「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jun 7, 2014 at 11:23 PM Post #114,661 of 177,750

Mmm them finger taps. I wish airsoft was more of a thing though, $10/100 shots gets quite... expensive...

$10 for 100 shots in paintball?

Where are you buying your paint?

It is commonly $30 for $2000 for mediocre paint here and $60 for 2000 for top quality paint. 

I bought the red dot sight for dual use. Sights are not so useful in paintball. It's mainly for my gun to look better, and for the slight benefits it may give sometimes when playing the more slow paced and 'sniping' styled woodball etc. Very cheap anyway and ccan be mounted on a nerf gun or airsoft gun using standard rails. 

Jun 7, 2014 at 11:36 PM Post #114,662 of 177,750
  $10 for 100 shots in paintball?

Where are you buying your paint?

It is commonly $30 for $2000 for mediocre paint here and $60 for 2000 for top quality paint. 

I bought the red dot sight for dual use. Sights are not so useful in paintball. It's mainly for my gun to look better, and for the slight benefits it may give sometimes when playing the more slow paced and 'sniping' styled woodball etc. Very cheap anyway and ccan be mounted on a nerf gun or airsoft gun using standard rails. 

I've only gone speedballing about 6 times? It's a pricey hobby here in Canada. Not many good deals here in regards to paint. Also, I don't plan on being a jerk and buy paint and having it shipped in only to have the guy on the receiving end suffer from expired paint.

Jun 7, 2014 at 11:39 PM Post #114,663 of 177,750
  I've only gone speedballing about 6 times? It's a pricey hobby here in Canada. Not many good deals here in regards to paint. Also, I don't plan on being a jerk and buy paint and having it shipped in only to have the guy on the receiving end suffer from expired paint.

In my hometown, lots of good deals on paintball gun sets.

So...fricking...good. But I don't need them

Some dude in my area was selling a very good condition Tippman 98 custom with hopper, CO2 tank, hoppers, and a paintball splatmaster sidearm for $60 USD and it was 10mins from my house.

Sadly, I had no use for it.

Jun 8, 2014 at 1:13 AM Post #114,665 of 177,750
Ah how I miss airsoft. That was pretty fun back in high school.

Too bad airsoft guns are illegal in Australia. They're great fun!

I can understand why they're illegal here. Delinquents will use them to rob people all the time, and it's going to be a big problem for the police to deal with.

Jun 8, 2014 at 1:21 AM Post #114,666 of 177,750
  Too bad airsoft guns are illegal in Australia. They're great fun!

I can understand why they're illegal here. Delinquents will use them to rob people all the time, and it's going to be a big problem for the police to deal with.

Autoplay EagleScreech.FLAC

Sounds like Australia needs some liburatin' 

But to be very fair, last I checked, this wasn't a very big problem in country's that have airsoft guns.

Obviously, when you initially de-ban goods that can be mistaken for weapons, there will be an increase in using them for such crime generallyy speaking. But in most country's in the world, there isn't a direct correlation between airsoft guns and robbery

Because first of all, most robbers that use them are cheap bastards and the cheap $20 airsoft guns, even with tips poorly spray painted black, look cheap and stupid as hell. But to a country like Australia where guns aren't around as much, it may be much harder to differentiate.

So yeah, I guess what you are saying, but I wouldn't say it is directly a long-term issue if dealt with correctly in the first place. 

And not to mention, that just because it can, doesn't mean it will or should be banned because

And those who typically will even try or do this, will already have such motives or pre-emptive characteristics in doing so. Having an airsoft pistol they can disguise mearley masks and doesn't addresses the issue of who are the ones most likely to rob a store. The blame isn't on the airsoft gun, but on that person, and the society and cultural phenomena. 

Also, loss prevention measures are already built into stores. Most stores in the USA and worldwide in developed country's have loss prevention measures detailing cashiers to always cooperate and give money no matter what etc. So its not exactly an ultra issue. Obviously, we can speak about setting a culture or precedent for more airsoft robberies in the future, but there are general wordly trends for stuff like this, and it hasn't been an issue, even in south america or S.E.A

/ Socio Political analysis talk

Jun 8, 2014 at 1:49 AM Post #114,667 of 177,750
  Oh God, it's this stupid audio-recorder thing that some people here use as a DAP....needless to say that the UI and everything is a complete nightmare. I'm also pretty sure that it only plays WAV files.

