think I'll go back to my 2D delusions.

It's called self-discipline, strong bond with your friends/roommates or family members such as parents/siblings.

Jul 24, 2016 at 3:25 AM Post #167,375 of 177,745
so guys am i the only one who think that DBZ is overrated? i go to facebook to have a fast laugh sometimes.

dealing with DBZ fans is lol.... but what tops it is dealing with SAO fans, its a free headache -.-'' specially when they invade some dot hack threads claiming SAO is better since its getting VR and games and anime -.-'' god....

another similar case how the majour facebook weebs claim that kuroku no basket (dbz went basketball) is better than slam dunk :/ yes its their opinion but sometimes its like a kid who say ice cream > vegetables XD

btw i am no bias, this is just based on when few outsiders create new account and bash other threads with similar anime/game calming sh#t without a good fact @_@

glad this thread isn't facebook haha. the IQ level here is a light year ahead :p

sorry about the fast rant XD  and no offence at any fan.

Jul 24, 2016 at 3:33 AM Post #167,376 of 177,745
so guys am i the only one who think that DBZ is overrated? i go to facebook to have a fast laugh sometimes.

dealing with DBZ fans is lol.... but what tops it is dealing with SAO fans, its a free headache -.-'' specially when they invade some dot hack threads claiming SAO is better since its getting VR and games and anime -.-'' god....

another similar case how the majour facebook weebs claim that kuroku no basket (dbz went basketball) is better than slam dunk :/ yes its their opinion but sometimes its like a kid who say ice cream > vegetables XD

btw i am no bias, this is just based on when few outsiders create new account and bash other threads with similar anime/game calming sh#t without a good fact @_@

glad this thread isn't facebook haha. the IQ level here is a light year ahead :p

sorry about the fast rant XD  and no offence at any fan.

What if I say...Audiophilia is overrated and I browse Head-Fi forums (or YouTube comments, but that's just cancer) for fast laughs too...but I usually just end up depressed...especially when reading about fans of cables, burn-in and hd tracks that charge you extra for songs that the seller took a few seconds to upsample via software...

;-;

Jul 24, 2016 at 3:48 AM Post #167,377 of 177,745
What if I say...Audiophilia is overrated and I browse Head-Fi forums (or YouTube comments, but that's just cancer) for fast laughs too...but I usually just end up depressed...especially when reading about fans of cables, burn-in and hd tracks that charge you extra for songs that the seller took a few seconds to upsample via software...

;-;

by fast laugh i mean my friend's posts, 9gag or similar. but because i am a part of few other groups we usually get hit by haters -.-''  not that i went to check them out :p 

just to clear your big misunderstanding :' )

Jul 24, 2016 at 3:52 AM Post #167,378 of 177,745
by fast laugh i mean my friend's posts, 9gag or similar. but because i am a part of few other groups we usually get hit by haters -.-''  not that i went to check them out :p 

just to clear your big misunderstanding :' )

I see...

I still think audiophilia is overrated though...

Jul 24, 2016 at 5:15 AM Post #167,379 of 177,745
I see...

if you mean the whole hobby is overrated, i] won't disagree with you. some people like my brother for example tried high end setups and said wow nice, bu then go back home and still use his current apple ear buds and he is happy with it. for him yes this hobby is overrated because he can live with what he have, or don't feel like he need or care about a better sound quality, which is not wrong ofc.

but it differ from a person to another. for me unlike my brother its hard to me, its nothing like i hear differently, its that i LOVE the upgrades in this hobby, specially if they meet my expectations and let me feel/notice the difference.

so again it depend on the person. i like my bass fast, extended and super controlled, my treble to be sparkly yet smooth and for the mids to b vivid, liquid yet in the right place. for that to happen i need expensive stuff. been testing for like four years before i reached the final rig.

would i call it overrated? there is no clear answer. it does depend on the person and what setup is he fine with.

Jul 24, 2016 at 6:23 AM Post #167,380 of 177,745
I see...

if you mean the whole hobby is overrated, i] won't disagree with you. some people like my brother for example tried high end setups and said wow nice, bu then go back home and still use his current apple ear buds and he is happy with it. for him yes this hobby is overrated because he can live with what he have, or don't feel like he need or care about a better sound quality, which is not wrong ofc.

but it differ from a person to another. for me unlike my brother its hard to me, its nothing like i hear differently, its that i LOVE the upgrades in this hobby, specially if they meet my expectations and let me feel/notice the difference.

so again it depend on the person. i like my bass fast, extended and super controlled, my treble to be sparkly yet smooth and for the mids to b vivid, liquid yet in the right place. for that to happen i need expensive stuff. been testing for like four years before i reached the final rig.

would i call it overrated? there is no clear answer. it does depend on the person and what setup is he fine with.

Spending 700$ on a IEM is overrated for sure. 

But it's fun and it's our thing. 

Fishing pro equipment costs way over 3000$ only for tools, not including boat or bait. 

