「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jul 22, 2017 at 3:56 PM Post #174,046 of 177,744
Kirito with a smartphone? Thank you, god.
It's so bad... I love it.

EDIT:
Sorry, I take that back. It's so bad... it's just horrible.
I feel like I'm watching the fantasies of a grade school kid with inferiority complex.

-------------------

@ Kakegurui 01

being a doggie can't be that bad can it?

dat rape face tho.... xD

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2017 at 12:32 AM Post #174,047 of 177,744

---------

lol. the first day I got mine, the scrolling would activate anytime I would pass my hand over it. I spent 20mn ready to throw it at the wall and then set myself on fire using coca cola as fuel(it's a cry for help, it doesn't have to be rational!!!!!). then I found out that I could turn off a side in the drivers ^_^. one of those moments where you go from "those guys are idiots" to "I'm an idiot/RTFM before complaining".

Yeah. I had to disable the scrolling on the newer Intuos with the circular touch strip and such as they were getting in the way, but I really wish I didn't have to since I still want to use the feature.

The Intuos 3 one is nice and recessed so it doesn't affect me. Even if one gets in the way, I can disable it like you did and use the other one. The newer one only has one strip though so it's more like a lost feature due to a gimmicky/poor design.

Well, maybe it's not a gimmick. Maybe it's just the fact I still use a keyboard next to the tablet as I need all dat hotkeys (my keyboard isn't even enough which is why the buttons on the tablet is so welcomed!).

---------------------------

I'm also happy that I can keep both my Bamboo's drivers and the Intuos' drivers installed. The Intuos Pro drivers had conflicts with my Bamboo drivers sadly so I had to uninstall/reinstall whenever I switch tablets.

Now, I can use the small Bamboo for travel and keep the large one at home, while still letting both be plug and play.

image.jpeg

------------

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2017 at 8:05 PM Post #174,051 of 177,744
Kakegurui pissed me of in 2 episodes. diff strokes for ....

Jul 24, 2017 at 8:14 AM Post #174,053 of 177,744
Happy birthday to me, I guess...

FI3MD-6DBT8-9C8L

Add an "eight" to the end of the code, let's see if the honour system works here or if someone else will claim it before you. It's just a leftover from a humble bundle.

Jul 24, 2017 at 9:54 AM Post #174,057 of 177,744
ThinkPad-fi, T420 or T430? On one hand the latter is more powerful, but on the other it has a chiclet keyboard which I'm not a big fan of. I mean, I'm not a fan of them overall, but maybe I could just get used to it? (compared both IRL)

Jul 24, 2017 at 11:05 AM Post #174,058 of 177,744
ThinkPad-fi, T420 or T430? On one hand the latter is more powerful, but on the other it has a chiclet keyboard which I'm not a big fan of. I mean, I'm not a fan of them overall, but maybe I could just get used to it? (compared both IRL)

That's a tough one, if you're comparing iGPU only models there are some games that just refuse to run on the older models, might've had something to do with DirectX support or something to do with shader versions. (i.e. Civ 6 won't run on the T420 unless the dGPU is activated)

If it's just very light use for a secondary or even tertiary machine, I'd probably go for the T420 especially if it's significantly cheaper (unless you plan on docking it and using as a desktop replacement where the power will be welcome). You'll have to add in the cost of a replacement keyboard for both models, there'll likely be some keys that feel funky.

One thing I really hate about the T430 backlit keyboard option, the keycap texture is completely smooth so it very quickly picks up oils and stuff, I'm always constantly wiping the damn thing even if I've washed my hands before typing.

Jul 24, 2017 at 11:21 AM Post #174,059 of 177,744
That's a tough one, if you're comparing iGPU only models there are some games that just refuse to run on the older models, might've had something to do with DirectX support or something to do with shader versions. (i.e. Civ 6 won't run on the T420 unless the dGPU is activated)

If it's just very light use for a secondary or even tertiary machine, I'd probably go for the T420 especially if it's significantly cheaper (unless you plan on docking it and using as a desktop replacement where the power will be welcome). You'll have to add in the cost of a replacement keyboard for both models, there'll likely be some keys that feel funky.

One thing I really hate about the T430 backlit keyboard option, the keycap texture is completely smooth so it very quickly picks up oils and stuff, I'm always constantly wiping the damn thing even if I've washed my hands before typing.

Yeah, it's supposed to be a secondary computer. I have a decently capable PC at home. Mostly wanted for it to be a web/media/light gaming machine for trips and general backpack option. And most of the games will be rather old/light (RCT, Factorio, Morrowind etc.) The heaviest stuff I'd want to play on it would probably be Zen Pinball/REmaster/Legend Of Grimrock. Both ZP and LoG(the fist one at least) have mobile ports, so I assume I'd be able to turn them down significantly anyway.

The only question is how will they fare a few years down the line (but then again, before this PC i was infamously bound to a cheap netbook so I might have high tolerance for low-spec bullsh.it :p).

Jul 24, 2017 at 11:49 AM Post #174,060 of 177,744
The only question is how will they fare a few years down the line (but then again, before this PC i was infamously bound to a cheap netbook so I might have high tolerance for low-spec bullsh.it :p).

The iGPU differences are quite significant, and that's generally where things start feeling sluggish after a few years.

Positives for the T430:
Better iGPU
USB 3 on all ports (or most ports, can't remember)
Windows 10 drivers seem to work for the most part (at least on my X230, for the T420 you have to disable the SD card reader when not in use because it consumes 20% CPU permanently for god knows what)
Hack in the old keyboard if you're super desperate in the future, a bit tedious to do
Battery tends to be a year newer so miiiiiight not need a replacement until you're planning to heavily travel
One year less wear and tear

Negatives:
DRM for the battery so you have to shell out big bucks for the official ones (not sure if there's a workaround or if it's been cracked)
Keyboard can be hit or miss depending on preferences
More expensive, might have a touch more depreciation too

The default 768p screen is reaaaalllyyy baaaaaad, so whichever already has the 900p option takes priority for me. (replacements are pretty expensive now too because they're out of production, it's almost as much as a higher end 14" IPS panel in the latest ultrabooks)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back