「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jun 20, 2013 at 11:16 PM Post #79,381 of 177,750
Quote:
As an azn...I'd never bother with shaving-fi. Especially when I only need to shave once a week. Genetics ftw.

Here are some options though(stuff I like to spend money on anyway):
  1. Pen-fi
  2. Shoe-fi
  3. Suit-fi
  4. Bicycle-fi
  5. Tea-fi
  6. DIY-fi
  7. Collect books
  8. Collect moar figurines
  9. Gym membership (bulk up Bowei, you're a skinny Panda)
  10. Food-fi
  11. Spirits-fi (as in Whiskey, Vodka, etc)
  12. Knife-fi (more cooking knives and fixed blade camping knives for me, but I'd like to get a few showpiece Opinels, Lagioules and maybe a really high end Sebenza or something)

Things that are also kinda interesting for enthusiasts:
  1. Flashlights/Torches
  2. Cameras
  3. Backpacks
  4. Clothes
  5. Wallets
  6. Sunglasses
  7. Watches

Yup, that's a pretty good list.

Jun 20, 2013 at 11:17 PM Post #79,382 of 177,750
Quote:

Our winters here can get warmer than 72F (22C). 
size]

After seeing that other thread in the lounge, how many people here have their monitor calibrated? It's been something I've wanted to get around to doing, but never have.

Is anyone up for a "Help deadly buy a monitor calibrator and ship it around the states for other AAMML members to calibrate their displays, then finally shipping it back to deadly"?

I'm thinking of getting the i1Display Pro, from B&H.

I would do it but I don't have a good monitor right now. That and most likely I'll get a monitor that TFTCentral.co.uk has a calibration profile for but it's better to do it by myself. I won't be building anything anytime soon though.

Jun 20, 2013 at 11:30 PM Post #79,383 of 177,750
Bowei, just sent you where to find me in the PM.

Ugh, back to the broken headphones I have. :frowning2:

Well, the left driver did stop working all together (or it was the right one, I don't remember) so I'll be using the previous version of the Apple earbuds. TT-TT

Also, I added you on Steam.

I thought your sister used them?

Be an audio reviewer somehow?

You missed my edited post. XD

and build a "cool" CMoy while you're at it too. :D
http://tangentsoft.net/audio/cmoy-tutorial/

Yours?! Nice!

Maybe ill look into building borisus amp

Jun 20, 2013 at 11:44 PM Post #79,386 of 177,750
Jun 21, 2013 at 12:18 AM Post #79,388 of 177,750
Quote:
Quote:
LOL, I agree.
Uh, you can ship books, CDs and DVDs outside of Japan, but everything else requires a forwarding service like Tenso.
Thanks for reminding me to sign into my steam account! 
Added you 
cool.gif

Kuboten's expensive though! D:
Hehe, nice!
You should add in wifi so that if you have multiple amps on the same network, they can stream the same information!
biggrin.gif

Heck yeah I'd help you out meng!
Still need to get a 3rd monitor first though~
*insert facepalm gif here*
http://www.head-fi.org/t/633511/pictures-of-your-portable-rig-part-xvi/4905#post_9543559

Nice.

Facepalm. Is that guy ranking batteries by sound?

Yep.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangster /img/forum/go_quote.gif

1. Knife-fi (more cooking knives and fixed blade camping knives for me, but I'd like to get a few showpiece Opinels, Lagioules and maybe a really high end Sebenza or something)

Yeah, he pretty much nailed it Panda, it's a great list.

The Sebenza is probably one of my best purchases I've made, such a great knife. I can't stand any of the 'tacticool' knives out there.

Almost eight years old and still going strong, I really need to invest in a EdgePro Apex sharpener though. ><

Heck yeah I'd help you out meng!
Still need to get a 3rd monitor first though~

Woohoo, we're up to two people now.

Knife fi is fun indeed! I'd post some, but I'm not sure of the legality...
Do different video cards need to be calibrated differently?
Read: Do I need to get a 7770/7850 before hand?
Quote:
Quote:
Yay for a commercial that tells us almost nothing!!!!11!1!!!

Learn moonspeak. Understand random previews!

Added you on steam pandaman. 

Haha, I found out later that's nekomonogatari white. Yay!!!

Jun 21, 2013 at 12:39 AM Post #79,390 of 177,750
Quote:
Watching The Green Hornet.
So far, so cheesy. Nice movie, so long as you aren't thinking.

This has got to be one of the most brainless films I've ever watched.

