「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jul 18, 2014 at 9:31 AM Post #118,381 of 177,750
  Yeah my previous post went *poof* for now. I edited it with an additional quote and accidentally included an external link. Playing a waiting game for now. 

I'm a guy. Sword man works... lol. That'll be a first, I must say!

Sword Boy it is!
tongue.gif

FYI, only the first season of Higurashi has an English dub. It's the most psychologically stimulating show I've seen.

I shared two of the phenomenal opening themes in this post.

Jul 18, 2014 at 9:40 AM Post #118,382 of 177,750
Wah, that's really nice! If you put your face near the screen, it's almost as if you were there. : p
*looks at Beats reviews with reviewers who have listened to a wide variety of headphones and music genres; or vinyl vs CD or digital audio conversations*
Yes? XD

But that's subjective, not objective!

I personally like what Beats has to offer overall as an out-and-about headphone (after I heavily modify the sound signature to my liking, that is)

When 256?

I have a feeling that 128 GB is already pushing the physical limits of the MicroSD standard. 256 GB would really blow my mind!

Sword Boy it is!
tongue.gif

FYI, only the first season of Higurashi has an English dub. It's the most psychologically stimulating show I've seen.

I watched it in English, and couldn't stand it so I watched it in Japanese.

Jul 18, 2014 at 9:43 AM Post #118,383 of 177,750
Jul 18, 2014 at 9:43 AM Post #118,384 of 177,750

Sword Boy it is!
tongue.gif

wink_face.gif
 I can deal with that.

I prefer subtitles to dubs, regardless of how good the dubs are it always seems like they miss out on some important vocal patterns that make conversations that much more meaningful. Messes with your mind quite a bit? That's promising. 

Those OP's are amazing. 

Jul 18, 2014 at 9:50 AM Post #118,385 of 177,750
  I watched it in English, and couldn't stand it so I watched it in Japanese.

wink_face.gif
 I can deal with that.

I prefer subtitles to dubs, regardless of how good the dubs are it always seems like they miss out on some important vocal patterns that make conversations that much more meaningful. Messes with your mind quite a bit? That's promising. 

Those OP's are amazing. 

If I like an anime series, I usually watch both dubs, which can complement each other.

Yes, the plot is more confusing than you would imagine! And that's just the start of it...

I just watched them again and am trying to resist playing them on repeat. (I use a Firefox plugin to download YouTube videos.)

Jul 18, 2014 at 9:56 AM Post #118,386 of 177,750

If I like an anime series, I usually watch both dubs, which can complement each other.

Yes, the plot is more confusing than you would imagine! And that's just the start of it...

I just watched them again and am trying to resist playing them on repeat. (I use a Firefox plugin to download YouTube videos.)

I'll save the joy of repeated watches of those OP's for when I actually watch the show. The only dubs I've ever watched that I felt truly represented the show was Steins;Gate. 

Jul 18, 2014 at 10:08 AM Post #118,387 of 177,750

I'll save the joy of repeated watches of those OP's for when I actually watch the show. The only dubs I've ever watched that I felt truly represented the show was Steins;Gate. 

Many anime's English voice actors sound more fitting for the characters, from my experience. On the other hand, it's always good to see it in its original form.

When I was searching for "sword boy" images, this was the second one that came up:

Ironically, it's a screenshot from Blood+, and the character is female.

Jul 18, 2014 at 10:13 AM Post #118,388 of 177,750

Many anime's English voice actors sound more fitting for the characters, from my experience. On the other hand, it's always good to see it in its original form.

When I was searching for "sword boy" images, this was the second one that came up:

Ironically, it's a screenshot from Blood+, and the character is female.

One of the more highly recommended dubbed shows that I've heard about was Code Geass. While I enjoyed the show plenty, I felt some of the characters had a notable lack of depth due to the voice overs. 

This is a sign. I am now obligated to watch the Blood series. That capture is awesome, by the way. I'll let slide the emasculating feelings... for now. 
tongue.gif

Jul 18, 2014 at 10:24 AM Post #118,389 of 177,750

One of the more highly recommended dubbed shows that I've heard about was Code Geass. While I enjoyed the show plenty, I felt some of the characters had a notable lack of depth due to the voice overs. 

This is a sign. I am now obligated to watch the Blood series. That capture is awesome, by the way. I'll let slide the emasculating feelings... for now. 
tongue.gif

Did you notice in Soul Eater how some of the English voice actors (especially Medusa) did that annoying exaggerated sexy voice thing? (I don't know if there is a term for it. I admit it was a turn-on when she used her catchphrase "You will be punished!") Another thing I'm sure you noticed is that Soul Eater Evans is drawn to look like he's from the virtual band Gorillaz - and Maka Albarn is named after Damon Albarn!

Laura Bailey is my favorite voice actor, though. She voiced Maka, Lust in Fullmetal Alchemist, Serah Farron in Final Fantasy XIII, and countless others. I was surprised (especially in light of what happens in episode 19 of Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood) to find out that she married Travis Willingham, who voiced Roy Mustang in Fullmetal Alchemist and, again, countless others.

Blood is a franchise. Most of them are only loosely related.

Just be glad I didn't find the Sword In The Stone image I was looking for. "Grab my sword, boy!"
bigsmile_face.gif

Jul 18, 2014 at 10:29 AM Post #118,391 of 177,750

Did you notice in Soul Eater how some of the English voice actors (especially Medusa) did that annoying exaggerated sexy voice thing? (I don't know if there is a term for it.) Another thing I'm sure you noticed is that Soul Eater Evans is drawn to look like he's from the virtual band Gorillaz - and Maka Albarn is named after Damon Albarn!

Laura Bailey is my favorite voice actor, though. She voiced Maka, Lust in Fullmetal Alchemist, Serah Farron in Final Fantasy XIII, and countless others.

Blood is a franchise. Most of them are only loosely related.

Just be glad I didn't find the Sword In The Stone image I was looking for. "Grab my sword, boy!"
bigsmile_face.gif

Ah, you know I completely forgot that I watched Soul Eater dubbed. It's been so long. I did enjoy that one plenty, actually. It's been well over a year since I watched it, so I can't rightly recall exactly how the voices went. Maka did stand out, and obviously Excalibur. 
FOOL!

... with saying that, I can't help but feel my name will be further utilized to poke fun. Ah well, I've brought it upon myself!

Jul 18, 2014 at 10:31 AM Post #118,392 of 177,750

Ah, you know I completely forgot that I watched Soul Eater dubbed. It's been so long. I did enjoy that one plenty, actually. It's been well over a year since I watched it, so I can't rightly recall exactly how the voices went. Maka did stand out, and obviously Excalibur. 
FOOL!

... with saying that, I can't help but feel my name will be further utilized to poke fun. Ah well, I've brought it upon myself!

Excalibur is the best 
redface.gif

Jul 18, 2014 at 10:41 AM Post #118,394 of 177,750

FOOL!

I edited the post again, hehe. The voices do seem to sound different the second and third time around.

Don't worry, I'll try to restrain myself from excess jabbing. *chortle*

Here is the Blood-C OP, to get your blood (pun intended) pumping.

That has to be the most realistic butt in anime. At 1:05, she looks like Kenshin Himura from Rurouni Kenshin!
  Excalibur is the best 
redface.gif

My brother dislikes anime (despite watching through many series with me), but loooves Excalibur. He couldn't stop laughing in the few episodes the little guy graces his shenanigans with.

"My legend began in the 12th century..."

In case you weren't aware, Troy Baker does the English voices for both Excalibur and Snow Villiers from Final Fantasy XIII.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back