How do I even open this box?

Ohhhhh, silly Japanese boxes

Yeaaaaaaa, SR-202

Glad it was packaged really nicely

SRM-212, tested it out, all worked

That's where my amp sits

Need to find a place on my desk for my headphone stand

Bonus Tsukiko figurine picture

Whoa, they shipped those all the way over from Japan without the original box or any styrofoam surrounding the 202s? And they survived? 
blink.gif

// Insert standard recommendation of getting 507 pads here

Lol, nice monitor stand! And I dig the tsukiko figure! :D

Everyone getting SR-202's... It really seems it's this thread's most popular headphone.

You know, you might just be right about that...
And you can be the trendsetter for that, before it went mainstream!
It's not like everyone got them all at once though. You got them, what, two years ago? Then Mice and I got our entry STAX sets around 8 months ago?

Everyone getting SR-202's... It really seems it's this thread's most popular headphone.

Well they ARE really great. My god there's so much detail I didn't even notice with my HF5.

EDIT: It's so effortless too. Like in the beginning of a song I was listening to there was a wind sound and it's been windy recently so I looked toward my window because I thought it was open.

Indeed. At the price we paid for them, I don't think there's any dynamic combo that can touch the resolution for anywhere near the price.
In fact, I'm so satisfied with mine that I'm not really looking at too many sub-$1000 headphones anymore.
There is just a little something they lack though. It's hard to describe, but you might notice it after a while. It's almost like they sound too fast or thin or something to sound completely natural and "organic". I still can't formulate a clear view on how much I like mine, but I do know I like them a lot. 
biggrin.gif

I'm not quiet sure why.

Because they're glorious, of course!

Mar 18, 2014 at 6:44 PM Post #107,793 of 177,750
  Guess what arrived!

How do I even open this box?

Ohhhhh, silly Japanese boxes

Yeaaaaaaa, SR-202

Glad it was packaged really nicely

SRM-212, tested it out, all worked

That's where my amp sits

Need to find a place on my desk for my headphone stand

Bonus Tsukiko figurine picture

I actually thought for a moment that the shadow behind Tsukiko was real.

How do the SR-202's sound?

Mar 18, 2014 at 6:47 PM Post #107,794 of 177,750
  Indeed. At the price we paid for them, I don't think there's any dynamic combo that can touch the resolution for anywhere near the price.
In fact, I'm so satisfied with mine that I'm not really looking at too many sub-$1000 headphones anymore.
There is just a little something they lack though. It's hard to describe, but you might notice it after a while. It's almost like they sound too fast or thin or something to sound completely natural and "organic". I still can't formulate a clear view on how much I like mine, but I do know I like them a lot. 
biggrin.gif

For the price I would have to pay here for some STAX I would just get myself some HE-500 :p
I'm also super not a fan of thin sounding headphones. Lukewarm and musical is where it's at! At least for me.

Sure, but why are all STAX owners gathering in this thread?
Do STAX headphones make you like anime or do anime make you like STAX headphones?

Mar 18, 2014 at 6:49 PM Post #107,795 of 177,750
The Monogatari/SHAFT vibe is strong in Mawaru Penguindrum!

This show is getting weirder and more fabulous with each episode :3

Mar 18, 2014 at 7:02 PM Post #107,796 of 177,750

biggrin.gif

For the price I would have to pay here for some STAX I would just get myself some HE-500 :p
I'm also super not a fan of thin sounding headphones. Lukewarm and musical is where it's at! At least for me.

Sure, but why are all STAX owners gathering in this thread?
Do STAX headphones make you like anime or do anime make you like STAX headphones?

All you have to do is import them from Japan, then you pay the same price as we did.
I wouldn't just say it's a "thin" sounding headphone and call it a day. It's really a weird phenomenon. I think the treble peak on the HE-500 makes them sound brighter, IMO.

It all started with @deadlylover and @lugia862 spreading the bug to everyone and it grew from there. 
biggrin.gif

Mar 18, 2014 at 7:07 PM Post #107,797 of 177,750
  I actually thought for a moment that the shadow behind Tsukiko was real.

How do the SR-202's sound?

Incredibly detailed, and yet very effortless. They're really airy too which I like a lot. Although I have the problem where I need to update a lot of my music as I compression at 192 kbps and even 320 kbps for some songs are glaringly obvious. But yeah, I really mainly love how detailed they are without being analytical or harsh at all.
  Whoa, they shipped those all the way over from Japan without the original box or any styrofoam surrounding the 202s? And they survived? 
blink.gif

// Insert standard recommendation of getting 507 pads here

Lol, nice monitor stand! And I dig the tsukiko figure! :D

You know, you might just be right about that...
And you can be the trendsetter for that, before it went mainstream!
It's not like everyone got them all at once though. You got them, what, two years ago? Then Mice and I got our entry STAX sets around 8 months ago?

biggrin.gif

It was actually shipped really well, wrapped in like 3 layers of bubble wrap with giant air cushions all over. It's in really great condition.

