「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jan 1, 2015 at 4:22 PM Post #141,406 of 177,745
Jan 1, 2015 at 4:32 PM Post #141,409 of 177,745
  Well as a student with a tight budget everything outside of the necessities to support my expensive hobby look like a moneygrab unless they make a significant objective difference of any sort. Ok well joking aside, I just haven't seen the difference aftermarket cables make aside from build quality.

Also my hearing's more or less back so I'll write a bit of my impressions on the 1+ a lil later.

It's been 20 minutes. where are my impressions

Jan 1, 2015 at 4:37 PM Post #141,410 of 177,745
Tom Yum Goong
It's probably been 8 years or so since I last went to the local IKEA. That was a time before the term "froyo" existed, but IKEA sold frozen yogurt. XD

Best. Meatballs. Ever (for the price)

lol... Stop making me use up all my Ikea meatballs.

Jan 1, 2015 at 4:42 PM Post #141,411 of 177,745

Salt stressed potatoes. What's so hard to understand?

@Tom Yum Goong
It's probably been 8 years or so since I last went to the local IKEA. That was a time before the term "froyo" existed, but IKEA sold frozen yogurt. XD

Best. Meatballs. Ever (for the price)

And I got a new panda since $1 was donated to Unicef. :3

I recently saw that IKEAs in the US sells mac and cheese as a side dish in their "restaurants".
If I look at their menu here non of the dishes look like they might be exclusive to German IKEAs.

Hmmm I do have to agree. Nothing beats homemade meatballs though ♥

Awwwww :3

Jan 1, 2015 at 5:06 PM Post #141,413 of 177,745
  You brought this upon yourself!
I pride myself in being an Anime Hipster.
Btw. what's the difference between an Anime Hipster and an Anime Elitist?

Eeeeewwww....
Has Sonico on it. Has to be bad.

I would love to read them. Too bad only like two of them are translated.
Same goes for Hyouka :'(

Holy moly. This friend really really likes you, doesn't he?

The anime hipster is an anime elitist but WON'T admit it. They warrant themselves to have higher tastes than the elitist when in reality, it's just them wanting to be different. Oh, they have a distinct love of the -Gatari series, Mushishi, GITS, Lain, and artsy anime like gankutsuou.

The anime elitist is the highest form you may generally have as an anime connosooir. These include the hipsters that dont wanna admit (example being Confederate States of Murica or Taiwan or North Korea) they are part of the main branch but for the most part actually are. They have a fine taste in anime and while they may like common rabble anime, do see the light in amazing anime shows. 

That moment when you realize it's stylized as NisiOisiN to emphasize the fact it's a palindrome 
eek.gif

What does the amp itself look like, perchance?

Wow, time really does fly. One year only consists of 4 anime seasons! 

Hirano Aya herself did an "acoustic" "cover" that was better than her own other live version:

Aya Hirano's fall from fame always makes me sad.

but come on. Sleeping with your entire band!?

While I do find general Japanese/Asian fandom of their idols requiring them to not be publically sexual is a bit weird. I do understand why she fell so hard though....because she slept with literally everybody. 

She had so many top line rolls post 2006 to 2012 that it just hurts!
  It's a sad day guys...... because of last.fm's inability to change usernames, I've been pondering for a long time weather I should create a new account and sacrifice my 16k scrobbles then reconnect all my devices.... when I finally decided to take the plunge, guess what? The name I want was taken by an empty account that's been inactive since it was created 4 years ago. What.The.Fu.ck. :frowning2:

I mean can you believe it? Somebody out there actually took b1o2r3i4s5 from me... like seriously?

btw, in case anyone's wondering, I'm known as b1o1994 on last.fm. I hate my name now and I'm dying to change it. :/

Why don't more sites implement account name recycling from inactivity??? AnimeBytes does this and it's great!

Considering how you got to b1o, it probably was a common idea lol
I mean..it's just borisu but with 12345 intertwined in it

Jan 1, 2015 at 5:27 PM Post #141,414 of 177,745
Well as a student with a tight budget everything outside of the necessities to support my expensive hobby look like a moneygrab unless they make a significant objective difference of any sort. Ok well joking aside, I just haven't seen the difference aftermarket cables make aside from build quality.

Also my hearing's more or less back so I'll write a bit of my impressions on the 1+ a lil later.

