「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Dec 29, 2014 at 7:54 PM Post #140,866 of 177,745
I thought the new Shibayan album was pretty good, I'm not as impressed necessarily with the new Alstroemeria album yet but I just think I need to listen to both of them some more. 

Dec 29, 2014 at 7:57 PM Post #140,867 of 177,745
Saw this car the other week, pretty great.

2000 !

Funny I just finished watching Idolm@ster this past weekend. Went in a Takane fan, left a Haruka fan. She won over my icy cold heart
wink.gif

Dec 29, 2014 at 8:19 PM Post #140,868 of 177,745
  The vanity plate is a nice touch.

I personally didn't notice the plate myself until the friend I was with pointed it out lol.

I thought the new Shibayan album was pretty good, I'm not as impressed necessarily with the new Alstroemeria album yet but I just think I need to listen to both of them some more. 

After giving both a listen I really like the new Alstormeria, the new Shibiyan is alright personally.

2000 !

Funny I just finished watching Idolm@ster this past weekend. Went in a Takane fan, left a Haruka fan. She won over my icy cold heart
wink.gif

Everybody loves the im@s 
biggrin.gif

Or at least they should~

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Dec 29, 2014 at 8:24 PM Post #140,869 of 177,745
  Everybody loves the im@s 
biggrin.gif

Or at least they should~

I think I could like them....if they would stop making horrible music and quit the whole idol thing ♥

Dec 29, 2014 at 8:28 PM Post #140,870 of 177,745
Wow, I am extremely happy there's a thread like this here on Head-Fi. I think I'm going to like it here!

Just a real quick bio of me: I love anime, manga, Touhou, and of course music (progressive death metal, melodic death metal, J-Pop, and K-Pop). While it's not a genre, I also really love Vocaloid. 

On to anime:

- In the season that just ended, I was really disappointed with Amagi. It was okay, but did not live up to my expectations. Enjoyable enough, but I guess I thought KyoAni was going to take the show in a different direction.

- Loving Shigatsu. I am a sucker for emotional drama and music. My only problem is 
[size=1em]all the death flags coming up. Kind of scared to keep watching. I don't want any deaths :frowning2:[/size]

- Shirobako is very interesting. I really enjoy learning about how anime is made and about how hectic it can be. 

- Really need to catch up with F/SN. I was waiting for UTW to release more, but that doesn't look like it's happening anytime soon. Might have to cave and find a different sub group. 

- Twintails was tons of fun. Tons of QUALITY, but very fun. Commie's maymay subs made it even more hilarious. I don't usually like Commie, but they did not take the show seriously, much like Twintails itself did, and I think their silly subs are appropriate for such a silly show. "I'll turn you into a Denny's meal!" 

For next season, I'm going to be watching:
- Junketsu no Maria
- KanColle
- Koufuku Graffiti
- Rolling Girls
- Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata
- Cinderella Girls
- Yuri Kuma Arashi
- And of course: Tsukimonogatari (Just a few more days!!)

I may pick up another show or two if I hear it's good.

My backlog is enormous, but I think my next show is either going to be Sora no Woto, Kiniro Mosaic, Texhnolyze, NGNL (whenever CoalGirls gets the last volume finished), or Baccano, depending on the mood I'm in.

I'll be lurking and posting here from now on. I can't post links yet, but my MyAnimeList profile name is "MostlyHarmless". Add me or just look me up and judge me if you want. Looking forward to some interesting discussions!

Dec 29, 2014 at 8:39 PM Post #140,873 of 177,745
  Love the Yuuna Avatar :D It's so happy!

Thanks! Been working on finishing Yuuki Yuuna too. I'm going slow. I can usually blow through a 1 cour show in one sitting, but my friend hyped it up so much, I don't want to rush into it and have it fail to meet my expectations. So far so good!

Dec 29, 2014 at 8:42 PM Post #140,874 of 177,745
  Touhou

progressive death metal, melodic death metal, J-Pop, and K-Pop

Twintails

KanColle

Cinderella Girls

Tsukimonogatari

Good tastes, we are going to get along.

