「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Apr 16, 2014 at 1:12 PM Post #110,645 of 177,745
Don't worry boris, Training with Hinako taught me how to count to twelve.

Hinako..?

Nyaruemon.... sounds like a combination between Nyaruko and Doraemon. LOL
It's suppose to be a knock-off of the latter though.

Apr 16, 2014 at 1:17 PM Post #110,646 of 177,745
  Trying to say 3 in german because of some anime reference.... failed badly  : |

sounds like I'm saying der-kai, der-hai or making a really ugly sound clearing my throat. lol....

Try saying "dry" with a rolling R.
Should be close enough. Everyone here would know what you mean.

Apr 16, 2014 at 1:22 PM Post #110,647 of 177,745
I'm ok with this

I absolutely do not mean to brag, but I am very happy with my life choice of studying mathematics. While I didn't really consider it when I chose to do this, the job opportunities of a mathematician are much better than would expect. I chose to study what I like the most, and it also turns out to be the one providing the best job opportunities. (I know this one is for the US, but I have seen similar results that apply to my country in specific)

Somehow this feels so unreal. Almost unfair, but I won't complain about it either.

Maybe it's because the amount of people that are good at mathematics is quite small.

Yeah, I think a lot of jobs like English or Math arent as terrible as statistics sound TO PEOPLEwho excel and enjoy it. Statistics are cold and hard and dont typically account for issues in the demographic etc

Working in a job that is also your personal vocation, must be wonderful...

[rule]One of the Oculus Rift founders recently stated that he believes that TVs will be obsolete in a few decades.

This statement is wrong on so so many levels.

I wouldnt say anything is wrong. Both of you make claims that can both be supported or unsupported by a well written research paper. And even then, conflicting papers with their own evidence disproving the other comes out often

Don't worry boris, Training with Hinako taught me how to count to twelve.

I learned to count in German from Rammstein :)

Apr 16, 2014 at 1:29 PM Post #110,648 of 177,745
I wouldnt say anything is wrong. Both of you make claims that can both be supported or unsupported by a well written research paper. And even then, conflicting papers with their own evidence disproving the other comes out often

You and your politician-style answers.

Apr 16, 2014 at 1:31 PM Post #110,650 of 177,745
Just found out that this character in cantonese means angry:

As you may know, Chinese words are pictograms.
This character in particular is composed of the character for women (女) squished between 2 characters for male (男).
So I was just thinking if there was some NTR story behind the formation of this chinese character.... :rolleyes:  

PS:
if any of you have a retina display, do take a pic of how that character looks on your screen in 12 point font.
It looks like schiit on my WXGA screen.

It's practically illegible in actual size.

It's barely readable.

That reminds me of "troublesome" in Chinese (麻煩, máfan in Mandarin).
Two trees under a shelter next to some shells of fire (napalm) can be troublesome, yup.

Apr 16, 2014 at 1:43 PM Post #110,651 of 177,745
I learned to count in German from Rammstein
smily_headphones1.gif

Can you pronounce drei properly though?
According to the IPA, that "r" sound is suppose to be a voiced uvular fricative....
(meaning your vocal cords vibrate while your uvula is in proximity to the root of your tongue)

I can only pronounce the unvoiced version of that like the "ch" in Bach.

Apr 16, 2014 at 1:45 PM Post #110,652 of 177,745
I learned to count in German from Rammstein :)

Can you pronounce drei properly though?

According to the IPA, that "r" sound is suppose to be a voiced uvular fricative....
(meaning your vocal cords vibrate while your uvula is in proximity to the root of your tongue)

I can only pronounce the unvoiced version of that like the "ch" in Bach.

:p

[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2dgrG-VJaM[/video]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back