☯️ Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp???
Aug 23, 2015 at 7:37 PM Post #3,031 of 5,932
Looks very interesting. I just hope it lives up to it's $499 price tag. I always felt Cavalli gear was overpriced for what you got, so this looks like it could be great.

Aug 23, 2015 at 8:23 PM Post #3,034 of 5,932
I reserve judgement till I hear one in person. I had only heard the Liquid Fire and that thing is vastly overpriced for it's performance. So I may be a bit biased here :wink:

longbowbbs, I am not trolling. Are we not all allowed to express how we feel? I don't wish to start a flame war or anything, but how have I posted wrong info in this thread? Is it that I think Cavalli stuff is way overpriced? Not everyone likes the same thing, similar to how I like the HD700 but a lot of people hate them.

Aug 23, 2015 at 8:48 PM Post #3,036 of 5,932
I'll give it a listen before any judgement is passed. It looks good from all I've heard, I'm just a tiny bit skeptical.

Quote:
Opinions are just that. There are others who don't feel the same way and others that do.

Certainly give it a listen before passing judgement.

Aug 23, 2015 at 8:49 PM Post #3,037 of 5,932
popcorn.gif

Aug 23, 2015 at 8:59 PM Post #3,039 of 5,932
Ballpark; sometime in October. If it ships earlier than that, you will be happy :gs1000smile:

This! While I completely understand the delay and appreciate the Quality Control, it's a lot better to under promise and over deliver :wink: I hope October is on the "safe-side" for the first batch (the first 200 or so units for those that reserved back when the thread started) because I'm part of that group that ordered almost 5 months ago, but I don't know if all 500 will all be built and held to all be sent at the same time. If you order now, I highly doubt you'll also wait 5 months, so just manage expectations a little :)

I'm sure someone will have a prototype Liquid Carbon at RMAF to give me a taste if it comes to that, but it's still entirely feasible for the first orders to begin arriving in September.

Nice thing about this price level of equipment, I don't "need" it and have other gear to use in the meantime, but I certainly appreciate the QC that will ensure the Liquid Carbon will be a noticeable upgrade :D

Looks very interesting. I just hope it lives up to it's $599 price tag.

Yeah man, hopefully you'll get to a meet sometime and hear one! Soon, I expect it will show up at many meets, though again this may be a limited run and the amp might become harder to buy.

Aug 23, 2015 at 9:17 PM Post #3,040 of 5,932
I'm interested to know what other amps you'll be comparing the LC to?

From his profile
- Violectric V200 (does it sound vaginal?)
- Audio-GD ROC
- SPL Auditor
- Schiit Magni 2

Jk about the () for the V200, and I don't know if he still has all four of those. Definitely some different flavors in there.

His comments would seem less anti-hype and more neutral, if only his avatar portrait didn't have his nose up in the air :wink: (surely, he was really trying to catch a whiff of what was cooking for dinner!)

Aug 23, 2015 at 9:23 PM Post #3,041 of 5,932
I would also like it if he would do a little reading and research before posting... gets a lot of things wrong and makes bad assumptions...I mean come on the price is in the thread title even...

Aug 23, 2015 at 9:30 PM Post #3,042 of 5,932
I would also like it if he would do a little reading and research before posting... gets a lot of things wrong and makes bad assumptions...

Yeah, I was going for light-hearted, but i agree that those are the points that will earn Zombie some backlash. He's not trying to upset anyone though, and when he learns how to sound less suspicious he will actually be able to share his "manage expectations" and value point of view more effectively, and we could all move on normally.

Aug 23, 2015 at 9:33 PM Post #3,043 of 5,932
  I would also like it if he would do a little reading and research before posting... gets a lot of things wrong and makes bad assumptions...I mean come on the price is in the thread title even...

+1

I asked about the other amps as I'm not aware of many other full balanced, transportable desktop ones like the LC. Not to mention the level of engineering, materials, expertise, commitment (by Alex), and made in the USA at this price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back