「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jun 12, 2015 at 2:53 PM Post #155,027 of 177,744
  Is there anybody hyping for To Love-Ru 2nd Darkness and MonMusu? My body is ready
popcorn.gif

I'm under contract to say

Let's just pray that the producers don't include steam/light beams etc. I don't wanna be waiting for blu-ray releases T_T

Pfff maybe on your home planet.

To be more specific, somewhere around 10,000 years have been spent playing The Witcher 3.

Sounds about right.

http://www.destructoid.com/the-witcher-3-s-already-been-played-for-ten-millennia-or-so-293822.phtml

Jun 12, 2015 at 2:59 PM Post #155,028 of 177,744
@AxelCloris - I just put in an order for the ALO RX. Would you consider this amp to be transparent? SGS told me that he felt it might be a bit bassy from Lieven's (at Headfonia) notes on the RX vs. the Picollo (which SGS owns)

Mice - Very interesting in regard to the HE1000 blind test! Does put a damper on all of those "planars need massive power" claims. I wish I'd had the SR207 along with me at the time. It's been a good while since I'd listened to it actually with the summer heat seeping in 

Jun 12, 2015 at 3:03 PM Post #155,029 of 177,744
Who else is hyped for Bikini Warriors?!

Woooooooo ridiculously oversized and bouncy meatsacks!
I could just watch some damn H but whatever! Lousy pseudo stories are fuuuuuuun and shows that purely exist to sell merchandise are exactly what keeps this sad industry alive!

@miceblue

Difference is even bigger than I thought.

How good is Jinrui wa Suitai Shima****a?
Good good? Sort of good? Really good?

Jun 12, 2015 at 3:05 PM Post #155,030 of 177,744
  Who else is hyped for Bikini Warriors?!

Woooooooo ridiculously oversized and bouncy meatsacks!
I could just watch some damn H but whatever! Lousy pseudo stories are fuuuuuuun and shows that purely exist to sell merchandise are exactly what keeps this sad industry alive!

How good is Jinrui wa Suitai Shima****a?
Good good? Sort of good? Really good?

I'm under contract to say

Jinrui wa Suitai shimaaasshiiiieetaaaaaaaaaa is uniquely good.
You won't find something similar everywhere. It was a forgotten step forward toward good anime

Jun 12, 2015 at 3:11 PM Post #155,031 of 177,744
  Jinrui wa Suitai shimaaasshiiiieetaaaaaaaaaa is uniquely good.
You won't find something similar everywhere. It was a forgotten step forward toward good anime

Oh head-fi...
Uniquely good sounds even better than really good.

Dude, whaaaaaaat?!

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-06-12/toukiden-kiwami-heads-to-pc-via-steam/.89194
I'm so in for that
popcorn.gif

Jun 12, 2015 at 3:14 PM Post #155,032 of 177,744
  @AxelCloris - I just put in an order for the ALO RX. Would you consider this amp to be transparent? SGS told me that he felt it might be a bit bassy from Lieven's (at Headfonia) notes on the RX vs. the Picollo (which SGS owns)

The review unit that I had for a month was very transparent to my ears. If I had a warm source in front of it, the sound was warm. Same situation with a bright source. I personally found it nearly invisible. I've heard one or two people mention that they heard a slight warmth when they listened but I don't think I've seen anyone call it bassy. There could be differences as a result of use if you believe in burn-in, which I do.

Jun 12, 2015 at 3:20 PM Post #155,033 of 177,744

The review unit that I had for a month was very transparent to my ears. If I had a warm source in front of it, the sound was warm. Same situation with a bright source. I personally found it nearly invisible. I've heard one or two people mention that they heard a slight warmth when they listened but I don't think I've seen anyone call it bassy. There could be differences as a result of use if you believe in burn-in, which I do.

Yeah I'd seen Curra mention that he felt it was quite transparent as well. Good to hear. I'll be comparing it against the Leck 6S Mk II while I've got it for the 30 days. I like what I've read in regard to the RX. It's nicely priced too which is a plus. All of this seems rather redundant with the LC on the way though, but I suppose I've gotta fill that 3/4 month void with something 

Jun 12, 2015 at 3:28 PM Post #155,034 of 177,744
Yeah I'd seen Curra mention that he felt it was quite transparent as well. Good to hear. I'll be comparing it against the Leck 6S Mk II while I've got it for the 30 days. I like what I've read in regard to the RX. It's nicely priced too which is a plus. All of this seems rather redundant with the LC on the way though, but I suppose I've gotta fill that 3/4 month void with something 

Did you get the nickle or black finish? The nickle comes with a swanky ALO USB cable as well.

