Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) - Page 328

post #4906 of 13467
Quote:
Originally Posted by krismusic View Post

Mate. If you think there is any remote similarity between a bit of wire and a beautiful girl. It has obviously been a while!

I am sorry , is was OOT
Tralucent Audio UBER Cable is excellent in SQ
Minus only durability must handle with care, as long you use in the same direction should be no problem with broken the cable .
post #4907 of 13467

I am agree with you , that battery is like heart for all portable audio gear
LIke portable AMP and DAP and DAC

I and my friends have done so many brand for our Stax amp Srm 002 and now my Wagnus Epsilon as well
The result from so many brands battery on the market in Indonesia as follow :

The best SQ in term tonal balance , clarity , transparency , detail , sweet and clear mid , better bass detail and bass impact :

1st ranking : Sanyo Alkaline battery 1,5 volt
2nd ranking : ABC alkaline battery 1,5 volt local brand
3rd ranking : Panasonic alkaline 1,5 volt

61397da11bcc2740c6736547bd26862f_zpscf1f0dc4.jpg

Nots :

This is the same for rechargeable battery 1,5 Volt , please try from many brands ,you can hear the SQ different very noticeable .

This is my IMO
Edited by rudi0504 - 6/20/13 at 10:55am
post #4908 of 13467
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefQon View Post

Ok guys I haven't posted in this portable thread in a long time since I broke away from a portable rig. 

 

But things have changed for the better and I've gotten back into portable gear.

 

Here are some pictures.

 

Gear consist of Sony SACD transport as Crystal Piccolo'd to my SRM-Xh amplifier to my SR-202. I also have my Compaq laptop sandwiched in there if I want to change my source, you know an extra "DAP" doesn't hurt, now does it?

 

 

 

 

 

Here's a shot of how I take my portable gear around the place "on the go"

 

 

The front pockets are used to hold the solar inverter and I have a special umbrella and cap that has 190watt solar panels to provide the juice to power my portable rig....

 

....it's pretty portable aye?

Daaang. You're really going all-out for a portable rig aren't you. :o

 

Oh well, at least you'll have home listening quality sound wherever you go. :D

post #4909 of 13467
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudi0504 View Post

^^

dB2 is very good dac , if pair later with AK 100 and AK 120

So how does that work Rudi?

Optical out from the AK100 into the optical in of the DB2 DAC?

I assume that bypasses the AK100 DAC therefore just using the AK100 as a transport? I assume you then need to go DB2 into amp (preferably DB2 -> PB2 Balanced?) and then Balanced out from the Amp? :-) :-)
post #4910 of 13467
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Graham View Post

Thank you Rudi my friend smily_headphones1.gif
This is something I plan to do later on smily_headphones1.gif Either that or the new Little Dot DAP.
p.s. PLEASE post a picture of the AK100/AK120 with the DB2/PB2 combo!! smily_headphones1.gif pretty please lol...

I agree Rudi.....lets see how that works and looks?

Also Rudi any chance you can connect the AK100 to the CLAS Solo (original) ie. Ak100 -> CLAS Solo -> Rx Mk3 -> IEM/HP???? Is that Possible??
post #4911 of 13467
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason36 View Post


So how does that work Rudi?

Optical out from the AK100 into the optical in of the DB2 DAC?

I assume that bypasses the AK100 DAC therefore just using the AK100 as a transport? I assume you then need to go DB2 into amp (preferably DB2 -> PB2 Balanced?) and then Balanced out from the Amp? :-) :-)

 

You have it correct Jason :)

post #4912 of 13467
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason36 View Post

I agree Rudi.....lets see how that works and looks?

Also Rudi any chance you can connect the AK100 to the CLAS Solo (original) ie. Ak100 -> CLAS Solo -> Rx Mk3 -> IEM/HP???? Is that Possible??

Class solo original is dac for iDevice only
You can not use for AK 100 or AK 120
It is not possible
post #4913 of 13467
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Graham View Post

You have it correct Jason smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason36 View Post

So how does that work Rudi?

Optical out from the AK100 into the optical in of the DB2 DAC?

I assume that bypasses the AK100 DAC therefore just using the AK100 as a transport? I assume you then need to go DB2 into amp (preferably DB2 -> PB2 Balanced?) and then Balanced out from the Amp? :-) :-)

Hi all

I have now picture from AK 100 with Ibasso DB2 from my friend set up

Source : Ak 100 mod
Dac : IBasso DB2 balance dac
Amp: alo Rx 3 b
Headphone : LCD 2 rev 1

AK 100 to DB 2 use optical cable
My friend mod his AK 100, that he mod the line in to COAX line OUT
He use coax cable between AK 100 mod to DB2
DB 2 to alo Rx 3 B use RSA to Hiroshe balance cable

Note :
The schematic is the same if you use Ibasso PB 2 as balance amp
You use hiroshe to hiroshe balance cable between DB2 and PB 2 , like Paul done i his rigs above

Use coaxial cable in his mod AK 100

f2d43b876a3c335b51e38982fc6154a4_zps6bc3357e.jpg

Use optical cable in his AK 100 stock

37c48c079bf1407874eaaa2ebedc1a6f_zps72e69030.jpg

cd043fb4e3d5b61e9b68be6caaa69876_zps73c7f6fb.jpg

33c6dd319733d274eac8dd8daed5f905_zpsf05bd805.jpg

d1c446add2ce206477fd448398a0aa87_zps61eef818.jpg

985b3a59c5b51009c7f972c070836a1c_zps8773a1f6.jpg

9569ddb98ff7c82c8a9afe172c094a33_zps3efecc1c.jpg
Edited by rudi0504 - 6/20/13 at 5:14pm
post #4914 of 13467

Looks pretty sick :)

How does the Intruder perform in comparison to the Pelican?

post #4915 of 13467
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Graham View Post

Looks pretty sick smily_headphones1.gif
How does the Intruder perform in comparison to the Pelican?

Yes it look not so good , but the sq is very good biggrin.gif
Intruder has more power on high gain to drive my LCD 2
More balance , wider soundstage , better bass impact , midrange is sweet like tube sound IMO
post #4916 of 13467
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefQon View Post

Ok guys I haven't posted in this portable thread in a long time since I broke away from a portable rig. 

 

But things have changed for the better and I've gotten back into portable gear.

 

Here are some pictures.

 

Gear consist of Sony SACD transport as Crystal Piccolo'd to my SRM-Xh amplifier to my SR-202. I also have my Compaq laptop sandwiched in there if I want to change my source, you know an extra "DAP" doesn't hurt, now does it?

 

 

 

 

 

Here's a shot of how I take my portable gear around the place "on the go"

 

 

The front pockets are used to hold the solar inverter and I have a special umbrella and cap that has 190watt solar panels to provide the juice to power my portable rig....

 

....it's pretty portable aye?

Are you kidding? If not, big respect. If yes, big respect , too!

post #4917 of 13467

You got some Russian competitors DefQon biggrin.gif

 

post #4918 of 13467

Defqon

post #4919 of 13467

"Portable" is a relative term apparently....tongue.gif

post #4920 of 13467
Quote:
Originally Posted by longbowbbs View Post

"Portable" is a relative term apparently....tongue.gif
I wouldn't call any of the bricks posted here portable. Transportable? Sure..which is one common thing between mine and there's.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)