UTW is also stalled at TLC with FS/N so probably going to get anything fate from them for a while. They will be doing Cinderella Girls next seasons though. Also horrible or commie worked fine for UBW.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Dec 29, 2014 at 8:50 PM Post #140,875 of 177,745
  Wow, I am extremely happy there's a thread like this here on Head-Fi. I think I'm going to like it here!

progressive death metal

- Cinderella Girls

My backlog is enormous, but I think my next show is going Baccano.

I'll be lurking and posting here from now on. I can't post links yet, but my MyAnimeList profile name is "MostlyHarmless".

Hi.

For example?

You misspelled Durarararara.

Fixed that for you.

Both Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka? and Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu in your Top 5.
You are a pretty wild person.

Dec 29, 2014 at 9:03 PM Post #140,876 of 177,745
  Good tastes, we are going to get along.

UTW is also stalled at TLC with FS/N so probably going to get anything fate from them for a while. They will be doing Cinderella Girls next seasons though. Also horrible or commie worked fine for UBW.

Thanks, I hope so. I might switch to Horrible for F/SN. Would it be worth it to wait for the BDs? If not I'll download Horrible tonight or tomorrow. 

Hi.

For example?

You misspelled Durarararara.

Fixed that for you.

Both Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka? and Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu in your Top 5.
You are a pretty wild person.

I forgot about Durarara Season 2 next season! Definitely going to watch that too. For GochiUsa, I loved how chill and relaxing it was. I've watched funnier and cuter shows, but I think I had a smile on my face for the entirety of GochiUsa. Every day I'd make some coffee and watch one or two episodes. The mood set by that show was fantastic. 

Legend of the Galactic Heroes is like the complete opposite, but man, I still loved it. The grand strategies and crazy battle tactics just floored me. The world building was also stellar. I heard if I want more ridiculous military strategy, I should watch Mobile Suit Gundam, since Char is a complete badass. I definitely want to watch more space operas.

Dec 29, 2014 at 9:34 PM Post #140,877 of 177,745

Thanks, I hope so. I might switch to Horrible for F/SN. Would it be worth it to wait for the BDs? If not I'll download Horrible tonight or tomorrow. 

I forgot about Durarara Season 2 next season! Definitely going to watch that too. For GochiUsa, I loved how chill and relaxing it was. I've watched funnier and cuter shows, but I think I had a smile on my face for the entirety of GochiUsa. Every day I'd make some coffee and watch one or two episodes. The mood set by that show was fantastic. 

Legend of the Galactic Heroes is like the complete opposite, but man, I still loved it. The grand strategies and crazy battle tactics just floored me. The world building was also stellar. I heard if I want more ridiculous military strategy, I should watch Mobile Suit Gundam, since Char is a complete badass. I definitely want to watch more space operas.

You'll be fine either way to watch it now as it is already real pretty. I watched it with mostly horrible but I was pretty impatient about watching it.

Dec 29, 2014 at 9:38 PM Post #140,878 of 177,745
2000 !

Funny I just finished watching Idolm@ster this past weekend. Went in a Takane fan, left a Haruka fan. She won over my icy cold heart :wink:

Yeah, Haruka is pretty lovable. That episode of her struggles with the group makes me see her in a much better light.

Yayoi still best girl though. :wink:

On to anime:

- Loving Shigatsu.

-Shirobako

- Really need to catch up with F/SN. I was waiting for UTW to release more, but that doesn't look like it's happening anytime soon. Might have to cave and find a different sub group. 

My backlog is enormous, Kiniro Mosaic, NGNL, Baccano,

Welcome.

Good choice in anime. Might want to consider Bahamut too. Ending was a little rushed but it's still pretty solid, also Nanatsu if you're into Shonen

All 3 are great. For different reasons.

