☯️ Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp???
May 5, 2015 at 7:21 PM Post #1,292 of 5,932
  screw it, just bought one :)

Welcome to the dark side. Please. Have a seat.
evil_smiley.gif

May 5, 2015 at 8:10 PM Post #1,294 of 5,932
  screw it, just bought one :)

A phrase often muttered here at head-fi......

I think we have another confirmed vendor on board too.  @zach915m care to comment?  I would like to know how your Blackwoods sound with this amp...

May 5, 2015 at 8:47 PM Post #1,297 of 5,932

Mine is a recliner, feet up chillin'...
biggrin.gif

Wish I was chillin'.  Dropped $4500 on a new AC unit that won't get installed until Friday!

May 5, 2015 at 8:59 PM Post #1,299 of 5,932

A phrase often muttered here at head-fi......

I think we have another confirmed vendor on board too.  @zach915m care to comment?  I would like to know how your Blackwoods sound with this amp...

I've got Zach's old NFB-28 and we both have Theta's as well.  I think I made the right choice on the LC if he's getting one too... we seem to have similar taste in gear.  lol

One of these days I need to hear one of his headphones...

May 5, 2015 at 9:00 PM Post #1,300 of 5,932
Well, I have heard the Carbon a few times already and love it.   Think it will be the perfect work sized amp.. now I just need to find a balanced DAC for it..

May 5, 2015 at 9:02 PM Post #1,301 of 5,932
May 5, 2015 at 9:19 PM Post #1,302 of 5,932
  Well, I have heard the Carbon a few times already and love it.   Think it will be the perfect work sized amp.. now I just need to find a balanced DAC for it..

I'm expecting it to be a great home rig amp as well.  :)

A main reason I'm looking for a balanced DAC is so I can connect connect my Liquid Fire to the RCA and a Liquid Carbon to the XLR.  I like DACs that have multiple analog outputs.  I'll have a Geek Pulse Xfi soon. Thinking about a Yggy...  A big advantage for the Yggy is that it has two RCA outputs and an XLR so I'll have and excuse to connect three amps to it, among other reasons.

May 5, 2015 at 9:40 PM Post #1,303 of 5,932
I'm expecting it to be a great home rig amp as well.  :)

A main reason I'm looking for a balanced DAC is so I can connect connect my Liquid Fire to the RCA and a Liquid Carbon to the XLR.  I like DACs that have multiple analog outputs.  I'll have a Geek Pulse Xfi soon. Thinking about a Yggy...  A big advantage for the Yggy is that it has two RCA outputs and an XLR so I'll have and excuse to connect three amps to it, among other reasons.

That would make the Yggdrasil only $766 an amp, which seems like a bargain...

May 6, 2015 at 6:41 AM Post #1,305 of 5,932
  Well if you could feed the yggy 3 different sources to be played on all 3 different amps.....

I'd say my comment is more of a reference to the little mental justifications I go through to spend the kind of money that I've spent on this gear.  The escalation from the time when I was trying to mentally justify buying a set of TF10's on Amazon and was shocked to see what the Ak100 cost (let alone the Ak120) to now when I recently got an Ak120ii and blind purchased the Liquid Carbon is amazing.

Like we say, "I'm sorry for your wallet"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back