「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
May 7, 2014 at 7:00 PM Post #112,471 of 177,750

Thanks for the pics! Good to hear they did a great job on the physical goods but I'm a fan of digital for its convenience and savings of the materials. Still tho, I had a hard time when I purchased AOT on iTunes cuz I rather get the BR for quality/transcoding reasons. It's the same every time I download music from iTunes. This is no guarantee I'll get better goods being the BR/CD prints could come with problems but generally, it's a better bet. This is funny tho cuz, at the moment, I have nothing that plays cd's/BR...

My iPhone 4 is my PC/TV/Radio/Alarm Clock/Watch/BFF. I'll provably end up buying a good yet minimalistic set up when I move to my apartment. I'm thinking 60" 4K TV, 28" 2K monitor connected to a MacBook Pro 15", Asus router connected to HD's for media, maybe a gaming system, Amazon kindle, couch/bed combo, bowflex workout station, sell sportsbike for nice specialized mountainbike, and most importantly... Ruri hug pillow.

Yeah... GoodLife™

What says you Chuck Norris?
Chuck-Norris-Approves-With-A-Thumbs-Up.gif

ME2: Minimalistic (O_o)?

Do you enjoy life?

ME2: You tell me?

No! no! your suppose to say yes then I say then I recommend you stay out of my way. God D***T me....

May 7, 2014 at 7:09 PM Post #112,473 of 177,750
  Oops, nevermind. I've basically been marathoning 1/2 to 1 seasons/series every day.

So here's the order I've seen them:

Bakemonogatari, Nisemonogatari, Nekomonogatari: Kuro, Monogatari: Second Season.

So airing order. I've heard some people recommend a different order.

Excellent... now I know what order to watch this.  I never really started watching this series, but it should round out my Shaft lineup of series. 

May 7, 2014 at 7:10 PM Post #112,474 of 177,750
I don't know who would recommend a different order to the series. I can tell you that Second Season gets a little confusing since there are more than a couple of concurrent arcs where while X is happening, Y is also happening. That season might be watchable in a mixed order.... I had to argue with a friend of mine for like 2hr after the series finished just to get straight what was happening, and when.

... that same friend also hates Hanekawa so you're not alone
wink.gif

Yay!

I like her! Her backstory is super sad :'(
But if I had to pick a favorite character from the series I guess it would be...eh.....hmmmm.....Gaen? Kanbaru? Hanekawa?
No idea.

Well, I'm obviously a very cold person since I did not find her backstory sad at all. No sympathy from me. If anything, her backstory just annoyed me.

I'd choose Shinobu or Senjougahara (I feel terrible for having a bit of trouble remembering their names. I seem to be terrible at remembering character names of series that I marathon in a day or two versus drawn out watching sessions). Both have very interesting personalities. I also am very entertained by Koyomi's younger sisters.
  I like her too! There isn't really anyone in this series that I don't like :p
Well, at first I wasn't that much of a Kaiki fan but I learned to love him in the last Monogatari SS arc.

What?! She has the worst end-line of all time. Sooo bad...also got beat to a pulp by Shinobu in what...1 minute? Probably less than that.

May 7, 2014 at 7:16 PM Post #112,476 of 177,750
Chuck Norris approves all Ruri merch. FYI

Chuck Norris is a closet otaku. It's just no one has taken pictures of his room and lived long enough to post them. Round house death is a MANS death.

May 7, 2014 at 7:22 PM Post #112,477 of 177,750
Yep, I still enjoy it! Lol

Oh you.jpg

That just proves my point more... :|

Bad... You mean like Starbucks bad? Or maybe I just don't like coffee in general. :p

So, the real question is, when are you going to build a well designed DAC that will dominate the one in Project H? XD

Aww, no physical copy for PS3, sosad...

Ouchies, Hope you can remove it quickly and easily without actually having to take drastic measures like reinstalling Windows...
Isnt borisu-chan working on a DAC called ULLA right now?

Nah, that's an amp lol. I'm ready for b10 Labs DAC and Stat amp soon! XD

Isnt borisu-chan working on a DAC called ULLA right now?

Nah that's an amp. but progress isnt doing so good with the robotic competition just around the corner....
Been spending lots of assembling PCBs and writing firmware for it, that muv-luv alternative PCB is part of the robot too :p

Ahh I gotcha. The robot competition sounds cool! Good luck and take pics! :D

Adult Shinobu is best Shinobu.

giphy.gif

Bad... You mean like Starbucks bad? Or maybe I just don't like coffee in general. :p

I prefer tea, of the high caliber type...

Lol, I have to agree with you about Shinobu.

And generally I don't mind tea as much as coffee.

Starbucks bad, yes. Coffee is an acquired taste, but acquiring it through proper means and numbing your tastes buds with bad brew are very different things. :xf_eek:

Nah that's an amp. but progress isnt doing so good with the robotic competition just around the corner....
Been spending lots of assembling PCBs and writing firmware for it, that muv-luv alternative PCB is part of the robot too :p

I missed the P-H, but I'm definitely down for trying this new one! *wink wink*

Lol, I feel committed to drinking Starbucks though since it's a Seattle staple. Someday I'll try some proper coffee though!

Heh, I doubt we'll ever do another one like that, unfortunately.

I looked up that Kill La Kill song for a purchase but returned nothing. Then I remembered I havez JP iTunes account, hurray for me! :D

Now, deciding whether to order the physical cd using whitenekoexpress or single song download off iTunes JP is quite the conundrum.

I specifically want Blumenkranz but all the tracks sound good :/

Physical CD! Do eet! :D

May 7, 2014 at 8:47 PM Post #112,480 of 177,750
  Joys of joys.  UPS and/or Amazon screwed up my replacement order for Shangri-La.  Screwed up boxes and chipped DVD cases.  To quote Beyond the boundary.  Unpleasant.  

That's lame. So you got what you ordered but it's all beat up? If you decide to have it exchanged or something, try to beat em up for some account credit, they usually give you like $20 or so.

May 7, 2014 at 8:59 PM Post #112,481 of 177,750
Gone for a week-1 1/2 and only 824 posts. Shocker 
basshead.gif

bah. Won't be needing another 8gb, so might as well save the $65. 
You'll be singing a different tune when Kizumonogatari comes out!! I'll be the one to get the last laugh in the "best Shinobu" debate!

Is it out soon? The last time I checked, it was supposed to be around this time of year 
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back