「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jan 18, 2014 at 11:30 PM Post #101,926 of 177,745
  Having a budget is always a plus.

I guess I'll start watching Spice&Wolf tomorrow. Meant to do that for a while now. Really sounds like something I would enjoy!

Absolutely fantastic anime

Yes it is. I actually have the below correction genga (used to create the cells in the animation process) of Holo framed on my wall. You can see the scene it's in, below that.

Jan 18, 2014 at 11:32 PM Post #101,928 of 177,745
  Hello there i am New, big anime fan, names Chirs, Hellsing Ultimate, Shingeki no Kyojin, Stiens Gate, Dgray Man, and Soul Eater are my faves *nods

Welcome! It's always good to see more anime fans on Head-fi.
beerchug.gif

Jan 18, 2014 at 11:33 PM Post #101,929 of 177,745

Yes it is. I actually have the below correction genga (used to create the cells in the animation process) of Holo framed on my wall. You can see the scene it's in, below that.

So, was it an official purchase of one of the genga they used? Or is it not an official one?

I love death note as well also a fave but thought i shouldnt make a huge list haha

could never get into code though or some reason

NeveR? Y U NO?

Jan 18, 2014 at 11:45 PM Post #101,930 of 177,745
  So, was it an official purchase of one of the genga they used? Or is it not an official one?

This is a hand-drawn frame in colored pencil. In the process, the artists draw up the genga, then like a lead animator makes the corrections as seen above. Ah I'll just paste info from a web site I had seen:

"Once the storyboards are finalized, cuts are divided up among the key animators who create roughs, layouts and eventually genga and key frames. From there, the specification supervisor will do another set of drawings to touch up the genga work and make sure everything is on model. These sheets are then sent out to the 'tweeners who create douga for each frame. Meanwhile, the background specs are sent off to a different person or perhaps a different production house in order to have the backgrounds created. I think in general these separate people also need the douga in order to make sure the backgrounds they created will align themselves properly. The douga is used to photocopy black lines onto acetate. From there, cel painters splotch single colors on at a time according to speculation. When all of this is finished and dried, the cels are sent back to be checked and filmed. Sometimes things are not adequately checked or even adequately dried before filming."

Jan 18, 2014 at 11:46 PM Post #101,931 of 177,745
  I love death note as well also a fave but thought i shouldnt make a huge list haha

could never get into code though or some reason

Welcome! :)

Do you have a Myanimelist profile?

@UnityIsPower your posts are brilliant! http://www.head-fi.org/t/664613/review-aurisonics-asg-2-plus-comparisons-added-noble-audio-6/1005#post_9564359

Quote:
 Please acquirer a coin from the waifu, any coin will do(must be American).

Jan 19, 2014 at 12:08 AM Post #101,934 of 177,745

@UnityIsPower your posts are brilliant! http://www.head-fi.org/t/664613/review-aurisonics-asg-2-plus-comparisons-added-noble-audio-6/1005#post_9564359

ive never bothered to make one no, but i probably should would make finding new ones easier

Yeah, it's a good idea to make one so you can keep track of how much of your life you've wasted on anime. :wink:

Jan 19, 2014 at 12:10 AM Post #101,935 of 177,745
  Yeah, it's a good idea to make one so you can keep track of how much of your life you've wasted on anime. :wink:

Indeed, I would be lost without it. It's best to start early, if you don't you forget all of the old stuff you watched like I did.

Jan 19, 2014 at 12:11 AM Post #101,936 of 177,745

Indeed, I would be lost without it. It's best to start early, if you don't you forget all of the old stuff you watched like I did.

Haha, yup. I started with an animeplanet account (and later transitioned over to MAL) fairly early on, so pretty much everything I've watched has been documented.

Only a few shows away from having watched more than I plan to watch! ^-^

Jan 19, 2014 at 12:14 AM Post #101,937 of 177,745

ive never bothered to make one no, but i probably should would make finding new ones easier

I have one, but I never update it. :D

Jan 19, 2014 at 12:15 AM Post #101,939 of 177,745

This is a hand-drawn frame in colored pencil. In the process, the artists draw up the genga, then like a lead animator makes the corrections as seen above. Ah I'll just paste info from a web site I had seen:

"Once the storyboards are finalized, cuts are divided up among the key animators who create roughs, layouts and eventually genga and key frames. From there, the specification supervisor will do another set of drawings to touch up the genga work and make sure everything is on model. These sheets are then sent out to the 'tweeners who create douga for each frame. Meanwhile, the background specs are sent off to a different person or perhaps a different production house in order to have the backgrounds created. I think in general these separate people also need the douga in order to make sure the backgrounds they created will align themselves properly. The douga is used to photocopy black lines onto acetate. From there, cel painters splotch single colors on at a time according to speculation. When all of this is finished and dried, the cels are sent back to be checked and filmed. Sometimes things are not adequately checked or even adequately dried before filming."

Ahh, thats what I meant. I was asking if it was the real hand drawn frame that they actuallly used and that you got a hold of. Or ....something you printed out yourself.

I remember that one! I loved that show! Invader Zim I believe it was :D

I dunno ive tried like 5 times i get to like ep 9 and then it loses me ive tried so hard for it
 ty very much :D

That is blasphemous!

Jan 19, 2014 at 12:15 AM Post #101,940 of 177,745
  Haha, yup. I started with an animeplanet account (and later transitioned over to MAL) fairly early on, so pretty much everything I've watched has been documented.

Only a few shows away from having watched more than I plan to watch! ^-^

You can plan these things!? Man have I been doing it wrong o_o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back