Speaking of LC I recently learned that it uses current feedback amps. That makes me very happy and explains part of the reason why I liked it so much. Hopefully Alex is still on schedule to begin shipping in August.

I'm also waiting on ALO's Continental Dual Mono to be released. Just gotta continue being patient. :D

Jun 12, 2015 at 3:37 PM Post #155,036 of 177,744
  Welp, at least there's no 1 guy 5 girls setting, so you're safe

popcorn.gif

Complete list of books that have been mentioned/quoted in Psycho-Pass:

I might be missing a few referenced, but from what I can recall from skimming through the series again (in no particular order):
  1. Midnight Plus One by Gavin Lyall
  2. Discourse on the Origin and Basis of Inequality Among Men by Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  3. Toward a Philosophy of History by José Ortega y Gasset
  4. Economy and Society by Max Weber
  5. Various works by William Shakespeare, such as Twelfth Night, Macbeth, Titus Andronicus, and Hamlet
  6. Carmilla and In a Glass Darkly by Joseph Sheridan Le Fanu
  7. Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad
  8. Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep by Philip K. Dick
  9. Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift
  10. Various William Gibson works, such as Johnny Mnemonic and the The Sprawl Trilogy (Neuromancer, Count Zero, Mona Lisa Overdrive)
  11. Difference Engine by William Gibson and Bruce Sterling
  12. Pensées (Thoughts) by Blaise Pascal
  13. The Most Dangerous Game by Richard Connell
  14. An Introduction to the Principles of Morals and Legislation by Jeremy Bentham
  15. The Republic by Plato
  16. Beyond Good and Evil by Friedrich Nietzsche
  17. Violence: A New Approach by Michel Wieviorka
  18. The Conquest of Happiness by Bertrand Russell
  19. The Red and the Black by Stendhal
  20. Oathbreakers by Mercedes Lackey (in reference to the subtitle of Epi 16)
  21. There are references to works of Project Itoh and Kierkegaard, but no works are specifically named.
As mentioned before by others:
  1. Nineteen Eighty-Four by George Orwell
  2. A Revolution Sabotaged Before it Began (あらかじめ裏切られた革命) by Iwakami Yasumi
  3. Swann's Way by Marcel Proust
  4. The Bible (e.g., Matthew 13:24-30, Book of Genesis)
  5. Discipline and Punish: The Birth of the Prison by Michel Foucault
  6. Justine by Marquis de Sade
Certain movies are referenced as well:
  1. The Man Who Stole the Sun
  2. The Deer Hunter?
  3. Shuuji Terayama's "Saraba, eiga yo (さらば、映画よ?)" seems to be a reference to a play by him, but I haven't found much on that

Overkill? Hmmm they packaged it pretty well.
Haven't read half of these :|

Jun 12, 2015 at 3:43 PM Post #155,037 of 177,744

Did you get the nickle or black finish? The nickle comes with a swanky ALO USB cable as well.

Speaking of LC I recently learned that it uses current feedback amps. That makes me very happy and explains part of the reason why I liked it so much. Hopefully Alex is still on schedule to begin shipping in August.

I'm also waiting on ALO's Continental Dual Mono to be released. Just gotta continue being patient. :D

I actually just changed my order to nickel. I was thinking of just rolling with black, but the nickel finish just looks so clean and unique in a world of black/slver amps. I have a soft spot for stuff that "ages" as well, such as leather and denim. Yeah the Dual Mono is a looker for sure, I love that window with the tubes on full display. Heck, I love the drilled out panels so you can see the orange glow on the RX. Real neat touch. 

When it comes to these types of preorders, I almost always expect there to be delays due to unforeseen problems in the pipeline. Wouldn't surprise me at all if Cavalli missed their estimate 

Jun 12, 2015 at 3:59 PM Post #155,040 of 177,744
I actually just changed my order to nickel. I was thinking of just rolling with black, but the nickel finish just looks so clean and unique in a world of black/slver amps. I have a soft spot for stuff that "ages" as well, such as leather and denim. Yeah the Dual Mono is a looker for sure, I love that window with the tubes on full display. Heck, I love the drilled out panels so you can see the orange glow on the RX. Real neat touch. 

When it comes to these types of preorders, I almost always expect there to be delays due to unforeseen problems in the pipeline. Wouldn't surprise me at all if Cavalli missed their estimate 

I agree. The black is pretty but the nickle is what stands out to me. And the CDM is something wonderful, I fell in love with it in under a minute at AXPONA.

Alex did say that he's already ordered parts and started work on the production body so I could see him sticking to the August estimate. But either way he'll be a lot closer to his estimate than another audio company that has a good chunk of my money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back