「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Nov 27, 2014 at 2:28 AM Post #137,837 of 177,744
  I'm always absolutely in love with Spice and Wolf when I watch it. 

I loved it when I first saw it nearly half a decade ago and now.

It has an ingenuous way of going about it's romance and relationships. It's almost criminal how good they are at it.

Other anime (including well known Seinens) go about it towards a climax of people having feelings for each other.

Spice and Wolf pretty much bypasses it and goes straight into the couple like bickering, the weird rituals they do around each other, and best of all, the life like awkardess and 'personal' at their own pace type of thing that happens. It's almost weirdly intruding of me to be watching it at times due to how it plays out. 

I like the music work from the series dayum much 
beerchug.gif

Japanese are very good at this taboo love thing... and fantasy settings....

The fun thing about S&W is the trading stuff, the story is actually quite well planned....
ending is quite sad tho : <

Spinning some cds ..... track 3 = nyanyanyanyanyanyanya 
L3000.gif

Nov 27, 2014 at 2:51 AM Post #137,838 of 177,744
Um....... First time in the Anime thread.......

Welcome!
I don't post here too often, it's usually at the most random yet semi-predictable time when I post.
{Also, you will rarely see a post of mine that I don't edit at least once after posting it}

Do Vocaloids count as an anime subject?

check random previous pages. Literally anything counts as an anime subject in this thread.

Also:

I'm never gonna fix it

Never seen that one before... kawaii~
{dammit can't find a good Rena Ryuugu "Take you home" image... :'( }

False. Chaika Chaika is best Chaika

First Chaika best Chaika.

Nov 27, 2014 at 3:05 AM Post #137,839 of 177,744

I like the music work from the series dayum much 
beerchug.gif

Japanese are very good at this taboo love thing... and fantasy settings....

The fun thing about S&W is the trading stuff, the story is actually quite well planned....
ending is quite sad tho : <

Spinning some cds ..... track 3 = nyanyanyanyanyanyanya 
L3000.gif

Yeah, all the economics and trading in Spice and Wolf is fun. But I really really like the relationship between Holo and Lawrence

S&W is generally taken to be different here in 'Murica. S&W is generally implied to be the key shortcut name of Smith and Wesson, a major gun and military equipment manufacturer in the world.

Just finished rewatch of Season 1 in one day :)
Yes, rocking out to some highly compressed J-rock rocks!

I love really forgiving headphones sometimes. XD

After owning the album for 4 years, only now do I read the lyrics. The English is pretty hard to understand. lol

I dig the Senny's because of how forgiving they are indeed :)

Nov 27, 2014 at 3:08 AM Post #137,840 of 177,744

Yeah, all the economics and trading in Spice and Wolf is fun. But I really really like the relationship between Holo and Lawrence

S&W is generally taken to be different here in 'Murica. S&W is generally implied to be the key shortcut name of Smith and Wesson, a major gun and military equipment manufacturer in the world.

Yah i realized that as well haha

Nov 27, 2014 at 5:24 AM Post #137,844 of 177,744
Hamtaro best taro

Except I don't want to eat Hamtaro. XD

[rule]
If anyone is into ASMR stuff, I made this a few days ago.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcc4YJTbHHY[/video]

I have yet to play it on my system though. Got a lot of stuff to do. I'll probably play it later today and see how Master Fortress is when playing the Classic mode on harder difficulties.

Nov 27, 2014 at 6:16 AM Post #137,845 of 177,744
  Great stuff! It has a lot of real world economics in it. And most importantly, it has an adult (yet still anime-like grounded) reality of romance and relationships. Good stuff

+1
Still the best romance I've encountered in any anime so far.
Not really sure which one I would put in second place...maybe Isaac and Miria from Baccano :p

Nov 27, 2014 at 6:27 AM Post #137,846 of 177,744
I forgot just exactly how freaking fun it is to plan out a trip!! Note to self: Set up trip to Tokyo ASAP

Nov 27, 2014 at 6:31 AM Post #137,847 of 177,744
I forgot just exactly how freaking fun it is to plan out a trip!! Note to self: Set up trip to Tokyo ASAP

I'm setting up trips the whole damn time.
In my head.
Don't have the money to actually go on trips.

popcorn.gif

Nov 27, 2014 at 6:35 AM Post #137,848 of 177,744
I'm setting up trips the whole damn time.

In my head.

Don't have the money to actually go on trips.

[rule]:popcorn:

Set up as in actually apply for leave, buy tickets and have a travel plan etc etc. :wink: I don't have the time for it. :/

Darn, too slow. I was just about to post that.

Nov 27, 2014 at 6:41 AM Post #137,849 of 177,744
Set up as in actually apply for leave, buy tickets and have a travel plan etc etc.
wink.gif
I don't have the time for it. :/

Nah, I just cut right to the chase and pick shops, sights and restaurants I want to visit
atsmile.gif

If I ever happen to have the money to go to Japanland I'll use this website as trip advisor::
http://mcha-jp.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back