「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
May 18, 2014 at 8:05 AM Post #113,311 of 177,745

Which $59 headphone did Dr. Dre take and rebrand?

deadhorse.gif

May 18, 2014 at 9:02 AM Post #113,313 of 177,745
May 18, 2014 at 9:46 AM Post #113,314 of 177,745

Sidonia 6.
**** it. Bit annoyed with the time-skip setup but oh well. It was effective. Hoshijiro was too damn nice to die raaaaaaawr. Death flags from the moment she appeared in the show though lol.

In the manga the fight scene happened first, and it was much better that way.

Good thing Kunato gets what's coming to him soon.

May 18, 2014 at 10:19 AM Post #113,315 of 177,745

:deadhorse:

Noontec Zoro? XD
608.jpg

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/inexpensive-and-terrific-noontec-zoro
The headband has an integrated pad that...wait, let's make this easy. The Noontec Zoro looks a lot like the Beats Solo, but made with cheaper materials. I'm sure they're not going to like me saying that, but hey, I didn't design them. It's obvious they wanted to compete with and gain market traction by looking similar to the Beats.

May 18, 2014 at 11:38 AM Post #113,316 of 177,745
Bach is so ******* radical! ♥

Too much Mozart in Hyouka.

I would say the most used piece of classic music in anime history has to be "Ode an die Freude" by Beethoven.

May 18, 2014 at 11:54 AM Post #113,317 of 177,745
I despise baroque (in turn, most of Bach's pieces. There are a few that don't sound like they're baroque at all and are more classical). Most of classical I also don't really like. I love romantic and early impressionistic. Early modern is okay. There are a few ones I like. Postmodern is awful to my ears.

May 18, 2014 at 12:19 PM Post #113,319 of 177,745
  I despise baroque (in turn, most of Bach's pieces. There are a few that don't sound like they're baroque at all and are more classical). Most of classical I also don't really like. I love romantic and early impressionistic. Early modern is okay. There are a few ones I like. Postmodern is awful to my ears.

Despise? Oh wow, that's harsh.
There aren't really any epochs that I don't like. I mainly care about the instrumentation (like the pleb I am).
Chamber music or solo violin/piano etc concerts are just not for me. Debussy, Chopin....not my thing.

But I do like myself some Wagner from time to time (Germans have to like Wagner by law).

May 18, 2014 at 12:22 PM Post #113,320 of 177,745
  Despise? Oh wow, that's harsh.
There aren't really any epochs that I don't like. I mainly care about the instrumentation (like the pleb I am).
Chamber music or solo violin/piano etc concerts are just not for me. Debussy, Chopin....not my thing.

But I do like myself some Wagner from time to time (Germans have to like Wagner by law).

I feel like one reason for my hatred towards baroque is the fact that my piano teacher loves it. He pushes us to play a bunch of Inventions and such to build up skills (which isn't a bad thing but all we played for months was baroque).

I also find it hard to be expressive with baroque. I love pieces that are extremely expressive. My current favorites are the Ravel Sonatines for piano.

May 18, 2014 at 12:44 PM Post #113,321 of 177,745
  I feel like one reason for my hatred towards baroque is the fact that my piano teacher loves it. He pushes us to play a bunch of Inventions and such to build up skills (which isn't a bad thing but all we played for months was baroque).

I also find it hard to be expressive with baroque. I love pieces that are extremely expressive. My current favorites are the Ravel Sonatines for piano.

Go play this!!!! 
L3000.gif

http://server.agarrado.net/animemusic/nagisa-farewell-at-the-foot-of-a-hill-warm-piano-arrange.pdf?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJOOUXNQVYS467B6Q&Expires=1400432130&Signature=HSQ2nKCOAxen37wkEYIihPyRFmc%3D

May 18, 2014 at 1:11 PM Post #113,322 of 177,745
  Bach is so ******* radical! ♥

Too much Mozart in Hyouka.

I would say the most used piece of classic music in anime history has to be "Ode an die Freude" by Beethoven.

I just cant get enough of the sound of a harpsichord..... favorite instrument of all time :p

May 18, 2014 at 1:55 PM Post #113,323 of 177,745

It doesn't help that that photo is overexposed to hell though... >.>

Been listening to this album recently... So epic!
biggrin.gif

That was the whole point of the photo...
"The purpose of a standard photographic neutral density filter is to reduce the amount of light entering the lens. Doing so allows the photographer to select combinations of aperture, exposure time and sensor sensitivity which would otherwise produce overexposed pictures."

Eh, that album is okay. Not my cup of tea. Their Lovelight album is way better in my opinion since they contain Touhou remixes, whose compositions are mostly always enjoyable. XD
Speaking of Cloud 9, has anyone seen "Cyborg 009"? I saw that soundtrack at the Kinokuniya Bookstore today and it reminded me of a mix between Astro Boy's art style and Mighty No.9.

Oooooooooh, that's why the characters looked so familiar!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyborg_009#North_American_releases

I used to watch this series on Cartoon Network! : D

So... Why not just expose your photo properly in the first place? 
tongue.gif

The real point of ND filters is to do something like this in daylight:

Someday I wanna try making one of those photos. XD

deadhorse.gif

LOL

May 18, 2014 at 2:04 PM Post #113,324 of 177,745
I just cant get enough of the sound of a harpsichord..... favorite instrument of all time :p

Indeed the harpsichord is an awesome instrument.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kpqm1hxgH-w[/video]

Of course you can't forget Dr. House too. :p

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6zJ9dEwNek[/video]

Ooooh, that's why that last song sounded so familiar!

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5i5ERDE_2E[/video]

So... Why not just expose your photo properly in the first place? :p
The real point of ND filters is to do something like this in daylight:

Someday I wanna try making one of those photos. XD

Because that photo doesn't demonstrate what a neutral density filter does. That could have very well just been a photo with a polariser filter for all we know. The photo on Wikipedia very clearly demonstrates what the ND does. XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back