「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Mar 18, 2014 at 9:32 PM Post #107,821 of 177,745
Interesting.
http://kotaku.com/sony-announces-virtual-reality-is-coming-to-the-playsta-1546773778

I don't see it competing with the Oculus Rift.
Just sayin.

Mar 18, 2014 at 9:46 PM Post #107,823 of 177,745
  Interesting.
http://kotaku.com/sony-announces-virtual-reality-is-coming-to-the-playsta-1546773778

I don't see it competing with the Oculus Rift.
Just sayin.

Oculus Rift is backed by tons and tons of indie developers (HATSUNE MIKU SOFTWARE!!). I honestly wished big companies like Sony backed off for a bit, but then we can all just laugh and go along with the Oculus Rift.

Any how.

I watched Coppelion, I don't read manga, because the people who read the manga gave it a 6.5 or less on MyAnimeList.
I give it an 8, it was unique, amazing, and downright eyecandy. The only reason it's not a 10 is due to the many out-of-place stuff thrown into there.

Mar 18, 2014 at 10:20 PM Post #107,825 of 177,745
@Maken-ki 8

Parody of the famous downfall scene FTW
biggrin.gif

Mar 18, 2014 at 10:21 PM Post #107,827 of 177,745

I actually thought for a moment that the shadow behind Tsukiko was real.

How do the SR-202's sound?

Incredibly detailed, and yet very effortless. They're really airy too which I like a lot. Although I have the problem where I need to update a lot of my music as I compression at 192 kbps and even 320 kbps for some songs are glaringly obvious. But yeah, I really mainly love how detailed they are without being analytical or harsh at all.
  Whoa, they shipped those all the way over from Japan without the original box or any styrofoam surrounding the 202s? And they survived? 
blink.gif

// Insert standard recommendation of getting 507 pads here

Lol, nice monitor stand! And I dig the tsukiko figure! :D

You know, you might just be right about that...
And you can be the trendsetter for that, before it went mainstream!
It's not like everyone got them all at once though. You got them, what, two years ago? Then Mice and I got our entry STAX sets around 8 months ago?

Indeed. At the price we paid for them, I don't think there's any dynamic combo that can touch the resolution for anywhere near the price.
In fact, I'm so satisfied with mine that I'm not really looking at too many sub-$1000 headphones anymore.
There is just a little something they lack though. It's hard to describe, but you might notice it after a while. It's almost like they sound too fast or thin or something to sound completely natural and "organic". I still can't formulate a clear view on how much I like mine, but I do know I like them a lot. 
biggrin.gif

Because they're glorious, of course!

It was actually shipped really well, wrapped in like 3 layers of bubble wrap with giant air cushions all over. It's in really great condition.

I probably will need the 507 pads as these ones are kinda coming off plus the pleather does make you sweat, in a paycheck or two though! Oh also the fact that there's straight up zero foam which is probably bad for dust.

But yeah, I know what you mean, really the only way to move up now feels like the SR-007mkII or the SR-009 which isn't exactly within budget haha. Maybe the HD800 would be an option too, I'll need to try it sometime.

See, that's one thing I'm not quite sure about. The "air" level on mine doesn't sound particularly elevated, it's just that most of my other stuff sucks in comparison, IMO. 
tongue.gif

None of the FR graphs show the "air" portion of the treble is very elevated.

Huh, nice. Mine came in the original box with one layer of bubble wrap over it to "disguise" what was inside. XD

Yup, I think the leather pads make them a bit nicer! Try and get them from Amazon Japan though for half the American price. But before you do that, we should compare each other's units. :D

The next "upgrade" I do on my headphones will probably the 007 MKI or MKII. Not until after graduation probably though, hehe

And yet the UE900 still sounds like crap... 
redface.gif

Wow wow wow, let's take a deep breath and take a seat. We wouldn't want to say anything we'll come to regret later on, there's no turning back the clock mate.

Mark my words Unity. Don't bother with the UE900. Why do you think I sold my pair? XD

There you go.

Also I have this daki, I need to buy a bigger insert though as my current pillow is 4ft or something so there's a lot of hangoff.

What character is that?

