「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Feb 1, 2013 at 5:00 PM Post #53,431 of 177,745
It actually looks pretty nice without any touch-ups... I'd say rendering it to remove the background scribbles is pretty much all that's needed!
There are really only a few spots that need to be burned a bit. I'm really surprised...

Wow..... chase's work, is always spectacular. ^^

Feb 1, 2013 at 5:01 PM Post #53,432 of 177,745
Quote:
If you want jazz start with Art Blakey's Moanin', Miles Davis' A Kind of Blue, Charles Mingus' The Black Saint and Sinner Lady and John Coltrane's A Love Supreme. Those are among the top most famous jazz albums, and they are all an absolutely excellent place to start.

Thanks, I'll look into it
]

I thought Bill Evans was also huge?

Feb 1, 2013 at 5:11 PM Post #53,434 of 177,745
Thanks, I'll look into it
]

I thought Bill Evans was also huge?

Also check out Herbie Hancock if you wanna come over to the funkier side of free jazz. And arggh, I don't know what happened with Sakamichi, thaf was supposed to be Watanabe's glorious return to form dammit :l

Feb 1, 2013 at 5:13 PM Post #53,435 of 177,745
Also check out Herbie Hancock if you wanna come over to the funkier side of free jazz. And arggh, I don't know what happened with Sakamichi, thaf was supposed to be Watanabe's glorious return to form dammit :l

What do you mean?

I have seen several of Watanbe's works and Sakamichi is truthfully in my top 3 of all the anime I have ever watched.

Feb 1, 2013 at 5:26 PM Post #53,438 of 177,745
Feb 1, 2013 at 5:27 PM Post #53,439 of 177,745
What do you mean?

I have seen several of Watanbe's works and Sakamichi is truthfully in my top 3 of all the anime I have ever watched.

I felt it was really poorly paced and dropped the ball in the second half with its pursuit of a mundane and aggressively melodramatic love triangle subplot. Show peaked for me during the climactic school jam with that ferocious improv section, everything that followed during the "refractory period" was pretty meh for me. Your experience may differ of course. I blame the subject material really, it's difficult to adapt so many volumes of manga into such a short runtime and make it feel satisfactory

Feb 1, 2013 at 5:57 PM Post #53,441 of 177,745
Quote:
Yaaaayyyyyyyyy... Locked my keys in my car today during lunch...
frown.gif

No spare keys?

Feb 1, 2013 at 6:18 PM Post #53,444 of 177,745
Quote:
frown.gif

I remembered doing that once. I locked my keys in the trunk. Had to call the parking service guy at my university to unlock the car.

Harmlessly pried open an edge with an inflatable and stuck a little wire in there to manually unlock the door, of course the alarm went off but I got to pop open the trunk.

Good times, good times.

Feb 1, 2013 at 6:21 PM Post #53,445 of 177,745
Quote:
frown.gif

Oh that sucks.
Quote:
I remembered doing that once. I locked my keys in the trunk. Had to call the parking service guy at my university to unlock the car.

Harmlessly pried open an edge with an inflatable and stuck a little wire in there to manually unlock the door, of course the alarm went off but I got to pop open the trunk.

Good times, good times.

Yep....good times

Users who are viewing this thread

Back