「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jun 12, 2015 at 4:22 PM Post #155,041 of 177,745
OH man this is seriously annoying. Just rang up ALO and had them cancel my order so I can reorder the Nickel and now I can't seem to use my Paypal credit on the order page when I could last night. Ugh. Don't really want this on my credit card since Paypal credit defers payments with no interest for 6 months which is really, really nice :l 

Jun 12, 2015 at 4:25 PM Post #155,042 of 177,745
  OH man this is seriously annoying. Just rang up ALO and had them cancel my order so I can reorder the Nickel and now I can't seem to use my Paypal credit on the order page when I could last night. Ugh. Don't really want this on my credit card since Paypal credit defers payments with no interest for 6 months which is really, really nice :l 

You'll probably have to wait until PayPal Credit updates you available balance if you want to use the service. Could take up to 72 hours for the funds to be available again, just like most forms of credit.

Jun 12, 2015 at 4:25 PM Post #155,043 of 177,745
That moment you find a puella magicka shirt at Hot topic and that you'll wear with no shame....but its a t shirt so u can't. I can only wear polos or v necka

That gave me a good laugh :D
Can't believe the business world still hasn't gotten over this whole "don't dare to wear casual clothing in your office job" thing. I see why someone would wear a suite etc for a business meeting or other important stuff where you have to look all serious and menacing.
But hey, dress code definitely got less strict over time.
Just buy the damn tshirt and wear it in the tiny bit of free time that you will have. Stay true to your roots and don't let these yuppies influence you too much.

Jun 12, 2015 at 4:26 PM Post #155,044 of 177,745

Mice - Very interesting in regard to the HE1000 blind test! Does put a damper on all of those "planars need massive power" claims. I wish I'd had the SR207 along with me at the time. It's been a good while since I'd listened to it actually with the summer heat seeping in 

It was a really fun blind test and comparo between the 207 and HE1K. Honestly, some of the songs, as @deadlylover put it a few times, was splitting ball hairs between which 'phone I preferred. I think if I'd had the 202 there I would have leaned more toward that than the HE but ah well. We both agreed that for the price, the 207 is way better value, and if I was given the choice between the two headphones, regardless of price (like they would be given to us), I'd get the HE1000 and then sell it to fund a 009. :p

That moment you find a puella magicka shirt at Hot topic and that you'll wear with no shame....but its a t shirt so u can't. I can only wear polos or v necka

Wait you can wear V-neck tees but not regular ones? :/

Also wat were you doing at Hot Topic anyway?

Jun 12, 2015 at 4:32 PM Post #155,046 of 177,745
That gave me a good laugh
biggrin.gif

Can't believe the business world still hasn't gotten over this whole "don't dare to wear casual clothing in your office job" thing. I see why someone would wear a suite etc for a business meeting or other important stuff where you have to look all serious and menacing.

Just buy the damn tshirt and wear it in the tiny bit of free time that you will have. Stay true to your roots and don't let these yuppies influence you too much.

My work attire is absolutely horrible by the standards of many east coast employers. But I work in a small office and never have to face those who work under me directly, so there's no need to dress in business casual or business formal.

Jun 12, 2015 at 4:36 PM Post #155,047 of 177,745

You'll probably have to wait until PayPal Credit updates you available balance if you want to use the service. Could take up to 72 hours for the funds to be available again, just like most forms of credit.

Ah... that would explain it. God dang it. Wish I'd just stuck with the black. Now my whole order's been delayed :/ 

It was a really fun blind test and comparo between the 207 and HE1K. Honestly, some of the songs, as @deadlylover put it a few times, was splitting ball hairs between which 'phone I preferred. I think if I'd had the 202 there I would have leaned more toward that than the HE but ah well. We both agreed that for the price, the 207 is way better value, and if I was given the choice between the two headphones, regardless of price (like they would be given to us), I'd get the HE1000 and then sell it to fund a 009. :p

Wait you can wear V-neck tees but not regular ones? :/

Also wat were you doing at Hot Topic anyway?

