「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Mar 13, 2016 at 10:31 PM Post #164,747 of 177,744

Eeeew no, why would anyone make a Nintendo themed gun and not make it like this?

XD

Aaand that waifu gun is just... Somehow I'm not surprised considering it's Japan, but still... Why >.>

probably not gonna give back anything to the ones who gave me giri-choco on valentines day being the horrible person that I am.

Lol were they "obligatory chocolates" or however they're referred to in anime? XD

Weeaboos... XD

LOL that saying is pretty dang true! :O I know this would never fly with the bill of rights, but sometimes I wish there was a test you'd have to take to ensure you actually understood who the hell you were voting for and not just voting by party or because you can.

Wat, seriously? I had no idea such BS existed... And about the imperialism, I guess that is a good point, if they didn't like it they'd enact a law about it. Still, I don't know if we really need to be the world police as much as we are today.

Oh yeah, we did a presentation on Edward Snowden for one of our classes this quarter.. I'll be sure not to watch that documentary then XD

Kitaaa~

Also, in the spirit of a true gun weeaboo, I bought a Japanese gun today. 
biggrin.gif

Originally, only land owning male citizens could vote. This was due to the idea that land owning people were better educated (very true in those days by a huge margin) and that males would of course be better at such decisions. So such an idea was originally implemented yes. Not that I am saying it's a good idea.

If you really keep an eye on international news and press releases, you'll see just how 'normal' and human they all are in their responses. American wealth today is directly tied to its ability to provide protection and use its force for....things. It's a fact of the day. Here's a mealtimevideo you can sit down and watch (8mins) while eating about one of the markets relating to it. (despite the title, it is just a video about the Dark Truth behind Bananas and why they are so cheap)

Did you get a Arisaka Type 99?

Heh well it is true usually that property owners are usually more educated, sure, and men have pretty much always been dominant in decision making and whatnot from everything I've ever learned in history class, but alas, just because someone has more "book smarts" doesn't mean they know what's right from wrong if you will.

Oh yeah, the whole banana scandal, I remember my gf making a big deal of that when she learned about it. America screwed over a lot of Spanish speaking countries throughout the years... And I see what you mean, it's in America's interest to keep the world the way that's the most beneficial to us.

And no, I got an Arisaka Type 38 actually. 
smily_headphones1.gif
 After doing some research it's one of the earlier models probably made just about 100 years ago. I also didn't realize it but it's missing a handful of parts that will cost just about as much as I paid for the thing. Oh well. 

Mar 13, 2016 at 11:29 PM Post #164,749 of 177,744
Mar 14, 2016 at 10:58 AM Post #164,751 of 177,744
  http://www.bbc.com/news/education-35716523

damn

Well how about redesigning the education system to make all exams open-book?
It makes no sense to make students memorize stuff in the 21th century, google is readily available everywhere.

Mar 14, 2016 at 11:14 AM Post #164,752 of 177,744

damn

It makes no sense to make students memorize stuff in the 21th century, google is readily available everywhere.

But then how else would we know who's better at memorizing trivial information that'll be forgotten after the exam better than others?

Mar 14, 2016 at 11:27 AM Post #164,753 of 177,744
Groove Coaster Arcade just updated to version 3.....
and now they have a mascot character, it's Ritsu from Ansatsu Kyou****su.
tongue.gif

no, seriously.... imagine her on the arcade machine.

https://www.smbc-card.com/nyukai/affiliate/miku/lp/index.jsp

............. I want one!

Mar 14, 2016 at 11:38 AM Post #164,754 of 177,744
#FirstWorldProblems

My internet being super weird right now. (On wifi)

Quote:

Heh well it is true usually that property owners are usually more educated, sure, and men have pretty much always been dominant in decision making and whatnot from everything I've ever learned in history class, but alas, just because someone has more "book smarts" doesn't mean they know what's right from wrong if you will.

Oh yeah, the whole banana scandal, I remember my gf making a big deal of that when she learned about it. America screwed over a lot of Spanish speaking countries throughout the years... And I see what you mean, it's in America's interest to keep the world the way that's the most beneficial to us.

And no, I got an Arisaka Type 38 actually. 
smily_headphones1.gif
 After doing some research it's one of the earlier models probably made just about 100 years ago. I also didn't realize it but it's missing a handful of parts that will cost just about as much as I paid for the thing. Oh well. 

Of course. The coorelation of book smarts and what they will do for social classes doesn't exist. Surprisingly, when looked at throughout history, those that are born from middle or upper class have both been known to want to screw people over AND also fight for the people. There's just no real coorelation at the moment. For example, most of history's top fighters for social justice, and equality were from middle to upper class families. 

The banana scandal was unfortunate. It's a sad part of American history yes. The American governemnt and military has only one duty. For the benefit, and in the interests of, the American people (and of course the shareholders/stockholders). Take it as what you will but it is the facet of how every nation does and should operate. And why I pay little mind to the disputes in Asia over the islands and what not. 

Nice! Still an Arisaka though which is fine. Does yours have the seal or is it scratched out?

How now, brown cows?

What? I thought cows were already brown in some parts?

damn

I take it you used one? lol

Mar 14, 2016 at 12:30 PM Post #164,756 of 177,744
Just started learning music theory on my own because I want to learn piano........ so much to memorize......

My motivation to learn anything is a waifu at the end of the route. Surely Mio will be waiting for me with open arms if I learned how to play Bass 8D

Mar 14, 2016 at 12:36 PM Post #164,757 of 177,744
My motivation to learn anything is a waifu at the end of the route. Surely Mio will be waiting for me with open arms if I learned how to play Bass 8D

It's not so much waitfu for me, I just want to be able to play the music that I love.

wow.... minor scales and chords just sound so sad and creepy at the same time.....
the augmented chords just right out gives me goosebumps....

Mar 14, 2016 at 1:10 PM Post #164,759 of 177,744
What are you learning with? It's something that I take a look at every once in a while, but bounce off since I'm a terrible learner.

musictheory.net lol

interactive e-lessons basically.
My digital piano hasn't arrived yet so I'm just taking a look at what I'll be dealing with.
coming from zero musical background, it's like learning basic arithmetic all over again....

I suspect musicians knows these thing on the back of their heads right?

Mar 14, 2016 at 3:37 PM Post #164,760 of 177,744

I really prefer open book exams as they test skills more than knowledge. Doesn't work for everything though, since some stuff you simply have to memorize, but indeed that's the minority of stuff you learn in most cases. A big disadvantage is that people tend to underestimate open book exams and will study less for such an exam, and in addition it's also harder to make a good open book exam for the teacher.

In my opinion take home exams are the best exams, but they have the obvious disadvantages of allowing people to work together making the examination less individual. And of course it makes it much easier to cheat as well.

Just started learning music theory on my own because I want to learn piano........ so much to memorize......

I want to learn music theory too sometime.
So many things to study, so little time. :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back