But Jay Chou mang! :p

Bowei you need to make an awesome CMoy like this:
http://runawaybrainz.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/audio-crystal-cmoy-freeform-headphone.html

and because Clannad is awesome and I should rewatch it (and finish After Story....):

Jun 21, 2013 at 1:30 AM Post #79,391 of 177,750
Quote:

and because Clannad is awesome and I should rewatch it (and finish After Story....):

Dangit, I need to rewatch it too while I still have access to my 5.1 system :frowning2:

Jun 21, 2013 at 2:25 AM Post #79,393 of 177,750
That reminds me, I haven't finished KS as well, since my external HDD died some time ago. What's more, I have access to the beta of Polish translation (surprisingly, 4LS allowed us to work on it, even if it was already quite some time after the release, while IIRC they have stated there will be only one wave of translations - that's around the release date). I'd have probably act as an actual tester, though.

That's weird. I read the same thing too that they disallowed further translation and development (development to work with VNDS :frowning2: ).

Completely given up on chrome and all chromium based browsers. IE10 is my main browser for now.

Nice.

Jun 21, 2013 at 3:12 AM Post #79,394 of 177,750
My current IEMs are schiit. Which is usually okay, but I've been listening to them a lot recently. And I need something better... Taking suggestions. 

Well. It worked!

I won't see this for another few months since all I use the Start Screen for is search... 

The desktop is pretty much the exact same as 7's with a few improvements like multimonitor taskbar... Pretty sure you wouldn't be losing anything moving to 8. 

Haha, I use my start menu pretty often... specially now that I cleared off my whole desktop.

Quote:
All of these looks nice, but so that's what I'm worried for. It just looks nice. Hopefully I can use Win8 for a while (didn't grabbed the chance to do that back when they did the prerelease thingy), since I've found my close to perfect optimized "workflow" like this:

Strictly from what I seen, I'm not looking forward to use the default Win8 UI. Yes I know there're ways to bring back the desktop, but I said so that the desktop isn't what I use, but it's the bar thingy.
inb4 bowei accuses you of being a commie for not embracing THE FUTURE!!!!!!!!!!
Refer to my reply to kalbee. And that was strictly based on what is shown in the screenshot. I'm not dismissing it altogether yet, it's just that I didn't have any chance to use it in a time length that I'm comfortable to give a definite answer.

I'll put everything in spoiler tag not to take too much space
This is where the start menu is--if you want to click it rather than press the start/windows button:

The above is when you right click rather than left click. I know it's currently in Japanese (testing stuff out atm) but it's somewhat like the usual right-hand-side of the start menu, where you get access to control panel and etc.

Down below is control panel and stuff. You can see that I have now set the taskbar to go on the right side of the screen, and that in doing so I am multi tasking and there are windows that are not in full screen.

How the desktop looks (I emptied most everything out).

Now as far as APPs go...

see the tiles that are by default plain colored? Like the Windows Store, Camera, Maps, and One Note MX? Those are Apps.

They open up in full screen. These are apps so they don't run on the desktop.

They tend to all have a loading screen with one solid color and words or icons in the center. I missed the timing so you see the loading screen fade out.

Here's in the app.

If you put your mouse to the upper left, you can left click to switch between apps or the regular Windows system, much like the way you can switch between tasks/apps on Android devices. Basically you can see the different apps + the window system open.

If you right click you can choose to close or snap to left or right.

This is with the stuff (Windows system, since I am currently on the app) snapped to the right.

Likewise I can either snap the app to the right/left, or just drag that middle black bar around to decrease the size of it.
I think it can only do full screen or this kind of snap proportion (1/4 vs 3/4), no in betweens.

So the AMD Hydravision is more flexible.

Some programs will allow you to choose how it will behave: like a windows software or like an app.

Chrome right now is set as desktop mode. But if I choose to launch it in Windows 8 mode, even if I open it via the .exe in Program Files it will launch as an app.
Needless to say, I don't like the apps function all that much since it lacks flexibility. Pretty much only use it for OneNoteMX in class.

Jun 21, 2013 at 4:09 AM Post #79,395 of 177,750
Okay, I'm going to frankenstein myself a cooler out of these two things:
http://www.mindfactory.de/product_info.php/tab/reviews/info/p808484_120x120x25-Noiseblocker-eLoop-B12-P-PWM.html#reviews

http://www.mindfactory.de/product_info.php/tab/reviews/info/p668518_Prolimatech-Samuel17-AMD-und-Intel-S775--1156--1366--AM2---AM3.html#reviews

Building all this in, is going to be interesting ^o^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back