「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jun 20, 2013 at 10:08 PM Post #79,366 of 177,750
Originally Posted by bowei006 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So we pitch in for a "rental" cost of the device and ship it back? I dont do anything graphically fancy though

Nope, I'll pay for the device and the express shipping for the last member to ship it to me.

You guys pay shipping to each other, sound fair?

Jun 20, 2013 at 10:13 PM Post #79,367 of 177,750
Nope, I'll pay for the device and the express shipping for the last member to ship it to me.

You guys pay shipping to each other, sound fair?
Nope. Not fair for you that is :D but you are a very nice guy offering it. Otherwise it is pretty awesome.

How many U.S members here that we trust? Like 4-8?

Jun 20, 2013 at 10:15 PM Post #79,368 of 177,750

Nope. Not fair for you that is
biggrin.gif
but you are a very nice guy offering it. Otherwise it is pretty awesome.

How many U.S members here that we trust? Like 4-8?

No idea, guess we gotta wait a little for the regulars to drop by.

Jun 20, 2013 at 10:43 PM Post #79,372 of 177,750
Jun 20, 2013 at 10:45 PM Post #79,373 of 177,750
Quote:
Hey deadly. Any other enthusiast things you recommend?

I know you do a lot of enthusiast stuff.

Im getting into fancier shaving blades and stuff right now. But its always good to be enthusiast about stuff

As an azn...I'd never bother with shaving-fi. Especially when I only need to shave once a week. Genetics ftw.

Here are some options though(stuff I like to spend money on anyway):
  1. Pen-fi
  2. Shoe-fi
  3. Suit-fi
  4. Bicycle-fi
  5. Tea-fi
  6. DIY-fi
  7. Collect books
  8. Collect moar figurines
  9. Gym membership (bulk up Bowei, you're a skinny Panda)
  10. Food-fi
  11. Spirits-fi (as in Whiskey, Vodka, etc)
  12. Knife-fi (more cooking knives and fixed blade camping knives for me, but I'd like to get a few showpiece Opinels, Lagioules and maybe a really high end Sebenza or something)

Things that are also kinda interesting for enthusiasts:
  1. Flashlights/Torches
  2. Cameras
  3. Backpacks
  4. Clothes
  5. Wallets
  6. Sunglasses
  7. Watches

Jun 20, 2013 at 10:47 PM Post #79,374 of 177,750
Quote:
Maybe they suck. Now play WoT!

No, they were actually pretty good. It was on one of the smaller "Domination" mode maps with only a single air field to capture. There was an insane cloud of 32 planes/players right at the airstrip and I managed to snag so many kills that we ended up winning by destroying all enemy planes. There were a few people near 3000 but I was the only one who broke the barrier and almost hit 4000 in experience/xp from hits/assists/kills.

WoT...well, I won't have time until the next break of sophomore year unless I don't make it into Project Oceanology during the summer (hopefully, I don't really like marine bio and such and I already didn't like it last year, this year I need to do the boarding camp version of it and can only go home on the weekends so no time for piano, sports, community service/LTS hours, school summer work, and fun).

Jun 20, 2013 at 10:55 PM Post #79,375 of 177,750
Quote:
Noone cares about Crysis anymore. Heard that acting as a TV tuner and recognizing gestures are the thing these days. You may also consider daily online checks to implement more bloatware aweshum featurezz.

LOL, I agree.
Quote:
Ordering for the first time from amazon.co.jp...help?
smily_headphones1.gif

Do I need tenso for everything or just selected items?
Would I sound like a total gaijin if I used the name on my credit card?
Should I make up some Japanese name?
tongue.gif

Uh, you can ship books, CDs and DVDs outside of Japan, but everything else requires a forwarding service like Tenso.
Quote:

.......dude..........

Solataire is cool but......

Thanks for reminding me to sign into my steam account! 
Added you 
cool.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bloggs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ordering for the first time from amazon.co.jp...help?
smily_headphones1.gif

Do I need tenso for everything or just selected items?

I'm pretty sure you need a proxy service, most of the things they sell aren't allowed to be shipped internationally.

Use Kuboten!

Kuboten's expensive though! D:
Quote:
Quote:
LCD for an amp? Why the hell not...
rolleyes.gif

Actually I think I've only seen those on multi hundred even multi thousand dollar amps...

Lol yeah. It really should play crysis
tongue.gif

LCDs are actually quite common in pro audio power amps
wink.gif

it should have wifi so you can play multiplayer :D

Hehe, nice!
You should add in wifi so that if you have multiple amps on the same network, they can stream the same information! :D
Quote:

My room is 72F and its hot. 

Our winters here can get warmer than 72F (22C). 
size]

After seeing that other thread in the lounge, how many people here have their monitor calibrated? It's been something I've wanted to get around to doing, but never have.

