「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Nov 26, 2014 at 11:29 PM Post #137,821 of 177,745
http://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/2l5fxd/what_anime_would_you_rate_1010/

In my foray to look at top anime perceptions. I found this post with 1200 comments on what people thought was an anime that deserved a 10/10

It lead me to one person here:
http://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/2l5fxd/what_anime_would_you_rate_1010/clrvzph

Making me interested in Madoka movie 2
http://myanimelist.net/anime/11979/Mahou_Shoujo_Madoka%E2%98%85Magica_Movie_2:_Eien_no_Monogatari

I never saw ANY of the Madoka movies besides the third one rebellion as I thought the first two were just recaps. It seems I was a bit mistaken in where only the first was a recap and the second a more exploratory movie. I hated the third so I never bothered to look at the other two.

For those who have seen Madoka Movie 2, did you like it? Is it worth? 

I don't want to watch a recap...so just let me know

Nov 26, 2014 at 11:43 PM Post #137,823 of 177,745
  http://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/2l5fxd/what_anime_would_you_rate_1010/

In my foray to look at top anime perceptions. I found this post with 1200 comments on what people thought was an anime that deserved a 10/10

It lead me to one person here:
http://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/2l5fxd/what_anime_would_you_rate_1010/clrvzph

Making me interested in Madoka movie 2
http://myanimelist.net/anime/11979/Mahou_Shoujo_Madoka%E2%98%85Magica_Movie_2:_Eien_no_Monogatari

I never saw ANY of the Madoka movies besides the third one rebellion as I thought the first two were just recaps. It seems I was a bit mistaken in where only the first was a recap and the second a more exploratory movie. I hated the third so I never bothered to look at the other two.

For those who have seen Madoka Movie 2, did you like it? Is it worth? 

I don't want to watch a recap...so just let me know

The second movie is a still a recap with just with a new scene after a certain part in the series. If you haven't watched the Madoka tv series in a while and/or just are in the mood to rewatch it then should be alright to go watch it. I like Madoka and enjoyed rewatching Madoka in movie form with a couple friends but you're not really missing out much by skipping it. Just the usual shaft pretty scene lol.

I like rebellion mostly, Nagisa was really pointless and feel mixed about the ending. Watching rebellion in theaters was like my first real movie experience watching an anime movie in a theater full of anime fans and most has been pretty bad lol.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Nov 26, 2014 at 11:55 PM Post #137,824 of 177,745
  The second movie is a still a recap with just with a new scene after a certain part in the series. If you haven't watched the Madoka tv series in a while and/or just are in the mood to rewatch it then should be alright to go watch it. I like Madoka and enjoyed rewatching Madoka in movie form with a couple friends but you're not really missing out much by skipping it. Just the usual shaft pretty scene lol.

I like rebellion mostly, Nagisa was really pointless and feel mixed about the ending. Watching rebellion in theaters was like my first real movie experience watching an anime movie in a theater full of anime fans and most has been pretty bad lol.

Rebellion really just changed everything. What would've been a retelling of Goethe's Faust with some thermodynamics on the side turned into something else entirely. And all because Madoka doesn't seem to be attracted to girls, or that Homura is really getting desperate to get her senpai to notice her. 
biggrin.gif
 (I'm pretty sure I'm wrong on that theory, though; just wanted to go the forced meme path).

Otherwise, it's a pretty good movie, honestly. Cute Sayaka-Kyoko scene is cute.

Just...seriously. D'AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW T_T

Nov 26, 2014 at 11:56 PM Post #137,825 of 177,745

Awww, glad and sad to hear this

I very disliked Rebellion personally. The story and idea behind it was nice. ....but I felt like stuff like that should better be left as a collection addon novel. The animated form of what they were going for didn't shine through as well imo. 

Nov 27, 2014 at 12:14 AM Post #137,826 of 177,745
Awww, glad and sad to hear this

I very disliked Rebellion personally. The story and idea behind it was nice. ....but I felt like stuff like that should better be left as a collection addon novel. The animated form of what they were going for didn't shine through as well imo. 

The idea behind Rebellion was fine. It became a modern-day anime adaptation of Lucifer and God(lol), but while it did it well, the story didn't really flow as well, nor seemed to be as close-knit as the rest of the series. For that I gave the series a 10/10 but the movies a 8/10. A good attempt at tying up loose ends on what happened after the anime ended but it just a few too many liberties

Nov 27, 2014 at 12:21 AM Post #137,828 of 177,745
The idea behind Rebellion was fine. It became a modern-day anime adaptation of Lucifer and God(lol), but while it did it well, the story didn't really flow as well, nor seemed to be as close-knit as the rest of the series. For that I gave the series a 10/10 but the movies a 8/10. A good attempt at tying up loose ends on what happened after the anime ended but it just a few too many liberties

On the imperial scale, I wouldn't give it an 8

6/10 in where MOST of the score that gave it a +1 from average of 5 came from its deep intricate plot, twists, and non-linear progression. 

Nov 27, 2014 at 12:23 AM Post #137,829 of 177,745

: |
http://testyourvocab.com/

I got 50th percentile for my age. That does not bode well for me taking the GRE at all. : (

People say that reading increases your vocabulary. I never found that to work for me. Unless it's something I really can't comprehend like scientific words, I usually don't learn new words from just reading stuff since the context usually explains all that I need to know.

Lke tping ike ths, yo cn genrlly undsnd evry wrd Im saing evn if I spl thngs incrtly.

No seriously, that sentence is so puckish that anyone with polymath can make the English language seem noisome sometimes. You can tell from my mien that I'm not amused and you may think I'm a captious person.
^ You probably didn't understand what those words mean, nor the sentences, so you'll probably have to look up those words in this case, but no one in reality is really going to use these words anyway, so knowing them seems like a moot thing to do. I myself haven't even seen polymath before. One would think polymath = poly + math = multiple + math, but that would be too easy.

Got ~11000 vocabs, below 10th percentile for my age lol.
But then this doesn't take into account many of the technical / scientific terms that I'd use in my daily life.

Nov 27, 2014 at 12:25 AM Post #137,830 of 177,745
I'm almost done with the first season of Spice and Wolf. Started a few hours ago 
gs1000.gif

I saw the entire two seasons in 2009 (noticed that season 2 was airing and so decided to watch the series)

Great stuff! It has a lot of real world economics in it. And most importantly, it has an adult (yet still anime-like grounded) reality of romance and relationships. Good stuff

Nov 27, 2014 at 12:39 AM Post #137,831 of 177,745

Oooooooooooh! But on Friday's show...

Psychopass stuff? On preorder?

I might need a duffle bag for this trip...

Nov 27, 2014 at 1:46 AM Post #137,834 of 177,745
[video]http://youtu.be/9VOVLIT_3m0[/video]

Something I found while looking around in my old HDD. Used to be pretty into Ayumi

Nov 27, 2014 at 2:03 AM Post #137,835 of 177,745
I'm always absolutely in love with Spice and Wolf when I watch it. 

I loved it when I first saw it nearly half a decade ago and now.

It has an ingenuous way of going about it's romance and relationships. It's almost criminal how good they are at it.

Other anime (including well known Seinens) go about it towards a climax of people having feelings for each other.

Spice and Wolf pretty much bypasses it and goes straight into the couple like bickering, the weird rituals they do around each other, and best of all, the life like awkardess and 'personal' at their own pace type of thing that happens. It's almost weirdly intruding of me to be watching it at times due to how it plays out. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back