「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
May 17, 2014 at 2:29 PM Post #113,281 of 177,745

very_evil_smiley.gif
 unicorn ep 7 is out. Raw though.
Hearing is one thing, but experiencing is another. Must go watch 
ph34r.gif
 I think the last time I went to the theater was w/ Harry Potter 7 part 2

82gig bluray image laaaaawl. If only I had the free disc space.
Originally Posted by NLNH /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Subs demanded
tongue_smile.gif
popcorn ready
popcorn.gif

dayum such tempts!!!!

The raws usually have the official subs despite the category. Hell, usually have the dub as a second track too.

May 17, 2014 at 3:01 PM Post #113,283 of 177,745
Maybe that had to do with the fact you only got 30 minutes of sleep? :p
Watching anime/movies/TV and listening to music are even less interactive, just keep that in mind. :D

Usually Key characters aren't thaaaaat bad. They're more subdued like this (IMO)
I agree that picture is creepy, and it looks nothing like Kotori.

I'd personally recommend you try Planetarian personally, It took me ~5 hours to beat (so not that much lost time if you don't like it, compared to other VNs) and it's legally available on the iOS app store in English. It also has an awesome soundtrack (IMO) and the backgrounds to change a lot (though more near the end... I won't spoil anything though.)

Ah yeah, I've heard Planetarian is pretty good. Maybe I'll give that a try.

30 minutes of sleep didn't have to anything to do with it though. I was perfectly wide-awake and alert while watching JoJo episode 7. XD
And at least with watching movies, things move fast, there's actual animation or movement of things, and you're constantly thinking about stuff. With VNs you're pressing a button saying okay...okay...okay.

LOL Avatar cabbages

Those Godzilla trailers look awesome...... gonna go to the cinema to watch as well:rolleyes:

I heard it's actually really good!

I'm skeptical. I thought Pacific Rim was a piece of schiit movie.

May 17, 2014 at 3:11 PM Post #113,284 of 177,745
@mekakucity actors

SCHIIITTTT!!! "Headphone Actor" sang by LiSA!!!! :eek:

One thing I don't really like about mekaku; how Shinbo integrates the songs into each episode. Usually doesn't follow the mood at all.

Ah yeah, I've heard Planetarian is pretty good. Maybe I'll give that a try.

30 minutes of sleep didn't have to anything to do with it though. I was perfectly wide-awake and alert while watching JoJo episode 7. XD
And at least with watching movies, things move fast, there's actual animation or movement of things, and you're constantly thinking about stuff. With VNs you're pressing a button saying okay...okay...okay.

Yep. My issue with VNs isn't interactivity but rather how static they are. They just aren't very good at setting up a scene in comparison to books etc.

May 17, 2014 at 3:43 PM Post #113,287 of 177,745
Yep. My issue with VNs isn't interactivity but rather how static they are. They just aren't very good at setting up a scene in comparison to books etc.

aren't books much more static than VNs?
and again, it depends on which one(s) you've played.

I've been kept on the edge of my seat for quite a few times while playing Muv-Luv Alternative.

@Nisekoi

Damn... I'm absolutely torn between Marika and Kosaki now..... if only this was a VN....
Of course, the anime probably wont go anywhere with any of them, maybe you guys who already read the manga could tell me if anything actually happens (no spoilers).

May 17, 2014 at 4:15 PM Post #113,288 of 177,745
If anyone coming into Pacific Rim expecting more than just "giant ******* robots ******* up giant ******* lizards" is the dumb one.

The second time I will agree with Jgray

But yeah, it more or less tells you that that movie will be about giant robots fighting giant .......stuff. That was the movie

May 17, 2014 at 4:17 PM Post #113,289 of 177,745
Or he could just take the middle route and pick blue-haired pseudo-tsundere (^o^)

May 17, 2014 at 4:19 PM Post #113,290 of 177,745
The second time I will agree with Jgray

But yeah, it more or less tells you that that movie will be about giant robots fighting giant .......stuff. That was the movie

Did anyone seriously criticized the movie for just being that?

May 17, 2014 at 6:29 PM Post #113,292 of 177,745
Did anyone seriously criticized the movie for just being that?

Nothing wrong with criticizing the moment despite the movie being intentionally purposeful on what the criticism was.

But in terms of fans liking it, its hard to justify that Pacific Rim is an all in all, every way possible, schitty film as a fan for being only about fighting monsters...when the entire purpose of the movie was that.

@Rikkun

http://www.reddit.com/r/todayilearned/comments/25shz9/til_that_the_netherlands_voted_swaffelen_as_their/

?? What?

TIL that the Netherlands voted "Swaffelen" as their word of the year in 2008. It means to repeatedly smack one's penis against someone or something.

In April 2008, the term received wide media attention in the Netherlands and Belgium, when a Dutch student committed the act on the Taj Mahal and uploaded the video to YouTube.

In response, the BNN TV program Spuiten en Slikken invited viewers to make their own videos of other objects being swaffeled. They also called for a BNN Nationale Swaffeldag (BNN National Swaffel Day) to be declared.

The Royal Palace of Amsterdam and the Basilica of Saint Servatius in Maastricht were among the objects swaffeled in the submissions.

May 17, 2014 at 6:56 PM Post #113,293 of 177,745
82gig bluray image laaaaawl. If only I had the free disc space.
The raws usually have the official subs despite the category. Hell, usually have the dub as a second track too.

So I can buy the bray and just watch with the subs. Good enough. Hope the whole set isn't hella expensive 
frown.gif

Subs demanded
tongue_smile.gif
popcorn ready
popcorn.gif

dayum such tempts!!!!

The one I watched had chinese subs... I didn't notice them until the end 
ph34r.gif

Well, I did not see that karate coming from 25 miles away. Did well, sunset. 

May 17, 2014 at 9:10 PM Post #113,294 of 177,745
  The HQ ver or what?
That one is fully animated, I'm not even sure if I could call that a VN.
and hell, it even shows you the route map and character meter...

Yep, the HQ version

Well that's the last time I'm using a custom stock Samsung ROM. AOSP is the life for me.

May 17, 2014 at 9:56 PM Post #113,295 of 177,745
Wah, that's quite the coincidence. Today I was trying to see what the neutral density filter does for the camera I have at hand (not much from what I took), and today that filter happens to be in the "photo of the day" on Wikipedia.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

That's a very dramatic difference.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neutral_density_filter

Users who are viewing this thread

Back