「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Mar 18, 2014 at 7:53 PM Post #107,806 of 177,745
This is pretty great!

I watched SZS but don't remember this song showing up in any episode.
Or is this just a very elaborate AMV?

Mar 18, 2014 at 7:54 PM Post #107,807 of 177,745
no meng. Just so many reviews saying that they die quick scared me away. Only intel (510/520 and/or the 3xx did well iirc) and samsung were the ones that I saw back then that had decent reviews (people went hardcore bashing on OCZ).

But I just got one recently for the new computer (120 gb @ $80ish)

And question: what RAM as good for the buck? I've known for the past few years corsair's fine. Just am finding 8gb of ram ~$100 (unless it's gskill @ newegg)

Ah I see, well most accounts say that under normal non-server/write intensive use, a SSD with whatever MTBF is the norm. will last you something like 10 years.

As for RAM, I have never had a failed module, I'd like to think because I stick with decent companies. I have used Corsair, Crucial, and Patriot in all of my post DDR builds including PCs I have built for family members. Back in the EDO and SD RAM days I couldn't tell you for sure what I used, I do think Kingston has always been overpriced but when I revived a DDR2 build a few years back they were the only company that made 2GB DIMMS at a reasonable price.

People seem to have decent luck with the gskill stuff. The only ones I actively stay clear of are Geil and Mushkin.

Mar 18, 2014 at 8:02 PM Post #107,811 of 177,745

How about a pic of your hug pillow tom, don't worry, I'll still accept you even if you don't neko... maybe.

Stay tuned for my next impression/review. I am currently watching the most Neko show since Nyanpire or Samuarai Pizza cats even.

Mar 18, 2014 at 8:18 PM Post #107,812 of 177,745

How about a pic of your hug pillow tom, don't worry, I'll still accept you even if you don't neko... maybe.

I don't own one.
I don't want one.
But if I had to choose, it might look something like this.....

It's the OP from the third season, Zan Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei

Oh my ******* god!
You know what I just ******* realized?
I only watched the first season of SZS!!!
Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?!
Total brainfart.
I don't even.....I just want to sleep :'(

Mar 18, 2014 at 8:20 PM Post #107,813 of 177,745
I found the lack of nekomimi disturbing.

Mar 18, 2014 at 8:25 PM Post #107,814 of 177,745

Indeed. At the price we paid for them, I don't think there's any dynamic combo that can touch the resolution for anywhere near the price.
In fact, I'm so satisfied with mine that I'm not really looking at too many sub-$1000 headphones anymore.
There is just a little something they lack though. It's hard to describe, but you might notice it after a while. It's almost like they sound too fast or thin or something to sound completely natural and "organic". I still can't formulate a clear view on how much I like mine, but I do know I like them a lot. :D

Because they're glorious, of course!

For the price I would have to pay here for some STAX I would just get myself some HE-500 :p

I'm also super not a fan of thin sounding headphones. Lukewarm and musical is where it's at! At least for me.

Sure, but why are all STAX owners gathering in this thread?

Do STAX headphones make you like anime or do anime make you like STAX headphones?

All you have to do is import them from Japan, then you pay the same price as we did.
I wouldn't just say it's a "thin" sounding headphone and call it a day. It's really a weird phenomenon. I think the treble peak on the HE-500 makes them sound brighter, IMO.

To answer Tom, I don't like anime any more than I did pre-STAX era. Actually I probably like it less now that the STAX are much more revealing of the crap mastered opening and ending themes. XD

The STAX have a really unique sound with their effortlessness. No other headphone sounds like it. It just sounds so natural to me. With other headphones, you know a headphone is on your head, but with STAX, it's more transparent and real.

Everyone getting SR-202's... It really seems it's this thread's most popular headphone.

And I'm the odd one out hehe

That's cuz electrostats don't fare too well in the HK weather. XD

Mao approves.

Cues bowei and pro-Mao stuff. :D

Mar 18, 2014 at 8:36 PM Post #107,815 of 177,745
  I found the lack of nekomimi disturbing.

I could always stitch a pair on the pillow if I feel like it.
Neko-mode Chitanda!

To answer Tom, I don't like anime any more than I did pre-STAX era. Actually I probably like it less now that the STAX are much more revealing of the crap mastered opening and ending themes. XD

The STAX have a really unique sound with their effortlessness. No other headphone sounds like it. It just sounds so natural to me. With other headphones, you know a headphone is on your head, but with STAX, it's more transparent and real.

Cues bowei and pro-Mao stuff.
biggrin.gif

Sibilant "KYAAAAAAA!"s all the way.

Stop teasing me!

He should pop up here any minute.

Mar 18, 2014 at 8:47 PM Post #107,816 of 177,745
Mestup? Do you know what I have laying on my bed right now?

A ruri-chan hug pillow... one sides naughtier then the other...

http://oreimo.wikia.com/wiki/Ruri_Gokou

TMI

I haven't read or watch either version of it, I'm just repeating what my friend (who has similar tastes in manga as me) said about it. Messed up not as in the subject matter is taboo, but as in it ruined the good feelings built up by the story and left a bad taste in one's mouth.

Mar 18, 2014 at 9:08 PM Post #107,820 of 177,745

Users who are viewing this thread

Back