「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jan 1, 2015 at 2:42 PM Post #141,376 of 177,750
  the name akiroz makes me think of the Phillipines president

LOL how's "akiroz" similar to Benigno Aquino?

Oooooohhhhh shots fired!
Everything you believe is a lie!
Repent, deluded masses!

http://numeralnine.wordpress.com/2013/10/09/a-brief-guide-to-audio-for-the-skeptical-consumer/

This is why I can never have nice hi-fi toys.... the only things that I could really appreciate now are headphones and speakers.
I kinda regret getting into hi-fi now as I could've done so much more with all that money.

Jan 1, 2015 at 2:43 PM Post #141,377 of 177,750
Jan 1, 2015 at 2:44 PM Post #141,378 of 177,750
  LOL how's "akiroz" similar to Benigno Aquino?

This is why I can never have nice hi-fi toys.... the only things that I could really appreciate now are headphones and speakers.
I kinda regret getting into hi-fi now as I could've done so much more with all that money.

A  qui  no
A  ki    roz

90% match

Jan 1, 2015 at 2:47 PM Post #141,380 of 177,750
I like my IET membership.

Jan 1, 2015 at 2:54 PM Post #141,383 of 177,750
Jan 1, 2015 at 3:00 PM Post #141,384 of 177,750
  Oooooohhhhh shots fired!
Everything you believe is a lie!
Repent, deluded masses!

http://numeralnine.wordpress.com/2013/10/09/a-brief-guide-to-audio-for-the-skeptical-consumer/

I've tried a few cables, with substantially little to no difference in sound. I've Tried the FiiO e10 which sounded pretty darn the same as the iPhone 4, and everything else I've heard sounds a little bit different than everything else. The only thing I've heard that made anything sound substantially different was the Palaios wooden amp. 

I wouldn't say with much if any certainty about many of these things sounding "better" than the others though.

Jan 1, 2015 at 3:04 PM Post #141,386 of 177,750

I've tried a few cables, with substantially little to no difference in sound. I've Tried the FiiO e10 which sounded pretty darn the same as the iPhone 4, and everything else I've heard sounds a little bit different than everything else. The only thing I've heard that made anything sound substantially different was the Palaios wooden amp. 

I wouldn't say with much if any certainty about many of these things sounding "better" than the others though.

the fun thing about cables, most claim silver transfer better than copper while neglecting THICKER cables will just work

Jan 1, 2015 at 3:05 PM Post #141,387 of 177,750

I've tried a few cables, with substantially little to no difference in sound. I've Tried the FiiO e10 which sounded pretty darn the same as the iPhone 4, and everything else I've heard sounds a little bit different than everything else. The only thing I've heard that made anything sound substantially different was the Palaios wooden amp

It's called Iona (pronounced イオナ).

Just out of curiosity though, where'd you get yours?

Jan 1, 2015 at 3:08 PM Post #141,388 of 177,750
Wow, IKEA has upgraded since the last time I visited many years ago. Caster wheels installed on all 4-sides of the carts and overhead light-illuminated pathway arrows. Fancy!

You haven't been to an IKEA in a long time, have you?
A new one opened in my hometown in 2014 and so far I've been there at least like twenty times.

I stopped caring about fancy DACs, amps, cables etc before I even really got into them.
If you want to have better sound, don't buy borderline snakeoil-ish equipment. Just buy a better headphone/IEM/speaker.

Jan 1, 2015 at 3:08 PM Post #141,389 of 177,750

I don't get why people would rather spend money on upgrading their cables and DACs when they can upgrade the heart of their rig(headphones) but I guess placebos work well for some people.

Jan 1, 2015 at 3:09 PM Post #141,390 of 177,750

the fun thing about cables, most claim silver transfer better than copper while neglecting THICKER cables will just work

I am more inclined into getting overhead powerlines and trying to make cables from them. ACCC conductors as RCA cables!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back