「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Apr 11, 2013 at 1:00 PM Post #70,532 of 177,745
Quote:
Hello guys I am new to this thread. I am more of a manga than anime fan, even if I know my classics. Anybody ever read "Front Mission Dog Life and Dog Style" (in Japanese - 前线任务 Dog Life And Dog Style). Really excellent Mecha / guerilla manga.

I have read it and in fact, I have written a short review here a long time ago. I have Volume 1 and Volume 2 in French and I found that it has it's unique way of interpreting the mecha genre.
It's like an anti-mecha/anti-war manga that portrays war extremely realistically and cruelly of course. This manga is quite fascinating in a way that you won't expect in a mecha manga but lots of people will be put off by it not because of the lack of action but because it deals more with the atrocities of war rather than the action of the battle.

Edit: found my review
http://www.head-fi.org/t/586040/official-asian-anime-manga-and-music-lounge/23340#post_8586721

Apr 11, 2013 at 1:08 PM Post #70,533 of 177,745
Quote:
K712...European price is €670. Really AKG? R u guys srs? -_-

• Their new headband doesn't have any bumps on it like the K 702 65th Anniversary edition (costs money to chop-off those bumps).
  • The added bass is the result of some very innovative tweaking that can't be done by the user (costs money for R&D).
  • The new orange colour is the result of killing a very specific insect to extract the colour from (these insects are quite rare).
  • If they went for a new headphone design, it would have cost AKG a fortune for labour and ordering new headphone parts

Therefore, the cost is justified. :trollface:

702 Anniversary Edition looks nice though, I admit:

Also, if you thought the K 712 was bling, check this out:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/212768/pics-of-headphones-rules-one-pic-no-words/2565#post_9345752

Apr 11, 2013 at 1:42 PM Post #70,536 of 177,745
Quote:
It's a Grado. They're ALL uncomfortable.

And uncomfortable to hear as well.

Ok, not every Grados are bad it's just that they're fatiguing that's all.

Apr 11, 2013 at 2:12 PM Post #70,537 of 177,745
Just watched Crime Edge 2
For the first time in my life, I think I've found an anime I truly love from the bottom of my heart.

Because of what you said. Ill watch it tonight. Thanks

Hello earthlings! 1175 unread posts and going what's been going?

Anyway, I begin continuing watching Shinsekai Yori and I'm surprised, it's very, very good! Slow at times but interesting art and story but also quite What-ish and some scenes that will make all homophobes instantly drop it (ep 7 for example). Makes me want to continue watching.

Attack on Titan was also a pleasant surprise. Quite shocking first episode but that sets the tone very well on what's to come. Still, I don't fancy giant humans as monsters yet.

Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet was instant love at first sight and has the opposite tone of Attack on Titan. I'm very stoked on it. Just want to watch the next one! AAARRRGHHHHH!!!!!

Those two shows made me fall in love as well :)

K712...European price is €670. Really AKG? R u guys srs? -_-

They operate like A consumer company because they are. Only difference from Beats is that they actually know audio and do have some decent priced products

Told my friends I watch Gundam Seed... got my mental age questioned. (=_=")

...... because a show where human bodies explodes into a bloody mess is definitely kids stuff right?

Not to mention all the underlying messages about war and conflict.

Why would they qurstion it? (rhetorical question) ihighly enjoy that show.

But there are many subtle scenes that wetent shown, omitted or otherwise.

It took 4 rewatchs of GS too notice some things I missed absolutely.

Watch Berserk! also if you read manga Shin Angyo Onshi is really really good.

I will, send it on over!

Welcome! No looks good tho, added it to my to read list thanks.

Sure :) thanks

Thanks...you will not regret it. Shin Angyo is indeed good, plus it is completed.

Yes it is

Apr 11, 2013 at 3:16 PM Post #70,538 of 177,745
Lawl
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=538437

GAj0o.gif

Apr 11, 2013 at 3:30 PM Post #70,539 of 177,745
Dyack shoulda held out for GAF Gold, woulda saved him from permaban

Apr 11, 2013 at 4:06 PM Post #70,542 of 177,745
Hmm..

Devil Survivor

Right as the anime used symbolism, god, religion etc etc.

It could have strayed from originality by going in depth with that. And producing a bigger break down of structure, society and people.

When the demon came in. Having many people die in a flame of fire and a change in the characters would have been good
instead of that happening, it went into corniness and un-originality.

Apr 11, 2013 at 4:09 PM Post #70,544 of 177,745
OMG!! I just read the details for the new mecha anime cmming out tomorrow

OMG!

Guess what?

• It seems to be a legit mecha series
  • Its by Sunrise
  • Written by Ichiro who also WROTE CODE GEASS

Sunrise + Ichiro + Mecha = Awesome

Watching Majestic Prince right now

I wonder how Sunrise and others aren't suing it right now for taking so many near copy cat elements from Gundam Seed.

Especially noticeable when the character designer is the same for both

Users who are viewing this thread

Back