I probably will need the 507 pads as these ones are kinda coming off plus the pleather does make you sweat, in a paycheck or two though! Oh also the fact that there's straight up zero foam which is probably bad for dust.

But yeah, I know what you mean, really the only way to move up now feels like the SR-007mkII or the SR-009 which isn't exactly within budget haha. Maybe the HD800 would be an option too, I'll need to try it sometime.

Mar 18, 2014 at 7:08 PM Post #107,798 of 177,750

OMG! XD this made my day.

Do you have a copy with no words on it?

I heard the manga ending is really messed up and that it throws all the goodness built up earlier into the garbage.

If you've only watched the anime sure the manga ending seems messed up but when you actually read the manga and see how it builds up it makes sense and is still really cute.

Mestup? Do you know what I have laying on my bed right now?

A ruri-chan hug pillow... one sides naughtier then the other...

http://oreimo.wikia.com/wiki/Ruri_Gokou

I'll just let that sink in while I get the door, some bozo keeps slaming on it talking bout FBI this and evidence that. I tell you, no respect these guys, no respect at all.

That aside, Usagi Drop is one of the best heartfelt stories I've experienced in my entire life! The story was well paced, characters well written, and the art style well implemented.

Every sec I spent watching UD increased my happiness bar by a factor of 2! By the time the ending came around, someone could have; stolen all my belonging, striped me of my clothes, inserted a 12" blade into my back, locked me in the trunk of a car, driven said car into a river, and I would still be in a state of bliss until my last die'ing breath, uttering the words brilliance, adorable, and enchanting as I approach the pearly white gates.

Hopefully I won't encounter a trap door leading to the glow of suffering as it seems trolling is a famous past time of this guy....

And yet the UE900 still sounds like crap... :xf_eek:

Wow wow wow, let's take a deep breath and take a seat. We wouldn't want to say anything we'll come to regret later on, there's no turning back the clock mate.

Mar 18, 2014 at 7:14 PM Post #107,799 of 177,750
OMG! XD this made my day.

Do you have a copy with no words on it?

Mestup? Do you know what I have laying on my bed right now?

A ruri-chan hug pillow... one sides naughtier then the other...

http://oreimo.wikia.com/wiki/Ruri_Gokou

I'll just let that sink in while I get the door, some bozo keeps slaming on it talking bout FBI this and evidence that. I tell you, no respect these guys, no respect at all.

That aside, Usagi Drop is one of the best heartfelt stories I've experienced in my entire life! The story was well paced, characters well written, and the art style well implemented.

Every sec I spent watching UD increased my happiness bar by a factor of 2! By the time the ending came around, someone could have; stolen all my belonging, striped me of my clothes, inserted a 12" blade into my back, locked me in the trunk of a car, driven said car into a river, and I would still be in a state of bliss until my last die'ing breath, uttering the words brilliance, adorable, and enchanting as I approach the pearly white gates.

Hopefully I won't encounter a trap door leading to the glow of suffering as it seems trolling is a famous past time of this guy....
Wow wow wow, let's take a deep breath and take a seat. We wouldn't want to say anything we'll come to regret later on, there's no turning back the clock mate.

There you go.

Also I have this daki, I need to buy a bigger insert though as my current pillow is 4ft or something so there's a lot of hangoff.

Mar 18, 2014 at 7:17 PM Post #107,800 of 177,750
  All you have to do is import them from Japan, then you pay the same price as we did.
I wouldn't just say it's a "thin" sounding headphone and call it a day. It's really a weird phenomenon. I think the treble peak on the HE-500 makes them sound brighter, IMO.

It all started with @deadlylover and @lugia862 spreading the bug to everyone and it grew from there. 
biggrin.gif

30% import taxes etc.

The HE-500 is the best headphone I ever tried. That's why I would buy it :p

I really want to try some STAX...

Mar 18, 2014 at 7:24 PM Post #107,801 of 177,750

There you go.

Also I have this daki, I need to buy a bigger insert though as my current pillow is 4ft or something so there's a lot of hangoff.

Thanks!

Meh, needs more nekomimi and less human :3

http://www.amazon.com/Oreimo-Decorative-Hugging-Pillow-Double-sided/dp/B00FS306F8#immersive_view?1395184886775

30% import taxes etc.

The HE-500 is the best headphone I ever tried. That's why I would buy it :p

I really want to try some STAX...

I'm hoping to try out the 009 at the SoCal meet :smiley:

Mar 18, 2014 at 7:51 PM Post #107,804 of 177,750

Hamster is more Mao's style

O gaud! I don't even know what to believe in anymore. It's so hard having to choose....

「えらべ!」

I got it! A hybrid! But what mixture? The cat ears have to stay, I simply can not let this go.... I SIMPLY CAN'T!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back