Yeah, my memory in regard to the 207 is rather hazy as I haven't listened to it in well over a month at this point. I'm almost certain that the 207 stacks up to the HE1000 very, very well except perhaps in overall bass punch where it's on the lighter (but nimble) side. 

Jun 12, 2015 at 4:38 PM Post #155,048 of 177,745

Wear the anime shirt man, anime chicks dig them~

That gave me a good laugh :D

I wear my dumb kancolle shirts to the office but we are pretty lax about everything here. I think I read in the employee manual that shorts are banned but I don't think that has ever been enforced.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Jun 12, 2015 at 4:45 PM Post #155,050 of 177,745

But the ALO Green Line micro USB cable doesn't come with the black. Think of it as a free upgrade. :D That's a $150 cable, yo.

yeah that is a pretty nice cable. I wish someone would make a boutique lightning cable. I've got three of them and I think the build on them is kinda crap since the strain relief sucks. Oh and my cat's bitten through 2 of em :l 

Jun 12, 2015 at 5:01 PM Post #155,051 of 177,745
  I wear my dumb kancolle shirts to the office but we are pretty lax about everything here. I think I read in the employee manual that shorts are banned but I don't think that has ever been enforced.

Makes me wonder if panda man would be allowed to wear t-shirts if they have guns, torpedos and submarines on them. That would be way way worse than animu shirts, but fitting.

Hands down best tortilla chips.

Pricey but totally worth it.
Doritos suck btw

Jun 12, 2015 at 5:15 PM Post #155,052 of 177,745
Idsynchrono_24
Yeah I have no idea why people think speaker amps automagickally make planars "better-sounding." Literally the only headphones that would need such an amp for higher volume levels is the K1000 and HE-6. Even then, the HE-6 would be considered efficient next to the K1000, which is rated at a measly 74 dB SPL/mW at 120-ohms.

Speaker amps may have better linearity than non-speaker amps, but that's a limitation of how the amp designer made it, not the fact that the amp is a speaker amp of in itself. Power-wise, most planars wouldn't need more than 1.5 W to reach 120 dB SPL peaks, so I don't understand the need for more power output than that. According to audiophools though, planars need more power than normal headphones. Physics disagrees, but what do physicists know?

I liked how people said the OPPO HA-2 couldn't "drive" the HE-560. Tried it at a mini-meet and I barely had to turn it past volume 3/5 on low gain. Nobigdeal.jpg

Tom Yum Goong
Wow. The 3DS version looks like it's sub 30 FPS or something next to the N3DS. It doesn't run at 60 FPS, does it? That's a crap ton of content to be processing if it were, but maybe I'm wrong. I didn't really notice a difference in the textures so much as lighting differences.

Jun 12, 2015 at 5:45 PM Post #155,053 of 177,745
@Idsynchrono_24
Yeah I have no idea why people think speaker amps automagickally make planars "better-sounding." Literally the only headphones that would need such an amp for higher volume levels is the K1000 and HE-6. Even then, the HE-6 would be considered efficient next to the K1000, which is rated at a measly 74 dB SPL/mW at 120-ohms.

Speaker amps may have better linearity than non-speaker amps, but that's a limitation of how the amp designer made it, not the fact that the amp is a speaker amp of in itself. Power-wise, most planars wouldn't need more than 1.5 W to reach 120 dB SPL peaks, so I don't understand the need for more power output than that. According to audiophools though, planars need more power than normal headphones. Physics disagrees, but what do physicists know?

I liked how people said the OPPO HA-2 couldn't "drive" the HE-560. Tried it at a mini-meet and I barely had to turn it past volume 3/5 on low gain. Nobigdeal.jpg

Some people are legit going deaf or something. I see people saying this and that doesn't have enough juice to power xyz then when I try the same things I barely have to touch volume knob also.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Jun 12, 2015 at 5:47 PM Post #155,054 of 177,745
Originally Posted by miceblue /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@Idsynchrono_24

Mate mate mate it's all about the headroom ya know? 
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back