Dec 29, 2014 at 9:42 PM Post #140,879 of 177,745
Hey, anime discussion magic hour went pretty well. Niceu! Glad to see people discussing animu....rather than ....well...all the alochol they are consuming 
wink.gif
 not that that is bad...of course. 
ksc75smile.gif

Quote:
Me too. It's a good series as it doesn't over sexualize the girls even though it hints at a harem and the interactions between the characters are pretty likable, especially Kuroneko and Kirino's friendship/rivalry.
That's me too. Didn't get to play the games so this might be the next best thing. Considering the Anime for Fruit was a decent representation of the VN, I might pick them up later if the story interests me.

We're including short animes too? Then I'll add Puchimas, Danna ga Nani wo Itteiru ka Wakaranai Ken, Tekyuu and Morita-san to the list . Ai Mai Mi is pretty nutty.

Yeah, OREIMO 4 LYYYFEEEE.

Well iono, I just watch random anime. I don't even know how I ended up watching Kiss x Sis in the first place; probably from YouTube. Maybe I'll read the manga for the luls when I get the time. I seldom read manga though. I've read even less manga than my skimpy amount of anime. I don't even have any manga listed on MAL. I've only really read through that one sex slave/rape one you talked about earlier whose name I forgot, and a little of DearS.

The reactions for Boku no Pico are funny to watch. XD
I honestly don't understand the hate for it though. Just cuz it's gay I guess....were the boys swapped out for girls, I'm sure the reactions wouldn't be like this. Girl/girl hentai, old man/10 year old girl hentai, lolicon, and yaoi are all okay-ish it seems in the otaku community, but shotacon isn't.

Yeah Usagi main ship and the other Sailor Scouts too.
http://www.wikimoon.org/index.php?title=Homosexuality_in_Sailor_Moon

I've never attempted to make plain onigiri since it's not exactly something I'd eat just plain. Tempura or salmon onigiri is pretty good though.
@tilpo
I just saw this right now when looking up to see if there was a more formal name for tempura nigiri. It might be worth looking through, particularly Owariya.
http://kyotofoodie.com/tag/tempura/
http://kyotofoodie.com/owariya-540-year-old-soba-restaurant/

I went to Fry's Electronics today to see if they had any mechanical keyboards to demo. There was one keyboard with Cherry MX Black switches and I really liked the feel of those compared to the Corsair Vengeance K90's MX Reds. I can foresee myself having less typos with MX Black switches than Red due to the higher actuation force. It just felt better to me. I don't know if o-rings were installed on it, but it was insanely quiet compared to the K90 keyboard. It might have been the housing too since it was very low-profile.

I don't think this video is very accurate:

Wouldn't the keyboard enclosure's design impact a lot of how the keyboard sounds? A thick keyboard that's hollow is going to sound much louder than a thin keyboard that's pretty much solid, no?

No real reason to read the manga unless you like the series. It took them 3-4 years to get the plot going (although chapter releases are like monthly)

YOU AND YOUR LOGIX FOR Boku no Pico! Hereasy Micey! Take dem gurl genes and throw em out.

Usagi main ship? HMS Usagi has set sail for you then. 

1: probably a few ecchi series, stuff like Oreimo, and Sora no Otoshimono where I know they're garbage shows but I enjoy them a lot.

2: well I don't always re-watch shows but I'd say the only ones I've rewatched have been steins gate and some key anime (Angel beats, clannad, little busters refrain). Other than that, I don't re-watch much. I do wanna re-watch gits and cowboy bebop though at some point in the future.

ahh, forgot Sora no Oto. Yeah, that is a good series too. However there is a pretty good backing plot and emotional hold that the series is able to maintain. The comic relief chapters....are pretty good, especially with mini-tamaki and the dumb angel.

Clannad is a good show to rewatch....i've just never done it. ...i should soon. 
  Goes without saying.

Hmmm Ghost Hunt, Chuunibyou, Tamako Market and Gugure! Kokkuri-san.

The only show I ever rewatched was Hyouka. And I would rewatch it again and again and again. Okay also Psycho-Pass if you count the extended version as a rewatch.
I might also go through SZS again in the near future.
I'm really not much of a rewatch/re-read person. There is not a single book that I read twice.

