「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
May 19, 2013 at 3:35 AM Post #75,452 of 177,750
Yeah it kinda is.

Oreimo reminds me of Kyojin.

:ok: :p

The heck? Do you take breaks mid way through episodes just to post here????
[rule]Dilemmas... To download Horriblesub's release of Oreimo now in glorious 1080P but have to deal with crappy subtitles or go with EveTaku's superior subs that take a little while longer and are crappy 720p? 
frown.gif

And no, he doesn't take breaks to post here. He just... posts on one comp while watching anime on another :eek:

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
May 19, 2013 at 5:40 AM Post #75,453 of 177,750
Quote:
LOL @ AK120. I'm not going to visit the thread, but a $1300 portable media player with a 3 Ω output impedance is just plain ridiculous.

Well at least it's output impedance is way less than the AK100 which was 20 Ohms.
While 3 Ohms is quite high, it is within specs of BA IEMs so the drop off should be at least minimal.

I don't really give a toss about the AK100 or AK120, I've heard the AK100 once (though not with my music) and I was thinking what's so special about it? Maybe it's the overly polite sound that makes it dull.
Still, it is a very pretty DAP though. Shame about its very high price.

May 19, 2013 at 5:44 AM Post #75,454 of 177,750
I don't really give a toss about the AK100 or AK120, I've heard the AK100 once (though not with my music) and I was thinking what's so special about it? Maybe it's the overly polite sound that makes it dull.

Maybe the DX50? If we're going on looks only for now, it commands almost the same look IMO, and personally I like the the look of the DX50 more. Still don't know how much it will cost though. At least that's what I got from my cursory glance on it.

May 19, 2013 at 5:59 AM Post #75,455 of 177,750
Quote:
Quote:

Maybe the DX50? If we're going on looks only for now, it commands almost the same look IMO, and personally I like the the look of the DX50 more. Still don't know how much it will cost though. At least that's what I got from my cursory glance on it.

What about the HM901 that looks like a clunky device from the 1990's? I mean seriously, it looks like an old GameBoy Printer.

May 19, 2013 at 6:01 AM Post #75,456 of 177,750
So normally I'm using my J3 with my SM64...but today I tried them with my brothers Clip+.
My goodness! Where does all this sub-bass come from?! D:
I guess all this talking about the J3 and it's poor performance with multi-BAs is true....

May 19, 2013 at 6:23 AM Post #75,457 of 177,750
What about the HM901 that looks like a clunky device from the 1990's? I mean seriously, it looks like an old GameBoy Printer.

I'm... not even aware of such a device. Heck, that looks better than the HM901.

So normally I'm using my J3 with my SM64...but today I tried them with my brothers Clip+.

I guess all this talking about the J3 and it's poor performance with multi-BAs is true....

You know what that means. Spend more money. :p

How much does the SM64 cost? Everyone seem to like them.

May 19, 2013 at 6:38 AM Post #75,458 of 177,750
Quote:
Quote:

I'm... not even aware of such a device. Heck, that looks better than the HM901.

Hm, you might be right about that! At least the GameBoy Printer has a silver paint job and red button. :p
I knew about it because Pokémon Gold was able to use it and it had a cool chime when you go to the menu system.

^ so cute-sounding :3

Quote:

I'm glad I went for the Clip Zip over the J3. I was debating between the two for the longest time.

May 19, 2013 at 6:53 AM Post #75,459 of 177,750
Quote:

The SM64 is 400€ here in Europe. Well spent money, if you ask me :)

This Clip+ experience left me a bit confused...Should I sell my J3 and get a Clip+ instead? I mean, what am I going to miss out on if I would switch? I don't use all the BBE+ stuff of the J3 at all :/

May 19, 2013 at 6:58 AM Post #75,460 of 177,750
Quote:
Quote:

This Clip+ experience left me a bit confused...Should I sell my J3 and get a Clip+ instead? I mean, what am I going to miss out on if I would switch? I don't use all the BBE+ stuff of the J3 at all :/

BBE+ is unique for Cowon devices from what I understand. The J3's touch interface is also something you would lose, along with some of the "media" options such as video and photo viewing.

On the other hand, you can install Rockbox on the Clip+, which has more customisable EQ settings I believe.

^ that's a newer Clip Zip device, but it has a similar audio quality, if not the same, compared to the Clip+

May 19, 2013 at 7:03 AM Post #75,461 of 177,750

:V

That's too high up in the tier totem pole.

May 19, 2013 at 7:17 AM Post #75,462 of 177,750
Hmmm Rockbox is nice and everything, but I don't use EQs at all.
I guess I'll just wait for the Fiio X3. The selling point for me is the built-in amp. My SM64 have an impendance of 96 Ohm so an amp would be quiet nice.

May 19, 2013 at 7:34 AM Post #75,463 of 177,750
Quote:
Hmmm Rockbox is nice and everything, but I don't use EQs at all.
I guess I'll just wait for the Fiio X3. The selling point for me is the built-in amp. My SM64 have an impendance of 96 Ohm so an amp would be quiet nice.

Yeah then the X3 might be a good choice. I'm going to wait until solid impressions roll out for it.

@ tangster

Another interesting video!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back