「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Nov 4, 2013 at 8:57 PM Post #94,220 of 177,750
  I could still use some pie/cake recipes here :'(

*heads over to the DUNU DN-1000 to find Armaegis' awesome looking pie...*
*sees mechy was selected as one of the winners*
*text's mechy!!*
*forgets to get the pie link*

http://www.head-fi.org/t/686958/dunu-hybrid-earphone-dn-1000-giveaway-winner-anounced/75#post_9937270
http://www.head-fi.org/t/686958/dunu-hybrid-earphone-dn-1000-giveaway-winner-anounced/90#post_9940407

You should ask the man, those things he made look delicious. Though I'll admit I am quite partial to rhubarb.

@ Fountain Pen people

Anyway. So I submerge my nub and full tip into the ink to draw up ink into my converter. There is still some space left between the top of the 'plugner' and the ink level. Is this normal?

Next, I need to angle my nub in a way sometimes to get the ink to flow. Is this normal?

Do I need to ever touch the plunger again once I've filled it? Say push it in a bit to push more ink through or never touch it until I need to refill again?

I find that I can't write 'upright' and need to angle my nub. Does this have any ramifications.

I find that it works well with script and other 'flowing' writting but is hard at math when you constantly pick the nub up from the paper to start somewhere else.

Any tips?

Wait... correct me if I am wrong but isn't it nib?

Neon Genesis Evangelion is great.
Goes without saying.
And I guess that is why there is still so much NGE merch/whatever coming out :)

I guess I would buy one if I had an iPhone :3
http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10249099

What a strange combination. Would go there.
http://otakumode.com/news/5271f03dfc2712fa7100002d/Tokyo-Edition-of-Evangelion-and-Japanese-Swords-Exhibit-to-Be-Held-at-the-Mori-Art-Museum-in-Ueno-Starting-on-Nov-23

LOL that iPhone case...

I saw that Evangelion x Japanese sword exhibition's poster when I was in Osaka. It was being held there at the time. In the end I didn't have time to go...
But my friend who happened to go to Hyougo and Osaka at the time, he did manage to go check that exhibit out. Want me to post pics? I remember he did take some.

She is in 5th grade.
#AnimeAnatomy

To be fair one of the girls that I grew up with in the neighborhood had bigger than that in 5th grade.
It's not impossible, it's just rare. (yes, the rest of her body was thin too)

Nov 4, 2013 at 9:48 PM Post #94,221 of 177,750
  @ Fountain Pen people

Anyway. So I submerge my nub and full tip into the ink to draw up ink into my converter. There is still some space left between the top of the 'plugner' and the ink level. Is this normal?

Next, I need to angle my nub in a way sometimes to get the ink to flow. Is this normal?

Do I need to ever touch the plunger again once I've filled it? Say push it in a bit to push more ink through or never touch it until I need to refill again?

I find that I can't write 'upright' and need to angle my nub. Does this have any ramifications.

I find that it works well with script and other 'flowing' writting but is hard at math when you constantly pick the nub up from the paper to start somewhere else.

Any tips?

Just do a couple of refill and flush when you are refilling. Keeping the nib and the breather in the ink when you flush, you are not going to fill it all the way even if you do this but it will hold more ink.

Normally you don't need to touch the plunger until it is empty but it you feel the nib gets dry, you can try to force a small amount of ink out just to get it going again. Don't do it at someone's face.

Writing with a fp needed to be angled. That is just how it works, try adjusting your writing style if you can. I only write in "block" letters and do a lot of maths with it, found no problem with my pen.

Nov 4, 2013 at 10:50 PM Post #94,222 of 177,750
Grats mech on winning the dunu!

:frowning2:

Nov 4, 2013 at 11:23 PM Post #94,224 of 177,750
Grats mech on winning the dunu!

frown.gif

Hehehe, thanks! :D

Nov 5, 2013 at 12:30 AM Post #94,227 of 177,750
Little Buster S1 is all but an intro to Refain. It is really picking up now. Once again, getting same vibes as Clannad... And it's is glorious.

Nov 5, 2013 at 12:32 AM Post #94,228 of 177,750

She is in 5th grade.

#AnimeAnatomy

I thought she was in like 7th...but yeah #AnimeAnatomy indeed.

I thought so too, but someone referred to her as a 5th grader in the new episode :)

*heads over to the DUNU DN-1000 to find Armaegis' awesome looking pie...*
*sees mechy was selected as one of the winners*
*text's mechy!!*
*forgets to get the pie link*

http://www.head-fi.org/t/686958/dunu-hybrid-earphone-dn-1000-giveaway-winner-anounced/75#post_9937270
http://www.head-fi.org/t/686958/dunu-hybrid-earphone-dn-1000-giveaway-winner-anounced/90#post_9940407

You should ask the man, those things he made look delicious. Though I'll admit I am quite partial to rhubarb.

I saw that Evangelion x Japanese sword exhibition's poster when I was in Osaka. It was being held there at the time. In the end I didn't have time to go...
But my friend who happened to go to Hyougo and Osaka at the time, he did manage to go check that exhibit out. Want me to post pics? I remember he did take some.

To be fair one of the girls that I grew up with in the neighborhood had bigger than that in 5th grade.
It's not impossible, it's just rare. (yes, the rest of her body was thin too)

Rhubarb? Nice! Too bad the rhubarb season is already over.
You don't often see this kind of pie in Germany. The ones with the dough on top (no idea how to call that).

Yes, pictures please (if possible) :3

Okaaaay....
But still a lot more common in Anime dimension.

Congrats, Mechy!
(why did I not know of this contest...)

More free visual novels on Steam! (maybe)
http://www.japanator.com/narcissu-visual-novels-on-steam-greenlight-30283.phtml

Nov 5, 2013 at 12:36 AM Post #94,229 of 177,750

@ Fountain Pen people

Any tips?

Are you completely submerging the nib/tip into the ink?, you need to be submerging part of the "grip" in too (the part where you hold the pen). This is to eliminate any air seeping in while you're filling the pen, maximising your fill, you don't have to do this if you're refilling while out and about, it's a pain to clean off the ink if you're not at home. You don't need to fill the pen all the way, take the nib out of the ink when you have about two or three millimetres left of travel in the piston, pull the nib out of the ink, then fully pull the piston back, this will just take in the excess ink.

You'll still get an air air pocket in the pen, so invert the pen by pointing the nib up, and flick ink cartridge a few times to push the air bubble towards the feed, push and pull the piston slightly to take in the excess ink and to create a bubble path, then, push the piston to bleed out the feed. You'll see little bubbles start to bleed out along the edge where the nib meets the grip with a little bit of ink, you can slowly pull the piston back for a bit so the ink doesn't spill, then keep pushing until no more air bubbles come out. Back off *slightly* (~1/8 of a turn) to pull back some of the excess ink, or you can just start writing, but be careful not to get ink on your fingers. 
tongue.gif

It's perfectly fine to write at an angle, the pen will feel more scratchy if you're writing with it perpendicularly to the paper, and the ink won't flow as easily, you'll get used to it.

And yeah, you'll get an air pocket growing in the cartridge while writing, sometimes you wont though, and the piston will follow the ink level, this used to happen a lot on my old pen.

If you're having feed problems, it's okay repeat the bleeding process, I do it all the time, it takes 10 seconds once you're used to it. Your ink and paper choice does play a large role in this, I tend to need the nib charged up for any 'smooth' paper I come across.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back