「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Oct 31, 2012 at 11:40 PM Post #38,911 of 177,750
Uh, meant specifically for the v6, here's a repost. I'll read through the wall during my next study break.

haaaaaaaaaa. ohayou~ I think you missed my post about your chem stuff. or ignored it :c. but its alright, i'm just way too tired from barely sleeping last night from bio. I also skipped work today so hopefully i can get a halfway decent nights sleep

FR graph doesn't tell EVERYTHING of a set of headphones. For example, the KRK 8400's have also a nice looking low frequency line but are bass shy in terms of impact but do have good extension. These have a good bass extension from the looks of it, how it plays out with impact, tightness, speed, clarity and other factors are unknown. however it does seem "bassy" with good extension and pronuncation. Seem that is.

There seems to be a slight dip in the lower mids or upper lows which may(MAY) lead to a weaker upper bass responce or vocals or mids that don't have an as much pronounced low end(depends on your tastes).

At 1K to 5K it does have a nice hump which MAY indicate forward and more pronounced vocal. The qualities, speeds and other stuff again are unknown. The overall headphone sound signature may be guessed though

The graph ends at 9K with no indication past that with numbers so I am not sure if that dip PAST 9K should be accoutned for as a dip in the upper mids or something else. There isn't a V dip at 5k-7k which does signify that it isn't a dubstepy headphone.

There is also a nice rise at 7k which may mean bright vocals or mids. Nothing of what quality though as some really bright ones have really weak guitar presentation or are overly bright

The graph then goes to its little low spot with a nice little hump

that's a log frequency FR curve; after 9k the vertical lines correspond to 10k and 20k. Very high frequencies that correspond to a sense of presence and sparkle. I wouldn't worry about the downslope as it seems all iems have it and it is necessary in any case to simulate loudspeaker treble rolloff at a distance to the listening position.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Oct 31, 2012 at 11:52 PM Post #38,912 of 177,750
Quote:

The secret is in seedboxes, numbers-kun knows!

I got a new one recently, $30 for 1TB hard drive, 100/100mbit line with 5TB bandwidth, dedicated use. So no more VPS load-sharing shenanigans. 
tongue.gif

200mbit/1gbit burst and unlimited bandwidth :3.

Nov 1, 2012 at 12:00 AM Post #38,914 of 177,750
Quote:

eek.gif

What's the highest you've ever seen it? Been experiencing much grief because it's shared?

For me, it was something like 8MB/s up, and 10.7MB/s down at the same time. I can consistently max the connection, so I'm happy.

25MB/s down and 125MB/s upstream for numbers kun?? that is fast

Nov 1, 2012 at 12:02 AM Post #38,915 of 177,750
Quote:

eek.gif

What's the highest you've ever seen it? Been experiencing much grief because it's shared?

For me, it was something like 8MB/s up, and 10.7MB/s down at the same time. I can consistently max the connection, so I'm happy.

Eh I've had around 20-30 MiB's down but the places I seed there are way too many people that seed so I suppose the uplink is kind of wasted. Been hitting 20-25 MiB up tonight though.

Nov 1, 2012 at 2:00 AM Post #38,923 of 177,750
Jeff,  This is why we are hesitant to send out frequency response graphs. Unless you work with them all the time, it is impossible to read them right. That "peak" is actually a compensation for the resonance on the ear canal. You don't see much of it on the other models because the high frequency response is not as linear (reference level).  

I have no idea what this means, translation please.

Nov 1, 2012 at 2:14 AM Post #38,925 of 177,750
Quote:

Basically, a flat line frequency response won't sound flat to our ears. That's why they need to compensate for it, to make it sound 'flat'.

Whether they hit the mark or not, who knows.

Thanks lolipop-chan. This freaking rippy guy on what is giving me nightmares... popping out a new freeleech every 20 mins so I can't take a power nap and wait for the server to reset.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back