☯️ Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp???
Nov 24, 2015 at 5:14 PM Post #4,202 of 5,932
Same here, order #642..
biggrin.gif

Nov 24, 2015 at 6:52 PM Post #4,205 of 5,932
I have finally came home yesterday and unboxed the LC.

Nov 24, 2015 at 7:36 PM Post #4,206 of 5,932
So does the orientation of the Kobiconn cable mean it can't be used at the same time as the XLR? That would be a bummer, because one of the reasons I bought the amp was to use it for my Primes and Ethers together, me and my son, rocking out together doing homework/work. 

Nov 24, 2015 at 7:57 PM Post #4,207 of 5,932
Looking at tracking scan records for my LC shipment (to Australia). It took 8 days (from 17 Nov to 24 Nov) for it to travel from Westminster CA to Chicago IL (USPS). That is painfully slow. Not sure if this is normal in US. Am I alone experiencing slow delivery?

Nov 24, 2015 at 8:00 PM Post #4,208 of 5,932
  So does the orientation of the Kobiconn cable mean it can't be used at the same time as the XLR? That would be a bummer, because one of the reasons I bought the amp was to use it for my Primes and Ethers together, me and my son, rocking out together doing homework/work. 

A 3.5 mm TRRS is probably a better choice than Kobiconn connector.  The same connector that is utilized on the Sony ZX2.

Nov 24, 2015 at 8:07 PM Post #4,210 of 5,932
The 3.5 output is single-ended only. That means I would have to jack up the volume so high for the SE hp that the balanced hp would be way too loud. 

TRRS is balanced with 4 contacts while TRS has only 3. Search around for 3.5 mm TRRS and you will see my point.

Nov 24, 2015 at 8:07 PM Post #4,211 of 5,932
Looking at tracking scan records for my LC shipment (to Australia). It took 8 days (from 17 Nov to 24 Nov) for it to travel from Westminster CA to Chicago IL (USPS). That is painfully slow. Not sure if this is normal in US. Am I alone experiencing slow delivery?

There was a shipping issue with overseas deliveries - see post #1062 here:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/762722/cavalli-audio-liquid-carbon-now-available/1050

Nov 24, 2015 at 8:10 PM Post #4,212 of 5,932

First thing to consider:
With the traditional Kobiconn connector - yes, it would be in the way of the XLR and therefore you could not use both at once. If you know somebody that is able to modify connectors for you, something could be made so that the wire going to the Kobiconn inlet sticks strait out and allows the XLR to be used at the same time.

Second thing to consider:
The primes and Ether's have different impedances and sensitivities, so even if you tried using both at the same time you would not have the same volume level on both.

A 3.5 mm TRRS is probably a better choice than Kobiconn connector.  The same connector that is utilized on the Sony ZX2.

There is no 3.5mm TRRS port on the Carbon...

Nov 24, 2015 at 8:10 PM Post #4,213 of 5,932

The 3.5 output is single-ended only. That means I would have to jack up the volume so high for the SE hp that the balanced hp would be way too loud. 

TRRS is balanced with 4 contacts while TRS has only 3. Search around for 3.5 mm TRRS and you will see my point.

I know the difference between TRRS and TRS. But the 3.5 jack on the LC only offers SE output either way, I believe. 

Nov 24, 2015 at 8:28 PM Post #4,214 of 5,932
  Second thing to consider:
The primes and Ether's have different impedances and sensitivities, so even if you tried using both at the same time you would not have the same volume level on both.

Yeah, I know, but I was hoping to be able to find some acceptable middle ground. The difference does not seem all that large in practice. 

I guess I can still listen to one hp through my Hugo, then still feed the LC through the Hugo for the other hp, using the LC volume control to make up for difference in loudness.

Nov 24, 2015 at 9:02 PM Post #4,215 of 5,932
#677 I think and got the shipping email which says going to ship during the week of Dec 8! Unfortunately i will likely be in Japan until early Jan.

Hoping that the Onkyo DAP will be out by then and I can buy it ... Lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back