Hmm no, that's the Tera Player.
Lazy to check D50 product page, but the newer D100 supports most major formats, even DSD.

Jun 8, 2014 at 1:58 AM Post #114,668 of 177,750

Oh God, it's this stupid audio-recorder thing that some people here use as a DAP....needless to say that the UI and everything is a complete nightmare. I'm also pretty sure that it only plays WAV files.

Hmm no, that's the Tera Player.
Lazy to check D50 product page, but the newer D100 supports most major formats, even DSD.

The D100 can record in DSD, which was surprising to me since these devices are usually used by people who don't work in a music studio-like environment.

The D50 only played WAV and MP3 formats since that's what it recorded with, but he D100 can playback those plus DSD, FLAC (surprising for Sony), WMA, and AAC.

Jun 8, 2014 at 2:00 AM Post #114,669 of 177,750
  Autoplay EagleScreech.FLAC

Sounds like Australia needs some liburatin' 

But to be very fair, last I checked, this wasn't a very big problem in country's that have airsoft guns.

Obviously, when you initially de-ban goods that can be mistaken for weapons, there will be an increase in using them for such crime generallyy speaking. But in most country's in the world, there isn't a direct correlation between airsoft guns and robbery

Because first of all, most robbers that use them are cheap bastards and the cheap $20 airsoft guns, even with tips poorly spray painted black, look cheap and stupid as hell. But to a country like Australia where guns aren't around as much, it may be much harder to differentiate.

So yeah, I guess what you are saying, but I wouldn't say it is directly a long-term issue if dealt with correctly in the first place. 

And not to mention, that just because it can, doesn't mean it will or should be banned because

And those who typically will even try or do this, will already have such motives or pre-emptive characteristics in doing so. Having an airsoft pistol they can disguise mearley masks and doesn't addresses the issue of who are the ones most likely to rob a store. The blame isn't on the airsoft gun, but on that person, and the society and cultural phenomena. 

Also, loss prevention measures are already built into stores. Most stores in the USA and worldwide in developed country's have loss prevention measures detailing cashiers to always cooperate and give money no matter what etc. So its not exactly an ultra issue. Obviously, we can speak about setting a culture or precedent for more airsoft robberies in the future, but there are general wordly trends for stuff like this, and it hasn't been an issue, even in south america or S.E.A

/ Socio Political analysis talk

^Pretty much this. Everyone is scared that the sudden legalization will instantly have a negative effect on society.

Jun 8, 2014 at 2:02 AM Post #114,670 of 177,750
HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jun 8, 2014 at 2:04 AM Post #114,671 of 177,750
  ^Pretty much this. Everyone is scared that the sudden legalization will instantly have a negative effect on society.

Australia: Current socio-political issue on legalizing plastic guns that shoot pellets, that typically kids play with

Murica: Current socio-polticial issue on fully automatic near-mil spec civillian grade firearms, ammo capacity for ammunition magazines, and availbility of ammunition sales by your local food, clothing, and general-goods store

Play EagleScreech.m4a

And then there is the UK's reaction to USA and Australian affairs which almost always deal into Canadian affairs.

Jun 8, 2014 at 2:06 AM Post #114,672 of 177,750
And what anime may that be?
redface.gif

Rail Wars 
rolleyes.gif

80% of the promo pictures feature Makoto Shinkai backgrounds w/uber sensual erotic art but with full clothing

Jun 8, 2014 at 2:13 AM Post #114,673 of 177,750
Rail Wars :rolleyes:

80% of the promo pictures feature Makoto Shinkai backgrounds w/uber sensual erotic art but with full clothing

The position of her left hand is anything but sensual. XD

Other than that:
we-can-do-it-movie-poster-9999-1020380237.jpg

Such sensual feelings.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fn4i8bAfnMY[/video]

Jun 8, 2014 at 2:35 AM Post #114,675 of 177,750

Australia: Current socio-political issue on legalizing plastic guns that shoot pellets, that typically kids play with

Murica: Current socio-polticial issue on fully automatic near-mil spec civillian grade firearms, ammo capacity for ammunition magazines, and availbility of ammunition sales by your local food, clothing, and general-goods store

Play EagleScreech.m4a

And then there is the UK's reaction to USA and Australian affairs which almost always deal into Canadian affairs.

Is nice that MoD allows you to play airsoft in their combat training sites and not have to use ugly orange tips on everything.

UK is a nice place eh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back