「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Feb 26, 2018 at 9:52 PM Post #175,652 of 177,744
So you are natively French then! Nice, took a few years in HS. Always wanted to visit but never had the chance

Custom drivers for the audio? Huh. Only problem is, I rely on the stupid Dell Audio enhancer for the speakers. Without the stupid enhancer, the speakers don't get loud enough

never had hp plugged in when I boot my XPS. I don't have any audio pops.

You can use equalizerAPO to bump up the gain for the speakers of Dell's solution bothers you. The drivers I use are basically hacked Dolby drivers. They can also boost the speakers volume.

I tried a bunch, ended up using these Dolby drivers for everything, from my desktop to my two laptops because they simply work.

Don't rely use the aufio enhancement features so I can't judge how good they are on the xps. However, no bugs or conflicts every occurred on my side and when I tell it to turn everything off, they after off. Can't day the same for most of the bundle audio suite that comes with my computers. :/

On my desktop, the stock realtek drivers still push the bass and treble past clipping even if I turn everything off in the control panel.

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2018 at 9:53 PM Post #175,654 of 177,744
You can use equalizerAPO to bump up the gain for the speakers. The drivers I use are basically hacked Dolby drivers. They can also boost the speakers volume.

I tried a bunch, ended up using these Dolby drivers for everything, from my desktop to my two laptops because they simply work.

No bugs or conflicts on my side and when I tell it to turn everything off, they after off. Can't day the same for most of the bundle audio suite that comes with my computers. :/

Linky?

EDIT:
Lol, HF has implemented a post cooldown for speed posters like me lol

Feb 26, 2018 at 9:58 PM Post #175,656 of 177,744
Just shove em in with force bruh. Yyou've read enough Doujin already

e25deb507b8f76aa6e50a0e49327e5cdd5878b9e_hq.gif

Feb 26, 2018 at 10:08 PM Post #175,662 of 177,744
I think I'll order the battery dock.

Another bit of unexpected expenses on this hectic week...

Now about getting rid of that shipping fee...12 cans of soda? Cheap coffee? New ruler? Pencil?Shortened micro SD card adapter to sit more flush in my xps?

Need total of 35 Canadian rupees to kill shipping...nothing I need though so maybe just eat the shipping for the first time. :thinking:

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2018 at 11:28 PM Post #175,663 of 177,744
Just finally saw Ep 3 of A Place Further than the Universe

Did a 180 on my outlook on this series. Masterful directing.

When I first heard about this show. I was under the impression they were going to do another mystical anime asspull of making realistic circumstances of things like people, experience, drive , MONEY, school and throw it out the window with magic fairy stuff and a half assed explanation.

But this show is wonderful at exposition and building the story up slowly with well designed plot elements in moving the story forwards towards their goal of getting to Antarctica

PLUS ULLLLTRRWAAAAAAA

Feb 27, 2018 at 3:49 AM Post #175,664 of 177,744
Phone's usb port seems busted.
Which phone?

Edit: Galaxy S5 Neo?

Anyone have the airpods?

I don't like IEM's because I'm too much of a pu55y to shove things in my ears.
I got a pair for my dad last Fathers’ day and he uses them every day. It had a charging issue at one point where it wouldn’t charge (case’s LED would only intermittently flash amber) but it fixed itself when charged overnight. From what little demoing I did of them they sound a little better than the EarPods with slightly stronger bass and mids. Switching between iOS devices under the same iCloud account is seamless for the most part, but macOS needs some work. Other than that, the user experience can definitely be described as “seamless”. You just flip the case lid, pop one or two in your ears and away you go. You don’t need to consciously power them on/off and the auto pause is handy.

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2018 at 4:40 AM Post #175,665 of 177,744
I got a pair for my dad last Fathers’ day and he uses them every day. It had a charging issue at one point where it wouldn’t charge (case’s LED would only intermittently flash amber) but it fixed itself when charged overnight. From what little demoing I did of them they sound a little better than the EarPods with slightly stronger bass and mids. Switching between iOS devices under the same iCloud account is seamless for the most part, but macOS needs some work.

I use earpods 99% of the time so that's great, thanks. I'll pick up a set next time there's a sale, I think the cheapest I've seen is $170. (I might be salty if Apple releases version 2...)

Great thing about vaping becoming more 'mainstream' is that 18650's have become a lot easier to buy. XD

(too bad I think most chargers suck, I'm gonna have to build my own)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back