+1
I'm not really into Shred Metal.

Ahh that is right. I forgot you were a fan of Chu2. Yeah, that is an unusual show for you to like but glad you do. 

Hyouka has some nice gifs. Oh, the MC won best anime male character of al of /r/anime 

His pretending to give a schiit gif was made today

I was being sarcastic.
I have no clue how anyone can justify purchasing a $200+ keyboard that does not have any awesome features besides being mechanic. You can get a mechanic one for under $100. Are the $200 one twice as mechanic? I don't get it and I'm not sure if i want to get it.
But I guess it's the same thing with any other enthusiast hobby. Diminishing returns hit super hard.

I personally have no clue either but like anything to do with enthusiasts...there are going to be those out there

Considering this is an elite field already. I don't think it is a far out idea for there to be even greater enthusiasts on the topic. 

Q1: Duno. There do exist some shows that I simply couldn't stand watching for various reasons (examples like Jojo, Queens Blade, Kiss x sis, etc), but I have no way to know if I will love it :/

Q2: My most rewatched ones are clearly Lucky Star, Minami-ke, and Ichigo Mashimaro, due to their light nature. Then perhaps some early batches "permanent resident" on my local drives like Shigofumi, ARIA, Full Metal Panic, Shana.
I actually used to randomly rewatch whole serieses back when I had much more free time orz
Btw Clannad has always been on my local drives all the years but I have only rewatched it once, too heavy to take.

Know the name, have a few albums in my playlist, but have no particular love/hate impression =_=

+1
Choosing switches has never been a problem to me, as I love black XD

But it was me! Panda! All along!

I've never seen ANY of those 'rewatch' list shows....lol

HOLY SCHIIT

This thing I see in Chinese stores all the time is an actual show? What!

I've never rewatched it...yeah, it's too heavy. 

BLUE MASTER RACE. GTFO with every other switch. 

Holy sh.it.

That was too cool..
Re: the sketch

@Exesteils thanks! I don't think I could do it justice, but I'll throw up another one I started coloring and liked where it was so much that I just stopped like 1/5th of the way in.

@bowei006 image? I tried google images but could only see a very slight resemblance to shin sekai yori images with the main differences being the eyes and generally elongated faces, I had found. But that show has been on my watchlist for forever and I keep forgetting about it.

IDK, I think it's the style that made it seem very resembly to SSY

Yeah...like TYG said.....watch it. It's a bit slow at first (like Steins Gate) but oh dayum. If SSY isn't one of the most defining shows of this anime generation. It isn't perfect. But the themes of the show and its performance are something that you would expect from brilliant anime in the 80s. It's some serious shizz.

The budget for the show was quite mediocre as they knew it wouldn't sell well (it didn't), but with what they had, they did quite well for it. 

They wanted to make a legit substantial anime of this generation just once
and god ***** those mofos did it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A-1_Pictures

A-1 Pictures has effectively redeemed themselves this generation for their contribution.

Look at that list of stuff they made. 95% of that list is ecchi or fan service shows. However a few standouts include SSY, Your Lie in April, Aldnoah Zero (for animation fidelity), and a decent adaption of Valkyria Chronicles. 

With just SSY and Your Lie in April...they've effectively shown that they knew what schiit is.....and make it to make money

Bless you A-1 a**holes. You've redeemed yourselves for the next 10 years with those two series. 
Two posts to go.....

I was looking at that MAL graph site yesterday, says I watched 227 episodes of anime the past 3 weeks. That's 11 per day.... not sure how that works when I avg 3-4 most of the time, but whatever.

Installed my dishwasher yesterday too, took a lot longer than I expected and it mutilated my arm, all that stamped steel on the bottom + slidding your arm in a small gap to adjust the feet/level it. I showed 3 people and they all asked if I was a cutter D:

CONGRATS man!

2,000 lyfe!

Nice dishwasher!

Wait..I forgot. ...you were the one that received the dishwasher as a Christmas present right?

