「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jul 18, 2014 at 11:47 AM Post #118,412 of 177,750
  Interesting. I have only seen Blood: The Last Vampire, but none of the associated anime/manga.

If you go to its Wikipedia page, you can read about the other stuff.

I didn't like the Blood: The Last Vampire animated film that much. They made a live action version that was (unusually enough for that type of adaptation) not awful.

I intend on publishing an in-depth review of Blood-C in the near future.

Jul 18, 2014 at 11:58 AM Post #118,413 of 177,750

I didn't like the Blood: The Last Vampire animated film that much.

Yeah, it wasn't bad, but on the other hand it wasn't great either. Just decent. Also, while it was supposedly the first thing from the franchise, and a standalone thing, it really felt like just an episode of something. I mean, it was 45 minutes long according to Wiki. If it was one of many OVAs, I probably wouldn't complain that much.

Jul 18, 2014 at 12:11 PM Post #118,416 of 177,750

Yeah, it wasn't bad, but on the other hand it wasn't great either. Just decent. Also, while it was supposedly the first thing from the franchise, and a standalone thing, it really felt like just an episode of something. I mean, it was 45 minutes long according to Wiki. If it was one of many OVAs, I probably wouldn't complain that much.

All the installments in the franchise are loosely related and star a heroine named Saya who slays monsters with her sword.

If you liked that first one at all, you should love the others. It's also worth noting that Saya is unattractive in the animated film, but is very pretty (but two different people with respective surnames of Otonashi and Kisaragi) in the two anime series.

(For the record, I can't believe how beautiful real Japanese women are.)

Jul 18, 2014 at 12:22 PM Post #118,417 of 177,750

All the installments in the franchise are loosely related and star a heroine named Saya who slays monsters with her sword.

If you liked that first one at all, you should love the others. It's also worth noting that Saya is unattractive in the animated film, but is very pretty (but two different people with respective surnames of Otonashi and Kisaragi) in the two anime series.

(For the record, I can't believe how beautiful real Japanese women are.)

They have, like, no resemblance at all. All by the same producers, too. That's odd to me. Did they do it intentionally to force a separation between each series?

Jul 18, 2014 at 2:15 PM Post #118,420 of 177,750

Virtually every song in the final episode of Blood-C is PERFECT. I would share, but don't want to spoil such horrific brilliance.

Oh my. Superlatives are dangerous man!

http://www.twitch.tv/

Good Lord, look at the crowd!

Over 165k people watching....impressive!
I really don't get mobas.

Fair enough. Blood-C is the most appealing to me, I'm big on aesthetics. 

It's also the one with the worst score on MAL.
Far far worse than the other sequels, prequels and spin-offs.

Jul 18, 2014 at 2:16 PM Post #118,421 of 177,750
CEO of Crunchyroll is doing an AMA on Reddit right now

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/2b26ou/im_kun_gao_the_cofounder_and_ceo_of_crunchyroll/

Not going well. 

Either he wants to look stupid. Or the guy seriously still doesn't know how to run a company. He mentions not knowing ANYTHING about lisencing, rights etc when he got started and only had drive. 

He avoids most real questions, doesn't offer reasoning for good rationale others point out, and....is frankly just saying nothing we didn't already know. 

Most of the real questions people are asking address real problems that is keeping me from subscribing to CR

Jul 18, 2014 at 2:20 PM Post #118,422 of 177,750
  CEO of Crunchyroll is doing an AMA on Reddit right now

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/2b26ou/im_kun_gao_the_cofounder_and_ceo_of_crunchyroll/

Not going well. 
Either he wants to look stupid. Or the guy seriously still doesn't know how to run a company. He mentions not knowing ANYTHING about lisencing, rights etc when he got started and only had drive. 
He avoids most real questions, doesn't offer reasoning for good rationale others point out, and....is frankly just saying nothing we didn't already know. 
Most of the real questions people are asking address real problems that is keeping me from subscribing to CR

Blocked in Germany so **** that ♥

Bowei, please give me a dose of freedom.

Jul 18, 2014 at 2:20 PM Post #118,423 of 177,750
US CEO does AMA when people are at work in the US. Good start. At least it's a Friday.

Not that there aren't redditors at this hour to make him wish he hadn't, but blah.

Jul 18, 2014 at 2:31 PM Post #118,424 of 177,750

Over 165k people watching....impressive!
I really don't get mobas.

That's just on twitch. There's around 400k in-game watching through the client, plus another 15k in the stadium. 

So proud to see the game I've supported for close to a decade get the recognition it deserves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back