「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jan 13, 2015 at 1:42 AM Post #143,386 of 177,742
Naisu! Hope you get used to it, I couldn't get into using a TKL, which was why I sold the Blackwidow Tournament I got as a gift.

Isn't white easier to get dirty than black ones?

Yeah

I prefer Full size keyboards

However I'm thinking about getting a TKL one day if it gets cheapo

Jan 13, 2015 at 1:44 AM Post #143,387 of 177,742
Yeah

I prefer Full size keyboards

However I'm thinking about getting a TKL one day if it gets cheapo

I just found out a local sellers actually sells Das Keyboards, namely the Professional Model S and the Ultimate Model s.

Out of stock atm but should have some coming in by the end of the month. Soooo happy about this

Jan 13, 2015 at 1:47 AM Post #143,388 of 177,742
I just found out a local sellers actually sells Das Keyboards, namely the Professional Model S and the Ultimate Model s.

Out of stock atm but should have some coming in by the end of the month. Soooo happy about this

Do they come with free durian scented key caps?

Jan 13, 2015 at 1:50 AM Post #143,390 of 177,742
Naisu! Hope you get used to it, I couldn't get into using a TKL, which was why I sold the Blackwidow Tournament I got as a gift.

Isn't white easier to get dirty than black ones?

I don't think it'll take long for me to get used to the stock key layout. It seems very much like a MacBook's keyboard but with page up/down/home/end in-line above the arrow keys, and a full-size spacebar. The right shift key is smaller, but to be honest, I never even press half-way on the length of the key usually, so it shouldn't matter too much for me.

The program and function keys could take some time to get used to, but I anticipate that I won't use them very often. I like how the Race II has a light mode for gaming too; I don't like having the whole keyboard lit at night.

As for white, I'm not sure. My assumption is yes because people claim white things get dirty more easily, but I hope I'm wrong about that. And plus, what defines "dirty" for a keyboard? As mentioned, grease, grime, and fingerprints are why I didn't want black because my experience with black keycaps is that they actually get quite dirty. Not to mention if the keys are matte, they'll get shiny over time, which is way more noticeable on black keys.

Jan 13, 2015 at 1:59 AM Post #143,391 of 177,742
  Has anyone here seen the 'Psycho-Pass movie'? 

Nope

Not screening anywhere nearby 
frown.gif

Jan 13, 2015 at 2:08 AM Post #143,392 of 177,742
I don't think it'll take long for me to get used to the stock key layout. It seems very much like a MacBook's keyboard but with page up/down/home/end in-line above the arrow keys, and a full-size spacebar. The right shift key is smaller, but to be honest, I never even press half-way on the length of the key usually, so it shouldn't matter too much for me.

The program and function keys could take some time to get used to, but I anticipate that I won't use them very often. I like how the Race II has a light mode for gaming too; I don't like having the whole keyboard lit at night.

As for white, I'm not sure. My assumption is yes because people claim white things get dirty more easily, but I hope I'm wrong about that. And plus, what defines "dirty" for a keyboard? As mentioned, grease, grime, and fingerprints are why I didn't want black because my experience with black keycaps is that they actually get quite dirty. Not to mention if the keys are matte, they'll get shiny over time, which is way more noticeable on black keys.

The light mode sounds a bit like one of Ducky's different lighting options. It only Lights up the wasd cluster and a few a others. Don't use it often so I forgot which ones exactly

I'm pretty sure white shows up grime and dirt more prominently than blacks. I agree it's much easier to notice shiny keys on a black kb, doubleshot or not.

[rule]

Tried watching Expelled from Paradise on MXPlayer, audio kept cutting off and the lag was nuts. Oh well, at least I tried

Jan 13, 2015 at 2:09 AM Post #143,393 of 177,742
Eleven arts has been bringing anime movies to limited theaters for a while now in the states. They made the Madoka movies and other movies like expelled from paradise, anohana, tiger and bunny, etc last year and those screenings went alright mostly for me. The only problems were that the audiences are usually pretty bad at anime movies in America for some reason least for me.

I fully expect that psycho pass will have some special screenings in the states sometime soonish. Either Feb or March in a few theaters around the country.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Jan 13, 2015 at 2:15 AM Post #143,396 of 177,742
  Eleven arts has been bringing anime movies to limited theaters for a while now in the states. They made the Madoka movies and other movies like expelled from paradise, anohana, tiger and bunny, etc last year and those screenings went alright mostly for me. The only problems were that the audiences are usually pretty bad at anime movies in America for some reason least for me.

I fully expect that psycho pass will have some special screenings in the states sometime soonish. Either Feb or March in a few theaters around the country.

Yea, I hope FUNi releases it, soon! They seem to be dubbing things faster, which means that the Blu-ray could get a release sooner than later. lol

Jan 13, 2015 at 2:16 AM Post #143,397 of 177,742
  Yea, I hope FUNi releases it, soon! They seem to be dubbing things faster, which means that the Blu-ray could get a release sooner than later. lol

Funi is starting a war with Crunchyroll

:/

I am on the fence for which service I want to go with....but now its like half the anime are divided between the two

I can't afford to buy both services.

Jan 13, 2015 at 2:21 AM Post #143,398 of 177,742
  Funi is starting a war with Crunchyroll

:/

I am on the fence for which service I want to go with....but now its like half the anime are divided between the two

I can't afford to buy both services.

Aren't some of the shows that Funi owns on Crunchyroll, though?

I actually don't have a premium membership with CR nor Funi... I just use their free service. 
rolleyes.gif

Jan 13, 2015 at 2:24 AM Post #143,399 of 177,742
  Aren't some of the shows that Funi owns on Crunchyroll, though?

I actually don't have a premium membership with CR nor Funi... I just use their free service. 
rolleyes.gif

Licensed

Crunchyroll doesn't license any series. Funimation does as they have to sell it

Crunchyroll is just a network but Funimation can both be the network and distributor. 

There are some series you are right. But most of them operate under deals where Funimation owns the rights to it int he USA, and they work with CR on it

There aren't too many duplicate series (not including the super mainstream popular ones) in terms of Funimations current streaming stimulcasts

Jan 13, 2015 at 2:25 AM Post #143,400 of 177,742
Wow, I guessing you like Q-baes.

He just looks plain creepy to me. XD

Just realized, I actually now have so much Madoka merchandise now~

QB Hat, QB Plush, Madoka Cast Nendroids, Madoka mousepad, and Madoka engraved Project-H

I guess I'm finally a "true" fan of the series?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back