「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jul 26, 2017 at 8:56 PM Post #174,077 of 177,744
More of the Trials PC stuff: http://xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/163454030210/loh-trails-of-cold-steel-pc-guest-blog-2-from

Durante is awesome, more news at 11.

tumblr_inline_otpl1izfkJ1siwbnr_500.png

The entire launcher you see here can be navigated just using a gamepad (actually, I made a tool for this that allows natural 2D-navigation and changing options in arbitrary C# WinForms dialogs using Xinput, and XSEED has graciously agreed to allow me to open source it, so look for that on my blog when things are less hectic)

Before we move on to shading, there’s one thing I need to get off my chest. You know what really annoys me? When games offer some AA option, but do not apply that AA solution consistently to everything in the game (like e.g. character models in menus.) I had to extend the underlying engine to do it, but rest assured that when you select an AA option in Trails of Cold Steel on PC, everything will get that level of AA:
  • The main game rendering will be AA’d of course.
  • The rendered character dialogue portraits will also get the AA.
  • The character models shown on the equip screen? AA’d.
  • Character busts during special events? AA’d.
  • Yes, even the minimap rendering gets MSAA. And TrSSA. Because why not!

Also, unlimited draw distance. Because why not.
Comparison video:

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2017 at 11:35 PM Post #174,079 of 177,744
Yup that's exactly what happened, they only used a $1 stamp and the total cost should have been $9 or so. They've tried to fit a wiring harness into a small padded envelope. XD
I bet there wasn't a return address on it either.

Jul 27, 2017 at 1:19 PM Post #174,083 of 177,744
@ Tenshi no 3P

Just realized that Sora's rosary is a drum key, nice detail there.
I wonder if using your rosary like that is considered blasphemy...

I think many things in that show would be blasphemy lol. I'd like it if they could focus a little more on song creation rather than handing out flyers. They've shown that they know how music is made by the kids these days, seems like a waste to not show it a little more in detail.

Jul 27, 2017 at 2:08 PM Post #174,084 of 177,744
I think many things in that show would be blasphemy lol. I'd like it if they could focus a little more on song creation rather than handing out flyers. They've shown that they know how music is made by the kids these days, seems like a waste to not show it a little more in detail.

This. I really like the piece of music the MC's been working on in his computer.
Need more Loli Christian(?) Rock music in my life.

----------------------------
Just realized that the series "Gosick" is supposed to be a play on the word "Gothic" since they sound the same in Japanese.

----------------------------
looping on repeat....

Jul 27, 2017 at 2:59 PM Post #174,087 of 177,744
play on word made me regret not understanding Japanese many times. it seems to be used often and I'm the number one admirer of terrible humor(my nickname might be a clue to that).

how could the translation pay justice to something so obviously bad? I wish I was at that dinner.

Jul 27, 2017 at 3:09 PM Post #174,088 of 177,744
play on word made me regret not understanding Japanese many times. it seems to be used often and I'm the number one admirer of terrible humor(my nickname might be a clue to that).

how could the translation pay justice to something so obviously bad? I wish I was at that dinner.

Hah, the translators did an admirable job considering the sheer number of puns there I think. I have the same regrets, it saddens me to know I'm only getting 50% of the jokes in the monogatari series.

Jul 27, 2017 at 9:36 PM Post #174,089 of 177,744
No matter how old I get it seems right to ask @HybridCore for PC related advise lol, this thread built the very PC I'm still using this day 5 years ago

anyway hello guyz and gals! In anime related news I finished AoT2... can't believe it's already been 4 years q.q
also Durarara is my current muse, other wise marriage has me to busy for anime these days

for pc related advice, what HDD do you guys like these days? My two oldest drives have started to disappear when I resume from sleep, so I figure might as well replace them before they fail. An praise be to them for lasting upwards of almost 7-8 years now! Think I've had one of these since like... 2011? An it was already 2-3 years old then

Jul 27, 2017 at 10:16 PM Post #174,090 of 177,744
for pc related advice, what HDD do you guys like these days? My two oldest drives have started to disappear when I resume from sleep, so I figure might as well replace them before they fail. An praise be to them for lasting upwards of almost 7-8 years now! Think I've had one of these since like... 2011? An it was already 2-3 years old then

For me, it's Seagate's or WD's consumer line, which ever that's cheaper.

Currently using WD for everything just because they are cheaper where I live and my laptop happens to come with a WD drive. Toshiba drives are nice too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back