All you have to do is import them from Japan, then you pay the same price as we did.
I wouldn't just say it's a "thin" sounding headphone and call it a day. It's really a weird phenomenon. I think the treble peak on the HE-500 makes them sound brighter, IMO.

It all started with @deadlylover and @lugia862 spreading the bug to everyone and it grew from there. 
biggrin.gif

30% import taxes etc.

The HE-500 is the best headphone I ever tried. That's why I would buy it :p

I really want to try some STAX...

You really should try some STAX. I honestly do think they're not as bright as the 500. Also, last time I checked, $250 plus 30% import tax is still less than the $500 HE-500. :p

Thanks!

Meh, needs more nekomimi and less human :3
http://www.amazon.com/Oreimo-Decorative-Hugging-Pillow-Double-sided/dp/B00FS306F8#immersive_view?1395184886775

Is that the one you have? O.o

Hamster is more Mao's style

Daww, moe moe kyun!

Dat fanart is kinda mediocore...
Oh taobao, that explains everything.

To answer Tom, I don't like anime any more than I did pre-STAX era. Actually I probably like it less now that the STAX are much more revealing of the crap mastered opening and ending themes. XD

The STAX have a really unique sound with their effortlessness. No other headphone sounds like it. It just sounds so natural to me. With other headphones, you know a headphone is on your head, but with STAX, it's more transparent and real.

Cues bowei and pro-Mao stuff.
biggrin.gif

Sibilant "KYAAAAAAA!"s all the way.

Stop teasing me!

He should pop up here any minute.

Pretty sure "KYAA" is more in the range of upper mid/lower treble resonances, neither of which the STAX have. There's also very little sibilance though.

Lol

Mar 18, 2014 at 10:22 PM Post #107,828 of 177,745
To answer Tom, I don't like anime any more than I did pre-STAX era. Actually I probably like it less now that the STAX are much more revealing of the crap mastered opening and ending themes. XD

The STAX have a really unique sound with their effortlessness. No other headphone sounds like it. It just sounds so natural to me. With other headphones, you know a headphone is on your head, but with STAX, it's more transparent and real.

Meh. Even HD800 cannot stop me from listening crappy mastering anisong and doujin XD
I think proper HD800 setup sound very natural too (didn't have good experience on tube amps btw, Liquid Fire was ok but nothing special, the Crack was simply horrible to me), and I may actually slightly prefer HD800 to highend STAXs from my experience so far, hmm need to get one to listen at home soon or later =_=

Personally I am not interested in current VR solutions at all, something like NerveGear is definitely the way to go. Its just meaningless to move real body in real space to do something in the VR...

Mar 18, 2014 at 10:22 PM Post #107,829 of 177,745
Oh yeah, and I just got bach from the Microsoft employee store at Microsoft! 
biggrin.gif

Mar 18, 2014 at 10:24 PM Post #107,830 of 177,745

I think it's Patchouli from Touhou, and somebody else I cant quite get my finger on. I think the other might be Alice from Touhou, but the cosplay isn't quite accurate.

lol I thought the one is Alice but the pink one keep make me thinking milky holmes...

Mar 18, 2014 at 10:27 PM Post #107,832 of 177,745
:
Ah I see, well most accounts say that under normal non-server/write intensive use, a SSD with whatever MTBF is the norm. will last you something like 10 years.

As for RAM, I have never had a failed module, I'd like to think because I stick with decent companies. I have used Corsair, Crucial, and Patriot in all of my post DDR builds including PCs I have built for family members. Back in the EDO and SD RAM days I couldn't tell you for sure what I used, I do think Kingston has always been overpriced but when I revived a DDR2 build a few years back they were the only company that made 2GB DIMMS at a reasonable price.

People seem to have decent luck with the gskill stuff. The only ones I actively stay clear of are Geil and Mushkin.

I'd imagine so too 
blink.gif

As for mushkin... i've heard that they tend to discontinue and die quickly.
  ^YESSS

I will marathon it after :D

I'm not far behind

I have problems with marathons...  can't stop once I start.
Haven't read that in about two years, maybe I'll catch up some time after it has ended completely.

-- this is a lie. Still haven't finished punpun --

I still haven't checked kimi no iru machi and sora no otoshimono

Mar 18, 2014 at 10:29 PM Post #107,833 of 177,745

Users who are viewing this thread

Back