Is anyone up for a "Help deadly buy a monitor calibrator and ship it around the states for other AAMML members to calibrate their displays, then finally shipping it back to deadly"?

I'm thinking of getting the i1Display Pro, from B&H.

Heck yeah I'd help you out meng!
Still need to get a 3rd monitor first though~

*insert facepalm gif here*
http://www.head-fi.org/t/633511/pictures-of-your-portable-rig-part-xvi/4905#post_9543559

Jun 20, 2013 at 10:59 PM Post #79,376 of 177,750
Quote:
Quote:

.......dude..........

Solataire is cool but......

Added you 
cool.gif

*insert facepalm gif here*
http://www.head-fi.org/t/633511/pictures-of-your-portable-rig-part-xvi/4905#post_9543559

Yeah I'll add you too bowei. I don't log in very often though since I'm not a super duper PC gamer like some of you guys.

And yeah that link. Bowei you should make this as part of a D.I.Y. project
http://learn.adafruit.com/minty-boost

and build a "cool" CMoy while you're at it too. :D
http://tangentsoft.net/audio/cmoy-tutorial/

Jun 20, 2013 at 11:11 PM Post #79,377 of 177,750
As an azn...I'd never bother with shaving-fi. Especially when I only need to shave once a week. Genetics ftw.

Here are some options though(stuff I like to spend money on anyway):
  • Pen-fi
  • Shoe-fi
  • Suit-fi
  • Bicycle-fi
  • Tea-fi
  • DIY-fi
  • Collect books
  • Collect moar figurines
  • Gym membership (bulk up Bowei, you're a skinny Panda)
  • Food-fi
  • Spirits-fi (as in Whiskey, Vodka, etc)
  • Knife-fi (more cooking knives and fixed blade camping knives for me, but I'd like to get a few showpiece Opinels, Lagioules and maybe a really high end Sebenza or something)

Things that are also kinda interesting for enthusiasts:
  • Flashlights/Torches
  • Cameras
  • Backpacks
  • Clothes
  • Wallets
  • Sunglasses
  • Watches

Those are actually good lists
I only shave once a week as well. But why not :)
Pen
Diy
Knife

Fi are currently the top ones i am interested in pursuing :)

You watch my utube vids ehh :)

No, they were actually pretty good. It was on one of the smaller "Domination" mode maps with only a single air field to capture. There was an insane cloud of 32 planes/players right at the airstrip and I managed to snag so many kills that we ended up winning by destroying all enemy planes. There were a few people near 3000 but I was the only one who broke the barrier and almost hit 4000 in experience/xp from hits/assists/kills.

WoT...well, I won't have time until the next break of sophomore year unless I don't make it into Project Oceanology during the summer (hopefully, I don't really like marine bio and such and I already didn't like it last year, this year I need to do the boarding camp version of it and can only go home on the weekends so no time for piano, sports, community service/LTS hours, school summer work, and fun).

Oh lighten up, you have plenty of time

LOL, I agree.
Uh, you can ship books, CDs and DVDs outside of Japan, but everything else requires a forwarding service like Tenso.
Added you 
cool.gif

Kuboten's expensive though! D:
Hehe, nice!
You should add in wifi so that if you have multiple amps on the same network, they can stream the same information! :D
[rule]*insert facepalm gif here*

Nice.

Facepalm. Is that guy ranking batteries by sound?

Yeah I'll add you too bowei. I don't log in very often though since I'm not a super duper PC gamer like some of you guys.

And yeah that link. Bowei you should make this as part of a D.I.Y. project
http://learn.adafruit.com/minty-boost

Or a cmoy. :)

Jun 20, 2013 at 11:12 PM Post #79,378 of 177,750
Bowei, just sent you where to find me in the PM.

Ugh, back to the broken headphones I have. :frowning2:

Well, the left driver did stop working all together (or it was the right one, I don't remember) so I'll be using the previous version of the Apple earbuds. TT-TT

Also, I added you on Steam.

Jun 20, 2013 at 11:14 PM Post #79,379 of 177,750
Jun 20, 2013 at 11:14 PM Post #79,380 of 177,750
Originally Posted by Tangster /img/forum/go_quote.gif

1. Knife-fi (more cooking knives and fixed blade camping knives for me, but I'd like to get a few showpiece Opinels, Lagioules and maybe a really high end Sebenza or something)

Yeah, he pretty much nailed it Panda, it's a great list.

The Sebenza is probably one of my best purchases I've made, such a great knife. I can't stand any of the 'tacticool' knives out there.

Almost eight years old and still going strong, I really need to invest in a EdgePro Apex sharpener though. ><

Woohoo, we're up to two people now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back