Oh, I was talking about DACs/Amps (mainly DACs, but they are often inseparable in a portable package). I wouldn't spend more than $40 on a cable, which not so incidentally is what most bottom or the barrel/stock replacement cables cost.

I'd rather use the money on a new budget wonder. I'm still eyeing the FXH30, I just don't want to pay tenso (etc.) fees for $45 of product.

[rule]

Also, love it. Make one post with the word cables and bam:

:rolleyes:

Jan 1, 2015 at 5:30 PM Post #141,416 of 177,745
Basically most of the Bishop games, schools, teachers/students, etc etc. Except the one about trains, that got annoying after while. If I wanted a Chikan game I'd have gotten Kaguya Atelier's Saishuu Chikan Densha series. Favorites would be Sansha Mendan and Ura Kyoushi, I guess?

As for Lilith, mostly their one-off except for the Kangoku Senkan series. Not really into the demon-hunter franchise.

Disclaimer: to anyone reading, do not Google unless you really want to know what these are about. I hold no responsibility over your own actions.

You know that when you say that it's always like saying 'don't touch the red button'... right?

Now I know why she's called a bad waifu

Is.... Is that Louise?

Jan 1, 2015 at 5:36 PM Post #141,418 of 177,745
  The anime hipster is an anime elitist but WON'T admit it. They warrant themselves to have higher tastes than the elitist when in reality, it's just them wanting to be different. Oh, they have a distinct love of the -Gatari series, Mushishi, GITS, Lain, and artsy anime like gankutsuou.

The anime elitist is the highest form you may generally have as an anime connosooir. These include the hipsters that dont wanna admit (example being Confederate States of Murica or Taiwan or North Korea) they are part of the main branch but for the most part actually are. They have a fine taste in anime and while they may like common rabble anime, do see the light in amazing anime shows. 

When people try to categorize hipsters, it always makes me think of this comic here: 

I actually consider myself to be a bit of a hipster, so it's amusing. I think what you're describing is just an elitist or what's colloquially known as a "dick," not a hipster. Those kinda exist anywhere you look. People trying to branch out and explore interesting alternatives and different avenues of life is a good thing. When you decide to be pretentious about it... well... lol 

Aya Hirano's fall from fame always makes me sad.  
but come on. Sleeping with your entire band!?

While I do find general Japanese/Asian fandom of their idols requiring them to not be publically sexual is a bit weird. I do understand why she fell so hard though....because she slept with literally everybody. 

Wow. No kiddin. I had no idea. And you're telling me she couldn't make the time for me? Fall from greatness justified. 

Jan 1, 2015 at 5:48 PM Post #141,419 of 177,745
  When people try to categorize hipsters, it always makes me think of this comic here: 

I actually consider myself to be a bit of a hipster, so it's amusing. I think what you're describing is just an elitist or what's colloquially known as a "dick," not a hipster. Those kinda exist anywhere you look. People trying to branch out and explore interesting alternatives and different avenues of life is a good thing. When you decide to be pretentious about it... well... lol 

Wow. No kiddin. I had no idea. And you're telling me she couldn't make the time for me? Fall from greatness justified. 

The hipster part was more of a joke that relates to the picture that your posting. 

And it is true. Just like how I described it. Indeed a hipster is in relativity. 

By comparison, I'm already 'hipster' to some people for my love of tech and anime...but compared to others, I find anime hipsters to be way off end hipster.

Anyway, the hipster statement was more of a joke that TYG graciously set me up for and allowed me the pleasantry to explain in depth. 

'couldn't make the time for me' ? I don't get that statement. Her fall from grace is much more justified than Jessica from SNSD or the Seiyuu of Asuka. As those people just wanted normal lives with a 'partner' or had to resort to typical H jobs before a mainstream seiyuu (very very common).

Aya on the other hand....slept with every member of the band save one. I get wanting to have your life and getting married to break from the company. But every person? ....welll...then.

Jan 1, 2015 at 5:58 PM Post #141,420 of 177,745
  By comparison, I'm already 'hipster' to some people for my love of tech and anime

Nah, that makes you a nerd (or geek?). You would be a hipster nerd if you are only interested in super vintage niche tech stuff and animes like Lain, Gankutsuou or Monogatari.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back