「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jan 18, 2014 at 6:10 PM Post #101,896 of 177,750
Read most of the past 300 posts. Not much to quote really.

Got exams coming up. I should be studying, but meh.
That's odd. In my grading system anything higher than or equal to 78% corresponds to an A.
It's also about your own standards. If you're used to getting straight A's for example, you'll get disappointed with a B. I personally don't care that much about what grades I get, since I know my grades are good enough and I care mostly about the knowledge/skills I get from a class, and not the grade. However since I do tend to get good grades (8-8.5 / 10's or higher), whenever I get something below an 8 I feel extremely disappointed. In fact, even when I get an 8 for something I felt went really well I feel disappointment.

If I would always get bare minimum passes I would feel disappointed with a failure but be satisfied with any passing grade.

It really is all about your own standards. Parents can of course influence those standards by having high expectations of their children, but you don't necessarily need to have parents with high expectations to have the drive to get good grades.
I personally got it mainly out of my own interest in the subjects I'm studying. I take subjects because they're interesting, not because I am forced to at all. But because I find it so interesting, I immediately have the motivation to study hard. And it's exactly that motivation, coupled with past experiences, that causes my personal expectations. Any deviation from those expectations is bound to trigger an emotional reaction. (of course, if I get a 9.5 or 10 for a subject I'm extremely thrilled, not that it happens often at all).

I think you are very lucky.

Personally I never interested in most things including knowledge or skills, all seemed so meaningless to me. Yeah I am one of those who live without having real target in life orz.. And at least around places I live, I don't see too many people enjoy gaining knowledge anyway.

Things I consider when I was student was like:
- Considering the lecturer quality, examinable contents, my current understanding on the subject, how much effort would be required if I want to get A or good points in this subject?
- Worth it?
The "actual thing" of the subject was almost never my interest.

I do agree that getting a B can be sad when one is used to get A's orz..

X6vkqW4.jpg

This is a GJ translation...

Jan 18, 2014 at 6:32 PM Post #101,899 of 177,750
But what is an optical trackpad?

The shiny black dot in between the letters G and H and above the letter B as shown here:
sony-vaio-duo-11-review-21-450x247.jpg

It's a real pain to use with everything. I also lost this active graphics stylus and I don't want to fork out $100 to get another one from Japan. Now I'm stuck with the inaccuracy of the 11.6" 1080p touchscreen. Windows does not look good in Full HD on an 11.6" display.
302534-sony-vaio-duo-11-pen.jpg

Jan 18, 2014 at 6:45 PM Post #101,900 of 177,750
Ugh, stupid asus phone support... At least they were honest and said they didn't have a solution to all the problems I've been having with my tablet, and to call back in a few days and they would let me know if they came up with anything. I did find it quite funny that the representative told me at least three times to have a happy and prosperous new year... ?.?

Jan 18, 2014 at 7:28 PM Post #101,904 of 177,750
  I see you've made it 

I totally knew that he was going to die. Called it right at the beginning of the anime.
But still.... :'(

Jan 18, 2014 at 8:28 PM Post #101,906 of 177,750
Aaaaand finished Fate/Zero (both seasons).

-I think Saber was boring. Too boring for all the screentime and attention she got.
-The music was a bit boring too. Very generic.
-The story itself and the overall promise were rather meh because the main focus was clearly on the characters motivations and backstories. I did expect a bit more.

But besides these few minor issues it was pretty much a benchmark in any regard.

Oh and I did not quiet get what happened with the grail in the end...but that's just me being a little bit dumb :3

Jan 18, 2014 at 8:36 PM Post #101,907 of 177,750
Oh and I did not quiet get what happened with the grail in the end...but that's just me being a little bit dumb :3

F/Z assumes that you've played F/SN, it's explained near the end of the game.

Jan 18, 2014 at 8:44 PM Post #101,908 of 177,750
  F/Z assumes that you've played F/SN, it's explained near the end of the game.

What?

The whole bloodsplosion that destroys everything, revives priest dude and incarnates Gilgamesh is explained at the end of the F/SN game?!

Jan 18, 2014 at 8:51 PM Post #101,909 of 177,750
  Aaaaand finished Fate/Zero (both seasons).

-I think Saber was boring. Too boring for all the screentime and attention she got.
-The music was a bit boring too. Very generic.
-The story itself and the overall promise were rather meh because the main focus was clearly on the characters motivations and backstories. I did expect a bit more.

But besides these few minor issues it was pretty much a benchmark in any regard.

It seems like your criticisms make it sound like you would give it an 8 or something

but a 10? dayum

Jan 18, 2014 at 8:52 PM Post #101,910 of 177,750
  What?

The whole bloodsplosion that destroys everything, revives priest dude and incarnates Gilgamesh is explained at the end of the F/SN game?!

Yep, pretty much~
tongue.gif

That's why I hoping the new anime would adapt all that stuff...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back