「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Nov 23, 2013 at 5:21 PM Post #95,701 of 177,750

University Website?

It's more credible in seeing that you are a University student maybe. 

How come?
I have a @uu.nl email address. Everyone at least here in the Netherlands should know that means Utrecht University.
Why would something like @uu.edu be more credible? Sure it has a fancy '.edu', but it distinguishes education as something special, which is something to which I object. Then again I don't really care either. I'll just find it stupid, but not for any particularly good reason.

Basically, having a .edu address in the states is the easiest way for companies to verify that you are a student so that they can give you discounts on stuff.

Nov 23, 2013 at 5:54 PM Post #95,703 of 177,750
How come?
I have a @uu.nl email address. Everyone at least here in the Netherlands should know that means Utrecht University.
Why would something like @uu.edu be more credible? Sure it has a fancy '.edu', but it distinguishes education as something special, which is something to which I object. Then again I don't really care either. I'll just find it stupid, but not for any particularly good reason.

Oh I see what you mean now by that.

It's for the reason that Eve wants the edu address. It's easier for companies to see the edu than to record every single educational address I guess

Yay CleverBot...

That was quite amusing

Nov 23, 2013 at 6:53 PM Post #95,704 of 177,750
I know, you people don't like Metal, but I will post this video here anyway.
It is by my second favorite Band ever, Alcest.
You might be a bit surprised :wink:

(Spoiler: No screaming dudes involved)

Nov 23, 2013 at 7:20 PM Post #95,706 of 177,750
Never understood the whole .edu thing.
Here we just use the university's website. I don't see why using .edu makes it look any more distinguished or credible.

Basically, having a .edu address in the states is the easiest way for companies to verify that you are a student so that they can give you discounts on stuff.

Though to be honest, most companies don't check if you're a student or not. They don't care. If the small discount is enough incentive to get you to buy a more expensive product, they'll still benefit. 

It was a bit surprising when I ordered a Macbook from Apple yesturday. I went into their education store and they didn't ask for any identification, email whatsoever. I clicked in, bought, and they shipped it out. :)

I'll be returning that one too though, since it is still cheaper with Best Buy's sale.

Nov 23, 2013 at 7:50 PM Post #95,707 of 177,750
Does anyone have any personal experience with fixing dead pixel rows on LCD computer monitors? I tried some stuff I read online like massaging it and that hasnt helped.

Sorry for bad pic, phone picture + lightbulb in my room is dead

Nov 23, 2013 at 8:00 PM Post #95,708 of 177,750
Does anyone have any personal experience with fixing dead pixel rows on LCD computer monitors? I tried some stuff I read online like massaging it and that hasnt helped.

Sorry for bad pic, phone picture + lightbulb in my room is dead

Hit it with a baseball bat. Not even joking.
[rule]
Welp, I returned from the M$ store with a tablet that can play Anime like I want :3

Nov 23, 2013 at 10:26 PM Post #95,710 of 177,750
HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Nov 23, 2013 at 10:46 PM Post #95,713 of 177,750
It's times like these that anime truly flourish

I don't have 95% of my tech and am armed with a Mac, phone, mouse and DAP. What do I do?

About to start watching some Gundam classics. Starting off with the non classic Gundam Seed Stargazer before I move into the original Mobile Suit Gundam

Nov 24, 2013 at 12:10 AM Post #95,715 of 177,750

Users who are viewing this thread

Back