「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Feb 26, 2018 at 8:32 AM Post #175,636 of 177,745
I love that battery care feature.

I haven't done a 100-0-100 cycle on my 7 plus in a while (I am nuts and don't charge it over 50%), the battery wear through an app reads 2800/2900mAh or 96.5%. Do you think it's possible that I am the only person on the planet that does this? It's kind of exciting knowing that I might have the lowest launch-day battery wear daily driver 7 plus. XD
iPhones (or rechargeable Apple devices in general) have had a similar feature for a while:

Screen Shot 2018-02-27 at 12.31.15 am.png

Here's mine, although not launch day:

Screen Shot 2018-02-27 at 12.27.12 am.png

Feb 26, 2018 at 8:49 AM Post #175,637 of 177,745
is the water resistance better if I get the aqua version?
^_^

Feb 26, 2018 at 8:50 AM Post #175,638 of 177,745
iPhones (or rechargeable Apple devices in general) have had a similar feature for a while:

Here's mine, although not launch day:

I really need to check it with coconut battery, I don't know anyone with a mac though. =P

I think that's more marketing fluff though, they're just describing the CC/CV lithium ion charge cycle (maybe with a touch slower CV portion).

edit: used some random windows tool;
CycleCount: 200
DesignCapacity: 2890
FullChargeCapacity: 2800

I'm gonna cycle it to see what happens, 200 cycles is a good data point I guess, I'll do it every 100.

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2018 at 1:48 PM Post #175,640 of 177,745
Hey, nice to hear from you again TYG How it going?

What are you watching this season? and yeah, lots of fantastic shows
Eeeyyyy come and say hello in the Line chat more often.
I'm doing fine. Integrated degree program is going well and is still fun. Snowing like crazy here. Bought a fancy bike after not being able to ride for about 2 years. Going to all the audio conventions in Germany.

I am currently watching Hakumei to Mikochi (underrated), Koi wa Ameagari no You ni, Mahoutsukai no Yome, Mitsuboshi Colors, Pop Team Epic (not really all that funny but I really appreciate what they are doing visual-wise), Sora yori mo Tooi Basho (probably AOTS?) and Yuru Camp (so damn comfy).
Dropped Kokkoku (best OP but the pacing is just too weird) and Darling in the Franxxxxxxxxxxxx (i have alot of problems with this show).

Feb 26, 2018 at 6:11 PM Post #175,641 of 177,745
Phone's usb port seems busted.

Been finicky since yesterday, but today it stopped working. Was able to still connect and change slowly in the morning (1% in about an hour or two). Unfortunately not anymore after a few inserts.

Needed to make a few important calls today, so I left it to charge as it was at about 7% in the morning when I wanted to use it. Took me long enough to realize something was wrong and get over my stubborness to try and fix it.

Backup phone to the rescue! :D

The fact that I lost a few hours today, ended up being late for class, plus the internet wasn't working for some strange reason all day really was frustrating. Still within warranty so I'll leave it to someone else to open it up. Hopefully the rest of the week works out well as I'm pretty much about to explode with frustration and stress after last week and today. :/

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2018 at 6:50 PM Post #175,642 of 177,745
Eeeyyyy come and say hello in the Line chat more often.
I'm doing fine. Integrated degree program is going well and is still fun. Snowing like crazy here. Bought a fancy bike after not being able to ride for about 2 years. Going to all the audio conventions in Germany.

I am currently watching Hakumei to Mikochi (underrated), Koi wa Ameagari no You ni, Mahoutsukai no Yome, Mitsuboshi Colors, Pop Team Epic (not really all that funny but I really appreciate what they are doing visual-wise), Sora yori mo Tooi Basho (probably AOTS?) and Yuru Camp (so damn comfy).
Dropped Kokkoku (best OP but the pacing is just too weird) and Darling in the Franxxxxxxxxxxxx (i have alot of problems with this show).

Yeah I should :frowning2: Invite me fam

Snow??? In Germany?

Yeah, def never heard of that Mikochi show. The Koi wa Ameagari looked interesting but I put it on hold. I dig Mahoutsukai no Yome a lot and follow it :D

I'm watching A Place Farther than the Universe atm and it's ok. 3 episodes in. Let;s see how it changes.

You don't like Darling in the FranXXX? Why not

Feb 26, 2018 at 7:11 PM Post #175,644 of 177,745
Snow??? In Germany?

Way more than usual :p

I'm not a fan of fanservice like this and while I know that it all has some "deep" meaning, it just feels super heavy-handed to me.
The writing is totally and completely over the top while the direction and tone are played straight. There's this huge disconnect which makes it feel like either the show is taking itself too seriously for how silly the content is, or the silly content is out of place in this serious show. I don't think they're hitting a good balance so far and it's kind of ruining what could be a really good show. Every individual part of the show is done well, the parts just aren't fitting together.
Kill la Kill did all this better (and i did not even like that show all that much).

Feb 26, 2018 at 7:21 PM Post #175,645 of 177,745
Way more than usual :p

I'm not a fan of fanservice like this and while I know that it all has some "deep" meaning, it just feels super heavy-handed to me.
The writing is totally and completely over the top while the direction and tone are played straight. There's this huge disconnect which makes it feel like either the show is taking itself too seriously for how silly the content is, or the silly content is out of place in this serious show. I don't think they're hitting a good balance so far and it's kind of ruining what could be a really good show. Every individual part of the show is done well, the parts just aren't fitting together.
Kill la Kill did all this better (and i did not even like that show all that much).

