「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jan 1, 2015 at 3:11 PM Post #141,391 of 177,750

I've tried a few cables, with substantially little to no difference in sound. I've Tried the FiiO e10 which sounded pretty darn the same as the iPhone 4, and everything else I've heard sounds a little bit different than everything else. The only thing I've heard that made anything sound substantially different was the Palaios wooden amp. 

I wouldn't say with much if any certainty about many of these things sounding "better" than the others though.

images

Jan 1, 2015 at 3:13 PM Post #141,392 of 177,750

I don't get why people would rather spend money on upgrading their cables and DACs when they can upgrade the heart of their rig(headphones) but I guess placebos work well for some people.

nah that is not true, crap in crap out, the better headphone you got the more crap you hear :wink:
the amplifying stage will enlarge all the flaws so interconnect is important

having the fact that quite some cans are not efficient sometimes it is a trap to ''upgrade'' if you don't have the money for a good amp huehue. And cheapos earphone isn't bad sometimes, it all depends on how the choice is made

Jan 1, 2015 at 3:13 PM Post #141,393 of 177,750
kyonyuu loli? ugh every time I see/hear that I think of a certain pic..... *shudders*
No, not posting or linking or even describing it here. Hinnyuu is best.

Other than that though....... damn that's almost Exactly what I would say for my likes/dislikes.
And now i'm curious. Anyone else feel like sharing?

I have the same preferences, but I have to admit I like Onee-san types and older women too. Which is why Bishop and Lilith gamed appeal to me. But I also love softhouse seal and Yuzusoft...

...I have a really really wide strikezone.

Jan 1, 2015 at 3:16 PM Post #141,395 of 177,750
I am more inclined into getting overhead powerlines and trying to make cables from them. ACCC conductors as RCA cables!

but aluminum isn't a good conductor, they just use it because it's light enough to hang around!

Jan 1, 2015 at 3:19 PM Post #141,396 of 177,750
I have the same preferences, but I have to admit I like Onee-san types and older women too. Which is why Bishop and Lilith gamed appeal to me. But I also love softhouse seal and Yuzusoft...

...I have a really really wide strikezone.

Good for you man.... sometimes it's hard for me to find good .... um.... you know.

Which Bishop and Lilith btw?

Jan 1, 2015 at 3:29 PM Post #141,398 of 177,750

nah that is not true, crap in crap out, the better headphone you got the more crap you hear :wink:
the amplifying stage will enlarge all the flaws so interconnect is important

having the fact that quite some cans are not efficient sometimes it is a trap to ''upgrade'' if you don't have the money for a good amp huehue. And cheapos earphone isn't bad sometimes, it all depends on how the choice is made

Lol I know that much but the problem kicks in when you use a $200 amp to try and "fix" a $50 headphone. You need stuff that match each other's grade if you know what I mean. As for cables? I'm still not a believer. If the job is to pass ons and offs your end result should be the same regardless.

Jan 1, 2015 at 3:39 PM Post #141,399 of 177,750
I am more inclined into getting overhead powerlines and trying to make cables from them. ACCC conductors as RCA cables!

but aluminum isn't a good conductor, they just use it because it's light enough to hang around!

That isn't the point, the size of the conductor offset that already. :p

Jan 1, 2015 at 3:40 PM Post #141,400 of 177,750
Good for you man.... sometimes it's hard for me to find good .... um.... you know.

Which Bishop and Lilith btw?

Basically most of the Bishop games, schools, teachers/students, etc etc. Except the one about trains, that got annoying after while. If I wanted a Chikan game I'd have gotten Kaguya Atelier's Saishuu Chikan Densha series. Favorites would be Sansha Mendan and Ura Kyoushi, I guess?

As for Lilith, mostly their one-off except for the Kangoku Senkan series. Not really into the demon-hunter franchise.

Disclaimer: to anyone reading, do not Google unless you really want to know what these are about. I hold no responsibility over your own actions.

Jan 1, 2015 at 3:42 PM Post #141,401 of 177,750
  Oooooohhhhh shots fired!
Everything you believe is a lie!
Repent, deluded masses!

http://numeralnine.wordpress.com/2013/10/09/a-brief-guide-to-audio-for-the-skeptical-consumer/

That's a nice read during half of my trip back to home.

Welp, at least I buy aftermarket cables only for the look :D
But hey, do I still need a desktop amp now?

Jan 1, 2015 at 3:52 PM Post #141,402 of 177,750
the fun thing about cables, most claim silver transfer better than copper while neglecting THICKER cables will just work

There are always three ways around something. Usually cheaper and simpler than the first.

It's called Iona (pronounced イオナ).

Just out of curiosity though, where'd you get yours?

I had it for a few weeks on the loaner tour.
It really needs some solid engineering improvements structurally IMO. But was N interesting experience. It had a large effect on soundstage and imaging.

I don't get why people would rather spend money on upgrading their cables and DACs when they can upgrade the heart of their rig(headphones) but I guess placebos work well for some people.

I can see the appeal, but it's really for preference in my kind, nothing to do with objectively "better".

It's an experience I recently had with the Somic MH412.

Fun times =)
Soundstage was skewed towards height and depth. And I reaaaally mean "skewed".

Jan 1, 2015 at 4:05 PM Post #141,403 of 177,750
Basically most of the Bishop games, schools, teachers/students, etc etc. Except the one about trains, that got annoying after while. If I wanted a Chikan game I'd have gotten Kaguya Atelier's Saishuu Chikan Densha series. Favorites would be Sansha Mendan and Ura Kyoushi, I guess?

As for Lilith, mostly their one-off except for the Kangoku Senkan series. Not really into the demon-hunter franchise.

Disclaimer: to anyone reading, do not Google unless you really want to know what these are about. I hold no responsibility over your own actions.

Ahh~ I thought they were character names! :p

Jan 1, 2015 at 4:12 PM Post #141,404 of 177,750
I can see the appeal, but it's really for preference in my kind, nothing to do with objectively "better".

Well as a student with a tight budget everything outside of the necessities to support my expensive hobby look like a moneygrab unless they make a significant objective difference of any sort. Ok well joking aside, I just haven't seen the difference aftermarket cables make aside from build quality.

Also my hearing's more or less back so I'll write a bit of my impressions on the 1+ a lil later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back