「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Aug 12, 2016 at 1:36 PM Post #167,688 of 177,745
  I haaaaate appliance repairs because they're just so exhausting to work on, mainly from the horrendous ergonomics.

Dishwasher decided to poop itself after some ninja rats chewed through the water inlet cable. After replacing the $180 cable, water still doesn't flow into the dishwasher, so the next course of action is to see if power is getting to the water solenoid to activate the flow.

Measured the control lines and they're at 170VAC (should be 240V), just freaking great, a new replacement control board is in the hundreds so this is looking more like a component level board repair. I think the TRIAC switching the solenoid is blown...we'll see...will work on it tomorrow. Disturbingly there's 170VAC on the control line as long as the dishwasher is switched on, now I hope it's because it does a water check on each power on, and not that the signal to the TRIAC is faulty. Yeah...makes sense that it's continuously 'requesting water' on its water check because the flow meter isn't detecting anything...probably.

Well, might as well drop the model name in case someone stumbles over my posts looking for dishwasher repair advice.....in an anime thread.....on a headphone forum. 
tongue.gif

Bosch SMU68M05AU/28,  FDID:9101, Check Water light, no errors after replacing AquaStop hose.

Back on topic, I just discovered the Bleach manga is ending this/next week? I wonder how much longer One Piece will run for, it'll be the end of an era....good times.

That's gonna take one hell of a repair to be honest. O.O

Aug 12, 2016 at 5:22 PM Post #167,691 of 177,745
Blah, just got a pair of Brainwavz XF-200 from a Massdrop grab. It sounds very different from what I have read. No bass, extremely thin and tinny, and ear piercing highs.

I believe mine are malfunctioning as no reviewers claim to have a sound signature like what I am hearing, and it simply sounds wrong. I'll let my friends listen to it, just to check if it's only with my ears (such as a seal issue). If it's not just me, I guess I'll have to pay to send it back... :/

Aug 12, 2016 at 6:05 PM Post #167,692 of 177,745
I feel like an idiot (I mean, I am). Had a biggest brainfart in a good while.

I had a problem with an app, even filed a GitHub issue
and not only it was with an earlier version (and was fixed with newer one), but it was a stuck download that didn't go away.

And the app used default download manager back then, which I completely forgot about and even had the icon hidden, because nothing that I downloaded with (like Opera Classic) used it. This was the first time I actually opened it in 3+ years.

GG to me. I'm mad about myself.

Aug 12, 2016 at 6:24 PM Post #167,693 of 177,745

To all of you who say I hate fun and can't turn my brain off :frowning2:

Well, it really just all comes down to what each of us considers "fun".

I have lots of "fun" simply by looking at characters with certain traits appear on screen.
As long as they are there, pretty much nothing will ruin my fun.

I can even have fun just by staring at a picture of a character I really like.
That's why I don't use anime wallpapers on my work computer, it'll just distract the hell outta me:

For work,I just have a picture of a few headphones that I don't even like.

Aug 12, 2016 at 11:10 PM Post #167,697 of 177,745
Blah, just got a pair of Brainwavz XF-200 from a Massdrop grab. It sounds very different from what I have read. No bass, extremely thin and tinny, and ear piercing highs.

I believe mine are malfunctioning as no reviewers claim to have a sound signature like what I am hearing, and it simply sounds wrong. I'll let my friends listen to it, just to check if it's only with my ears (such as a seal issue). If it's not just me, I guess I'll have to pay to send it back... :/

yeah it does sound like it's broken. But is it on both sides? Pretty odd for both sides to go out

Aug 13, 2016 at 12:06 AM Post #167,698 of 177,745
yeah it does sound like it's broken. But is it on both sides? Pretty odd for both sides to go out

That's what's bugging me. Both sides sound the same. :/

I want to get my friends to try them out and see if its just me. The fit is very poorly designed so it might just be my ear shape.

However, it sounds the same even with Comply foam tips so I really can't see why seal should cause such all issue. :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back