「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Aug 4, 2013 at 1:20 AM Post #85,082 of 177,747
Quote:
You dun goofed, Calpis. Only way those will be presentable outside is if you paint it hot pink. Everything sounds better in hot pink just look at the graphs.

Actually, I've been worrying if the F111's connectors near the strain relief would fail like I managed to make it with the friend's TG334. The cable looks <slightly> thicker from the pics, or it could just be me.

I already was goofy looking enough going to akiba with my vintage yamaha + my T50RP. Both make me stick out like a sore thumb, branded IDIOT surely among Japanese fashionista.
Might have already made appearances on personal blogs about an idiot shopping around looking like that.

Not sure about the strain relief :S

Quote:

That's truly weird. What benefits do you gain in sound from jamming two IEMs?

What benefits do you gain in having multiple BA in a earphone? Same idea just different shells.
The BA200 has a nice slightly-warm balance, but lacks a little on the uppers. Very good mids.
The KH-C701 is right the opposite.
Now I'm taking the best of two worlds, minus the bass, which I need to compensate with +4 Bass EQ on the E17.

Aug 4, 2013 at 1:25 AM Post #85,084 of 177,747
Quote:
I already was goofy looking enough going to akiba with my vintage yamaha + my T50RP. Both make me stick out like a sore thumb, branded IDIOT surely among Japanese fashionista.
Might have already made appearances on personal blogs about an idiot shopping around looking like that.

What benefits do you gain in having multiple BA in a earphone? Same idea just different shells.
The BA200 has a nice slightly-warm balance, but lacks a little on the uppers. Very good mids.
Now I'm taking the best of two worlds, minus the bass, which I need to compensate with +4 Bass EQ on the E17.

You're afraid of sticking out like a sore geeky thumb? In Japan? 

Might be the best rudimentary crossover experiment I've encounter on the forum, kudos! 
Quote:
Sorry, if it's not a phone with a diamond screen, 6 TB internal memory with 12 microSD card slots, 32 GB of RAM, and a 24-core processor, dedicated 1 GB VRAM, 8760-hour battery life, and dual Wolfsen DACs, it will suck.

Hopefully by next quarter we can just strap a Tianhe-2 to our heads. Tired of the puny hardware coming out of these cheapo manufacturers.

Aug 4, 2013 at 1:29 AM Post #85,085 of 177,747
Quote:
If it's not a Sapphire crystal screen I won't hear of it.

The N900's probably the greatest phone to brace mankind though. Debian? On a phone? Say it ain't so...

Only those extremely overpriced Vertu phones have Sapphire Crystal displays.
I do love my N900 and it still is a unique phone but it's old now and it's lagging very much behind. It's time to move on now.

Quote:
Sorry, if it's not a phone with a diamond screen, 6 TB internal memory with 12 microSD card slots, 32 GB of RAM, and a 24-core processor, dedicated 1 GB VRAM, 8760-hour battery life, and dual Wolfsen DACs, it will suck.

One day... maybe. 
rolleyes.gif

Aug 4, 2013 at 1:30 AM Post #85,086 of 177,747
Quote:

Oh ok, I thought they were dynamic IEMs. Must be very weird to fit into your ears though.

Aug 4, 2013 at 1:39 AM Post #85,087 of 177,747
Quote:
Only those extremely overpriced Vertu phones have Sapphire Crystal displays.
I do love my N900 and it still is a unique phone but it's old now and it's lagging very much behind. It's time to move on now.

To be fair the Ubuntu Edge has the Sapphire. Granted, it's probably not going to work out. Thusly shattering all of my dreams.

Aug 4, 2013 at 1:44 AM Post #85,088 of 177,747
Quote:
To be fair the Ubuntu Edge has the Sapphire. Granted, it's probably not going to work out. Thusly shattering all of my dreams.

Will you be getting one? Did you pledge?

Aug 4, 2013 at 1:48 AM Post #85,089 of 177,747
Quote:
SnK is one of the few series, where I feel that if you read the manga after...

you will be disappointed.

Yeah, the anime basically takes the manga and makes it good
Quote:
Forgot to post this.

The fruit of my hard work. I'm surprised I found a comfortable position for these.
I'm totally going out like this today lol.
If not for the bass (either lack of seal with tips, or bass cancellation, or both) that is only about the levels of the Kenwood, the rest are sounding great :D

Why use two IEM's?
Quote:

That's truly weird. What benefits do you gain in sound from jamming two IEMs?

BTW, after 3+ years, I can finally say goodbye to my Nokia N900 and welcome the Oppo Find 5. 
biggrin.gif

BTW, anyone who can guess the name of the VN of that wallpaper gets massive kudos.

I'm still not used to the Android platform. This is my first Android experience so lots of things I need to learn.

Nice phone!
Quote:

For a second, I thought I was looking at requests made in DAP threads for the DAP they want a manufacturer to cheaply make at sub $200 but with the stuff you said above. 

Aug 4, 2013 at 2:07 AM Post #85,091 of 177,747
I need new amps to play around with. Maybe a 2Step or C5.

Going to be getting so many gear this year it's going to be hard fit Christmas shopping into the schedule too.

Aug 4, 2013 at 2:14 AM Post #85,092 of 177,747
Scratching my head.... do I really want a TH900?

Aug 4, 2013 at 2:23 AM Post #85,095 of 177,747
Quote:
I'm making my parents disappointed though...

Wasting my hard earned money of audio again...

How much do they cost in the land of the rising sun?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back