Every hobby is expensive and we're not animals, we should have interesting things to do, and spending enormous amounts of money on things that are nice for us is a good start. 

That is how it feels with anime. I would not go fishing with pro tools, because it won't make sense since I don't care much for it, but for anime fans, some anime really made their lives better.

I haven't watched SAO, but Silver Link productions are just my life. Like C3 Cube x Cursed x Curious or Baka to Test or OniAi or Dusk Maiden of Amnesia or Fate prisma Illya series. Now, I won't go and tell people these are good. But I will tell people that they should try. 

No one can deny Madoka being probably the top dog anime right now, like the best done, best written, best drawn, best soundtrack, best in everything, but the same fact does not mean that everyone will enjoy it the same. 

I enjoyed Higurashi, Madoka, Illya, Shimoneta, Another, Yuru Yuri, Accel world, Baccano, Black Bullet, BRS, Hellsing, Coppelion, Code Geass, D-Frag, Darker than black, All fate series, especiall Illya, Gakkougurashi, Guilty crown, Hidan no aria, MM!, Umineko, Toradora, Oretachi ni Tsubasa wa nai,and a few others 
- all of these enough to give them all a 10/10 rating. I literally enjoyed them that much. Getting stuck on one anime wastes the enjoyment potential one can draw from watching all these amazing pieces of art. I don't like people being narrow minded and saying that something is better or worse, something is what it is, try to clean your mind before enjoying things, everything is over rated for those who don't dwell in the hobby. 

When I play a good VN, I tend to not get off my chair until I complete all routes. Happened with Everlasting Summer last time. I started the game at 8 p.m, by the next day, all routes completed, 20 hours of gameplay with just a tiny sleeping pause in between. . . 

Jul 24, 2016 at 10:01 AM Post #167,381 of 177,745
Spending 700$ on a IEM is overrated for sure. 

But it's fun and it's our thing. 

Fishing pro equipment costs way over 3000$ only for tools, not including boat or bait. 

Every hobby is expensive and we're not animals, we should have interesting things to do, and spending enormous amounts of money on things that are nice for us is a good start. 

That is how it feels with anime. I would not go fishing with pro tools, because it won't make sense since I don't care much for it, but for anime fans, some anime really made their lives better.

I haven't watched SAO, but Silver Link productions are just my life. Like C3 Cube x Cursed x Curious or Baka to Test or OniAi or Dusk Maiden of Amnesia or Fate prisma Illya series. Now, I won't go and tell people these are good. But I will tell people that they should try. 

No one can deny Madoka being probably the top dog anime right now, like the best done, best written, best drawn, best soundtrack, best in everything, but the same fact does not mean that everyone will enjoy it the same. 

I enjoyed Higurashi, Madoka, Illya, Shimoneta, Another, Yuru Yuri, Accel world, Baccano, Black Bullet, BRS, Hellsing, Coppelion, Code Geass, D-Frag, Darker than black, All fate series, especiall Illya, Gakkougurashi, Guilty crown, Hidan no aria, MM!, Umineko, Toradora, Oretachi ni Tsubasa wa nai,and a few others 

- all of these enough to give them all a 10/10 rating. I literally enjoyed them that much. Getting stuck on one anime wastes the enjoyment potential one can draw from watching all these amazing pieces of art. I don't like people being narrow minded and saying that something is better or worse, something is what it is, try to clean your mind before enjoying things, everything is over rated for those who don't dwell in the hobby. 

When I play a good VN, I tend to not get off my chair until I complete all routes. Happened with Everlasting Summer last time. I started the game at 8 p.m, by the next day, all routes completed, 20 hours of gameplay with just a tiny sleeping pause in between. . . 

Just a fun fact. If anyone tells me anime sucks, I just tell them to watch Boku no Pico...

0v0

Jul 24, 2016 at 10:07 AM Post #167,382 of 177,745

I feel so happy there's someone else in the world like me...

;A;

Every time I say I just listen to my apple earpods over all the expensive things I have due to things like convenience and comfort, and that I can't hear a difference between certain sources, I just get **** upon. It's even more weird is when those screaming at me are just entering the hobby, so they never heard anything they are talking about in person, but are just parroting what they are reading on the Internet.

o(0v0)b

Jul 24, 2016 at 10:48 AM Post #167,383 of 177,745
Kono Suba OVA!!!! :O i didn't know!!! time to watch :3

Jul 24, 2016 at 11:09 AM Post #167,385 of 177,745
And I want a rabbit for a pet. :3

Tippi seems easy to take care of. 

#theanimeisrealu O_o

1e171e47d0bbefb87b6ca650bf2088de.jpg

so guys am i the only one who think that DBZ is overrated? i go to facebook to have a fast laugh sometimes...

Gf and I started watching DBZ while we eat at home cuz you don't even need to pay attention.

I some ways, it's sooooo bad. In others, it unrivaled. I can't think of no other show where characters literally stand around doing nothing for 20 minutes spouting ridiculous interior monologue and you think "... that was awesome!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back