「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Apr 15, 2014 at 9:34 PM Post #110,611 of 177,745
Looking at the vid picture makes me really not want to click it Accoun, but I share in your sorrow.

Then there's when this happens and well...

Lol. Priceless.

Apr 15, 2014 at 9:49 PM Post #110,612 of 177,745
  Pure speculation on my behalf. History alone proves China unfit to rule the world; internal conflicts, flawed fundamentals. Even with post 2005 conservative policies, China still has a lot going on inside its borders.

And the second part is just me re-stating an old saying I heard in my hometown. They like to joke about the corruption within the last few years. 

We can have a chat over Skype on these subjects if you are interested. PM me your skype if you wish. 

It's a very complicated issue that isn't getting any favors being done through positive-reinforcement indoctrination/confirmation that people often use when 'joking' and saying random stuff that is based off speculation. 

Apr 15, 2014 at 10:00 PM Post #110,613 of 177,745
Oh my... I actually liked the third Madoka movie, somewhat very fitting yet twisty.

Apr 15, 2014 at 10:48 PM Post #110,615 of 177,745
Trigger would be a good start. But personally, if you're going to just stick to one studio then SHAFT is a safe bet.

Shaft can be meh if one isn't a fanboy.. I still don't get the Monogatari hype : (
There are some shows I really like from them though. (Arakawa, Hidamari, Soredemo)

Sora o Miageru Shōjo no Hitomi ni Utsuru Sekai = Munto. It's the last one I have to watch...and there's a reason I never watched it.... thanks for verifying my fears lol. I'm going to watch it though. 9 episodes is short enough that I can handle it.

While on the topic. Since I will be completing the Kyoani collection with Munto, what studio should I move on to next? I listed some that seem to do more good than bad anime below.

SHAFT
Bones
Ufotable
A-1
PA Works

Now that I think of it man there are a lot of studios. Other than the big ones like Toei and Sunrise, you have Xebec, JC Staff, Studio Deen, etc that all have really big catalogues. Then you have the small studios usually made up defectors from other big ones like David Production (Gonzo), Silver Link (JC Staff), Trigger (Gainax), etc. My brain hurts now -_-

I actually would put A-1 in blacklist, its like only less than 10% of their production are actually good when I check the wiki...

My bet would be something like Ufotable > BrainsBase > PA or Bones > ProductionIG or Madhouse > JC > Sunrise

Oh my... I actually liked the third Madoka movie, somewhat very fitting yet twisty.

I bought the blu-ray, yeah :D
Haven't even watch 1st and 2nd orz...

Apr 15, 2014 at 10:49 PM Post #110,616 of 177,745
It's a Brave New World. Big Brother has been here since 1984 and before 
biggrin.gif

Apr 15, 2014 at 11:31 PM Post #110,618 of 177,745
  Shaft can be meh if one isn't a fanboy.. I still don't get the Monogatari hype : (
There are some shows I really like from them though. (Arakawa, Hidamari, Soredemo)

Thank god I'm not the who likes shaft for something other than Monogatari.   Now that finals are coming up I've turned to Hidamari Sketch to escape the stress. 

Apr 16, 2014 at 12:36 AM Post #110,620 of 177,745
Kill/Death ratio of 3 against hard bots. Notbad.jpg considering this game was played on the bus with a trackpad. XD

Lol. Played much Competitive yet? I am currently addicted (largely thanks to csgolounge.com and reddit.com/r/csgobetting. Esports, suddenly interesting). Sadly the closest servers to me are in Singapore and I'm getting 120 ping average......

No I don't really play online. I usually play offline with bots to pass time while on the bus or just for fun. The last time I played Counter Strike online was with Counter Strike: Source and people kept killing me within 10 seconds of spawning. -_-

Apr 16, 2014 at 1:08 AM Post #110,621 of 177,745
No I don't really play online. I usually play offline with bots to pass time while on the bus or just for fun. The last time I played Counter Strike online was with Counter Strike: Source and people kept killing me within 10 seconds of spawning. -_-

Ahh. Still the Competitive matchmaking is great IMO. Playing CS how it's actually meant to be played 5v5, best of 30 rounds just elevates it to another level as an FPS. Ranking system manages to keep players within their skill level and helps them improve as well.

Apr 16, 2014 at 1:18 AM Post #110,622 of 177,745
Ahh... I wish I could go to one of the VGL concerts, especially Level 2. Halo Montage, castlevania Overture, Advent Rising Overture, FF Solo Piano Medley. Good gawd.

[Rule]

I'm addicted to Camellia's voice in WI[RE/ED] Puzzle.

Apr 16, 2014 at 4:43 AM Post #110,624 of 177,745
I think Antarctica should just take over the world. No one could possibly stop their military might and technology. Those penguins are just a decoy.....

Not to mention the amount of natural resources stored in Antarctica. Those guys must have plenty of oil to wage war with.

? Did I miss a post or something? I suppose a world with no 2D women can be considered a dystopia for us nerds.

Pffft. I prefer Minkowski girls over planar girls any day, and I would consider myself a prime example of a nerd.

Apr 16, 2014 at 5:41 AM Post #110,625 of 177,745
I'm ok with this

I absolutely do not mean to brag, but I am very happy with my life choice of studying mathematics. While I didn't really consider it when I chose to do this, the job opportunities of a mathematician are much better than would expect. I chose to study what I like the most, and it also turns out to be the one providing the best job opportunities. (I know this one is for the US, but I have seen similar results that apply to my country in specific)

Somehow this feels so unreal. Almost unfair, but I won't complain about it either.

Maybe it's because the amount of people that are good at mathematics is quite small.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back