It's a weird dynamic for sure. I understand what you are getting at. The show is trying to find its own voice despite being a taped up conglomeration of 5+ different shows and has yet to do so. It's still interesting for sure though

Feb 26, 2018 at 8:38 PM Post #175,646 of 177,745
Yeah I should :frowning2: Invite me fam

Snow??? In Germany?

Yeah, def never heard of that Mikochi show. The Koi wa Ameagari looked interesting but I put it on hold. I dig Mahoutsukai no Yome a lot and follow it :D

I'm watching A Place Farther than the Universe atm and it's ok. 3 episodes in. Let;s see how it changes.

it's Russia sending us some wind, I'm in the south of France in a very sheltered area where we almost never hit 0°c, and it snowed all day(bamboozled!!!). very, very lightly but still that's rare. last time I saw snow here was maybe 3 or 4 years ago. and it was all gone the next day by 10AM. right now I see a good 15cm outside, so I assume the rest of Europe died like in "the day after tomorrow" where a wave of cold freezes things instantly and humanity is doomed.
Frozen-696x392.jpg
3ba2fc7d3fd7980d1f02fa85b2a867f957b8f7550cfcda404181bf4923a80ddf.jpg

Feb 26, 2018 at 8:39 PM Post #175,647 of 177,745
it's Russia sending us some wind, I'm in the south of France in a very sheltered area where we almost never hit 0°c, and it snowed all day(bamboozled!!!). very, very lightly but still that's rare. last time I saw snow here was maybe 3 or 4 years ago. and it was all gone the next day by 10AM. right now I see a good 15cm outside, so I assume the rest of Europe died like in "the day after tomorrow" where a wave of cold freezes things instantly and humanity is doomed.
Frozen-696x392.jpg
3ba2fc7d3fd7980d1f02fa85b2a867f957b8f7550cfcda404181bf4923a80ddf.jpg
Ah so you are French?

Feb 26, 2018 at 8:45 PM Post #175,648 of 177,745
yup, baguette everyday, the horrible horrible accent with extra "H" at the start of words for absolutely no reasons when I speak English, I'm the real deal.

Feb 26, 2018 at 9:30 PM Post #175,649 of 177,745
Biggest complains about using my XPS15 for audio:

Amp has noise (poor SNR, probably some impedance mismatch issues as well)
Amp is wayyyy too goddamn warm. It's like I'm listening to music in a god damn stuffy sauna. Yuck
Not enough power to drive planars natively (duh)

Don't know about the 9550 as I never owned it.

One of the first things I did on my 9560 was install custom drivers as the stock drivers really colour the sound no matter what I did.

And there was the pop up issue. Don't know how it is today but after a week of figuring out what to do, I haven't ever looked back.

Indeed lack a bit of power at times, especially as I'm using Joe Bloggs' magic pixie dust thingys and bumped the gain down about 10 db to prevent clipping.

I never really minded listening out of the headphone jack unless it's with something sensitive. It gets quite noisy with those but they are alright with other stuff. Hate the speakers of course. :frowning2:

I guess the only real complaint I have with using headphones on the XPS is it has a very loud pop when it starts up, so I have to unplug it before boot ups. Apparently many people have that issue whenever audio plays when using stock drivers but I've never bumped into that with the custom drivers I use. These custom drivers does not support the mic in the combo jack though so not sure everyone will be happy with them. There are other solutions and hacks I've seen pass around but I don't know if they do anything about the colouration of the sound. :/

-----------------------------------

Need a quick remedy for my phone port not working so I'm considering getting something like this. Any advice/precautions?

https://www.amazon.ca/Lrker-Universal-Battery-Indicator-Adjustable/dp/B015BG3II8/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1519697684&sr=1-2&keywords=wall+dock+battery&th=1

Will see if I can get the phone fixed when I don't need it as much. Won't be able to use phone while I charge I guess. Also not sure how well this will treat the battery in the long run.

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2018 at 9:33 PM Post #175,650 of 177,745
yup, baguette everyday, the horrible horrible accent with extra "H" at the start of words for absolutely no reasons when I speak English, I'm the real deal.

So you are natively French then! Nice, took a few years in HS. Always wanted to visit but never had the chance

Don't know about the 9550 as I never owned it.

One of the first things I did on my 9560 was install custom drivers as the stock drivers really colour the sound no matter what I did.

And there was the pop up issue. Don't know how it is today but after a week of figuring out what to do, I haven't ever looked back.

Indeed lack a bit of power at times, especially as I'm using Joe Bloggs' magic pixie dust thingys and bumped the gain down about 10 db to prevent clipping.

I never really minded listening out of the headphone jack unless it's with something sensitive. It gets quite noisy with those but they are alright with other stuff. Hate the speakers of course. :frowning2:

I guess the only real complaint I have with using headphones on the XPS is it has a very loud pop when it starts up, so I have to unplug it before boot ups. Apparently many people have that issue whenever audio plays when using stock drivers but I've never bumped into that with the custom drivers I use. These custom drivers does not support the mic in the combo jack though so not sure everyone will be happy with them. There are other solutions and hacks I've seen pass around but I don't know if they do anything about the colouration of the sound. :/

Custom drivers for the audio? Huh. Only problem is, I rely on the stupid Dell Audio enhancer for the speakers. Without the stupid enhancer, the speakers don't get loud enough

never had hp plugged in when I boot my XPS. I don't have any audio pops.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back