Just a real quick bio of me: I love anime, manga, Touhou, and of course music (progressive death metal, melodic death metal, J-Pop, and K-Pop). While it's not a genre, I also really love Vocaloid. 

On to anime:

- In the season that just ended, I was really disappointed with Amagi. It was okay, but did not live up to my expectations. Enjoyable enough, but I guess I thought KyoAni was going to take the show in a different direction.

- Loving Shigatsu. I am a sucker for emotional drama and music. My only problem is 
[size=1em]all the death flags coming up. Kind of scared to keep watching. I don't want any deaths :frowning2:[/size]

- Shirobako is very interesting. I really enjoy learning about how anime is made and about how hectic it can be. 

- Twintails was tons of fun. Tons of QUALITY, but very fun. Commie's maymay subs made it even more hilarious. I don't usually like Commie, but they did not take the show seriously, much like Twintails itself did, and I think their silly subs are appropriate for such a silly show. "I'll turn you into a Denny's meal!" 

- Junketsu no Maria
- KanColle
- Koufuku Graffiti
- Rolling Girls
- Cinderella Girls
- Yuri Kuma Arashi

My backlog is enormous, but I think my next show is either going to be Sora no Woto, Kiniro Mosaic, Texhnolyze, NGNL (whenever CoalGirls gets the last volume finished), or Baccano, depending on the mood I'm in.

I'll be lurking and posting here from now on. I can't post links yet, but my MyAnimeList profile name is "MostlyHarmless". Add me or just look me up and judge me if you want. Looking forward to some interesting discussions!

Welcome to our humble thread...ok...we aren't that humble. We like to brag about 'best girl' all the time (noteing that all of us are normal people and the best girl thing is, as always, a running joke)

"I love anime, manga" - why dayum. So do all of us! What a coincidence! Welcome aboooaaard the hype train.

I wasn't disapointd in Amagi because my expectations were exactly what the series gave us. I had expectations for something more when they just announced it. But after the first episode I moved it aside and just enjoyed the ride. The entier season was just an enjoyable ride to watch rather than anything substantial...and that is OK. The ending was an asspull, but hey, it was a nice asspull way of going out.

Yeah..most of us in this thread LOVE Shigatsu as well. I didn't start watching until episode 6 had already aired. Oh dayumm. This may just be one of the best romances of the year. If it goes well, it may be remembered as one of the best of our generation. Sakamichi no Apollon failed to fill those shoes as a romance-music anime and Nodame Cantible is dong well for itself. But gosh darnit. This is one amazing show.

You know why Kaori is tired all the time? It's not the violin she lugs around it's all the
DEATTTH FLAGS she has sticking out of her back
But that last episode.... WAS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FRICKING GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD. Holy schiit. No Asspulls that I was half expecting. Nope....holy schiit did I almost fall out of the chair when they went with the good route

Also... I had the series on an 8 meter before that episode....it went straight to a 10 after. Why? Well before that episode. I found it weird that the anime spent SO MUCH time on other characters. But after the recent episode explained why. Holy schiit did I shoot my hands up like an Olympic victory. YES. This is HOW you do comming of age themes!

Your next season list is very similar to a lot of ours lol. 

Dec 29, 2014 at 9:51 PM Post #140,880 of 177,745
  I'm going to have to listen to earpods for probably 1-2months :frowning2:

Sending my FitEar for repairs... sadface

Ouch.
Still keeping ie800 in case anything happen to my UERM, hope I'll never need it though >.<

L56Qexc.jpg

LOL such exclusiveness

Everybody loves the im@s 
biggrin.gif

Or at least they should~

+1

I think I could like them....if they would stop making horrible music and quit the whole idol thing ♥

I think im@s music are fine, some are quite good actually.

On to anime:

- Junketsu no Maria
- KanColle
- Koufuku Graffiti
- Rolling Girls
- Cinderella Girls
- Yuri Kuma Arashi

Yuuna chan~~~

I like Sora no Woto btw :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back