「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Mar 18, 2015 at 4:30 PM Post #148,906 of 177,745
Finally done a good portion of that Dragon Momoko Sword Strike

Finished the arms the day before. What is interesting about this kit is like the PG, it has fully articulated fingers. However, I feel it can be a little too articulate. I think this woud improve with weapons though.

The waist has pretty good design IMO. Front skirts are double jointed on a ball-hinge joint, which gives good mobility. The height adjustment feature is pretty sturdy too.

Just completed the legs and now the basic Strike (custom colour) is complete. Very happy with the result so far, the overall look beats every single Gundam in my cabinet so far hands down. Shadowing does seem to not stay very well though (even with topcoat) so I might need to do something about it.

Now first impressions:
Plastic quality is pretty good.
Mold quality isn't Bandai level but close.
Joints are tight, which is good for a kit.
Fitting is pretty good, very little problems actually.
Water decals are detailed and good.
The V-fin is a little loose.
Fingers can be a little too articulate (they could have made it more like older MGs e.g. Strike Freedom)
If you want the look above prepare to shell out for model spray paint + masking tape cause the runners are not originally two toned.

Can't complete the rifle, daggers and sword pack so I will continue in the middle of next week.

Kancolle 11

So this is the second last episode.

Akagi actually has dreams of her being scuttled, like the actual battle of Midway.

With that vision of the future she decided to change tactics to prevent this from happening but so far it seems to work until they got ambushed.

That cliffhanger, kinda makes me real excited...

Thinking about it, I think the approach of this show would be like, what if the Battle of Midway is a success? Can their unfortunate fate of devastating loss be changed?

All is anchored on Fubuki Kai Ni then.

Mar 18, 2015 at 5:24 PM Post #148,911 of 177,745
Wow, I'm arr'ing on my home internet at 9MB/s (not Mb/s). notbad.jpg
That's way better than the internet I'll have in a couple weeks in my new apartment. My roommate has Centurylink 12Mbps. That should be absolutely horrendous but hopefully I'll survive for the three months I'm there 
frown.gif

Mar 18, 2015 at 6:46 PM Post #148,912 of 177,745
  Wow, I'm arr'ing on my home internet at 9MB/s (not Mb/s). notbad.jpg
That's way better than the internet I'll have in a couple weeks in my new apartment. My roommate has Centurylink 12Mbps. That should be absolutely horrendous but hopefully I'll survive for the three months I'm there 
frown.gif

Consider yourself lucky.

Fun times with Virgin Media. This is their highest grade consumer service for the area too...I can't wait for the contract to end.

Oh boy. 

Mar 18, 2015 at 7:30 PM Post #148,914 of 177,745
Mar 18, 2015 at 8:17 PM Post #148,917 of 177,745
  I consider myself lucky:

By the way, I'm new here. Hello everyone :)

And the first thing you do is brag about your unreasonable internet speed.....jk :p

Favorite shows?

Mar 18, 2015 at 8:39 PM Post #148,918 of 177,745
Schiit harem, loli imuoto shows.

Mar 18, 2015 at 9:58 PM Post #148,920 of 177,745
Forkball;156395551 said:
How will Zara strike back?

1-1.jpg

A few years ago when I lived in northern Japan, I and the other resident foreigners were pretty excited when we first heard that a new H&M would be opening in Sendai. The store would be a familiar, inexpensive alternative to Uniqlo, and we wouldn’t have to travel all the way to shop at the Tokyo store, after all.

It’s too bad that I’m not around anymore to check out H&M’s spring 2015 fashion line, which includes some adorable Japan and anime-inspired prints. But wait–we can buy some of them overseas, too!?

The Swedish clothing giant’s new spring offerings include a handful of items designed in an adorable, colorful ‘Akihabara style’!

While we don’t have specific availability information for different regions, a quick browse through the new arrivals section of H&M’s US website revealed that at least one of the items can be found in both US and Japanese H&M stores, one seems to be exclusive to the US, and the rest are exclusive to Japan.

Here are all five of the Japan-themed spring clothing items we could find after perusing the official websites:

1. Patterned sweatshirt: Anime girl sailor uniform style

This colorful sweatshirt is decorated with the image of a cute anime-style girl wearing a sailor uniform. Her long, pink hair and overall design seems to channel the character Hinagiku Katsura from Hayate the Combat Butler.

Price: Japan 1,990 yen/America US$24.95

2. Patterned leggings: Anime girl sailor uniform style

If you’re buying the sweatshirt, why not go all out and get some leggings to match? There’s no such thing as too much moe, after all.

Price: Japan 1,490 yen ($12.28)

3. Jersey short top: Sushi

Here’s a perfect addition to the closet of any sushi-loving lady. By the way, the Japanese word kawaii (“cute”) is scribbled in pink across the whimsical raw fish design.

Price: Japan 1,190 yen ($9.80)

4. Jersey short top: Anime sailor uniform style

This one is undeniably based on a simple anime-style sailor uniform design. Better yet, pair this shirt with one of countless Sailor Moon-themed accessories for the full effect!

Price: Japan 1,190 yen ($9.80)

5. Printed knit sweater: “Kawaii Cutie”

Finally, we have this bright pink and fluffy sweater which will make you want to scream kawaii (quite literally, in fact). Don’t be alarmed if you start shedding pink threads of kawaiiness all over the floor…

Price: America $24.95 (3,029 yen)

Good luck finding these items at an H&M store near you!

1-2.jpg

2-2.jpg

3-2.jpg

4-2.jpg

5-2.jpg

A human has worn this:
5-1.jpg

Eww... :-/

Also, GAF comments:
We Vaporwave Now

kawaii cutie is redundant, it'd be like saying cute cutie wouldn't it? all this looks like hot topic stuff.

The t-shirt has subtitles.

Primark's "Japanese Schoolgirl Outfit" men's shirt is better.

SBBjSRF.jpg

I thought this was going to be like a leather jacket with six belts on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back