「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Aug 1, 2013 at 7:42 AM Post #84,631 of 177,750
Listening to Ichiban no Takaramono(Yui ver) on my new H-200s and it's actually sending chills down my spine like it's my first time hearing it. Wow!

Aug 1, 2013 at 7:58 AM Post #84,632 of 177,750
Quote:
Listening to Ichiban no Takaramono(Yui ver) on my new H-200s and it's actually sending chills down my spine like it's my first time hearing it. Wow!

Nice! Are you going to write a review?

Enjoying some Pelican with my SM64 :3
I think over 60% of the music I'm listening to is instrumental....vocals can be soooo annoying.
I also think that it's way harder to create a great atmosphere without vocals. All hail the instrumentals!

Aug 1, 2013 at 9:31 AM Post #84,633 of 177,750
Quote:

Objective 2. If you believe audiophools then either get one without the NJM2068 opamp or go with a Leckerton UHA-6S MKII

Wow, sounds like you have a pretty sweet deal going on!
I'm just heading off to college this fall at the University of Washington

I'm just lost when it comes to anything beyond headphones alone, so this will be an interesting pocket-burning journey.

I have to say I'm happy with my situation since University was sort of a waste of time for me, though it's not that great being a college dropout, and my old fashioned parents are pretty sad about it, my mother especially since she was bedridden the day she found out. In a way, I'm sort of the person in the category that society would deem "delinquent" and I have to put up with that look people give me when I tell them I dropped out when they as what year of college I'm in, or lie so that I won't have to put up with another lecture. It also doesn't help that I was on a scholarship when explaining my reasons to people, but at the same time, at least I'm up to my neck in student loans. I'm a little old fashioned, but I think taking large student loans is a HUGE mistake that all students should avoid, especially students who aren't majoring in science-related fields because of the lack of job security. The only reason I got work experience and was able to sustain myself financially after dropping out was because I knew someone. Sadly, when it comes to getting a job, your college degree, school GPA and even work experience doesn't really matter unless you first know someone. I just got lucky, that's all.

Aug 1, 2013 at 10:33 AM Post #84,637 of 177,750
Quote:
New audio rig:
Macbook ---HDMI---> Asus VS229H-P ---Analog---> Adam F5

Using my LCD screen as DAC
biggrin.gif

I should get an audiophool HDMI cable!!

...... well, goodbye audiophilia! lol

My ASUS has Digital Coaxial output only as its only form of audio output. Problem is, is that it probably has a schit ton of jitter.
Quote:
It seems like I'm back. 

Welcome back, and remember to always Think Awesome! 
biggrin.gif

Aug 1, 2013 at 10:40 AM Post #84,640 of 177,750
Streaming PCM data through HDMI sounds SOOOO much more transparent than bi-phase encoded S/PDIF or low-bandwidth USB!!!!
eek.gif

Pure 24/96 streaming via high-bandwidth HDMI bus:

Didn't see this coming did you?
I prevented this from showing in the "recent images box" XDD

Troll_Face.png

Aug 1, 2013 at 10:51 AM Post #84,641 of 177,750
Fuggin DHL, just deliver my CPU cooler already!
27°C outside and my current stupid stock-cooler sounds like an A380 taking off :'(

Aug 1, 2013 at 10:52 AM Post #84,642 of 177,750
Quote:
^ nice Abyss impressions
They look way too ugly...I think a 10 year old can come up with something better-looking. -.-

Can anyone translate these warnings? I want to make sure I'm using this voltage transformer in the proper manner:

Right, sorry forgot to translate this.
But there's a crap load of stuff in there so in a nutshell, do like most if not all transformers. A lot of it are common sense, or call for the definition of what a instruction/safety manual is so let's trim it down... Here's a few more important pointers (most of it being the second page):

1) This product is for 110V~130V inputs. Please only use this product in countries using these voltages.
2) Unplug product after use. (It could be the cause of accidents or fire)
3) Fully insert the plug when using it.
4) If there is dust on the transformer, wipe it. i.e. clean it occasionally so as to not accumulate dust. (Could cause overheating and hence fire)
5) Do not attempt to repair product yourself.
6) This product is rated for 35W; please check the power draw of the electronics you will plug to the transformer prior to use.
7) Light/lamps and motors have higher current draw than usual electronics so be careful with those. i.e. don't use it for lamps or motors unless you know it's safe.
8) If you are using it for over 30 minutes, ensure that the power drawn is under 80% of the power rating (35W).
9) If using it abroad, the plug may not fit all electrical sockets of each country. Please use an approriate adapter in such cases.
10) Any loss of data from the use of the product will not be covered by the company. Please take appropriate measures to save any important data. (i.e. if you're using it with the computer and this thing dies on you, they're clean from the case)
11) If the transformer emits smoke or weird noises, please shut it off and unplug it immediately. If you continue to use it, it can be the cause of fire.
12) Avoid use on power plugs in the powder/washroom because they may have different electric outputs.

Okay I'm done. That covers pretty much all you need to know... the rest, I leave it to your common sense... I don't think you need to be taught to not splash the thing with water haha, or not to pull the plug by the cord.

Quote:
Nekomimi group buy when?

Sure!

Aug 1, 2013 at 10:59 AM Post #84,644 of 177,750
Quote:
Fuggin DHL, just deliver my CPU cooler already!
27°C outside and my current stupid stock-cooler sounds like an A380 taking off :'(

LOL!!
It's 32˚C over here.... : (

Quote:
Right, sorry forgot to translate this.

Sigh~ so jelly..... one day... I'll be able to do this....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back