☯️ Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp???
Aug 23, 2015 at 10:58 AM Post #3,021 of 5,932
Dr Cavalli with the pot delay will more units be initially shipping once the pots are received?

Possibly. It's all a matter of how the other pieces are finished and in what order. You plan for one sequence of events, but almost always in a real production run the world changes the sequence and you have to adjust.

The thing with the vol pots is fairly minor compared to some other production problems I've seen. It's just the timing. So we will try to fill the time with as much other construction as we can so that when the pots arrive we can accommodate quickly. But, still, I would say we are in the critical phase of production where all the pieces have to come together right.

I never like to give up on production timing until it just becomes impossible, so while there is definitely a delay, I hope to make it as small as humanly possible.

Aug 23, 2015 at 12:02 PM Post #3,022 of 5,932
  The pot manufacturer emailed me yesterday saying pots would ship about 9/3. 

In the '70's, all it took was a phone call to get pots from my "manufacturer". 
tongue.gif

Aug 23, 2015 at 12:08 PM Post #3,023 of 5,932
Possibly. It's all a matter of how the other pieces are finished and in what order. You plan for one sequence of events, but almost always in a real production run the world changes the sequence and you have to adjust.

The thing with the vol pots is fairly minor compared to some other production problems I've seen. It's just the timing. So we will try to fill the time with as much other construction as we can so that when the pots arrive we can accommodate quickly. But, still, I would say we are in the critical phase of production where all the pieces have to come together right.

I never like to give up on production timing until it just becomes impossible, so while there is definitely a delay, I hope to make it as small as humanly possible.

I just want to thank the Good Doctor Mr. Cavalli for his patience, transparency, and willingness in appeasing our impatience/plethora of questioning as well as creating the LC. I am truly excited to be receiving a Cavalli Audio product at this price point. I am happy to not necessarily anticipate a foreseeable shipping date per say, rather, I look forward to a product that meets the standards of the Cavalli namesake. "Measure thrice, cut once" I think applies to this situation too.

Aug 23, 2015 at 12:09 PM Post #3,024 of 5,932
Aug 23, 2015 at 12:45 PM Post #3,025 of 5,932
Aug 23, 2015 at 1:55 PM Post #3,027 of 5,932
  Ouch!  That may make getting mine(order# 462) for the 9/26 Nashville meet borderline to unlikely.  Oh well!

I was thinking the same thing. My # is 100000682 hopefully I'll see them this year.

Aug 23, 2015 at 3:05 PM Post #3,028 of 5,932
If I go ahead and order the amp now, when can I expect it to ship? I don't need an exact date, and a ballpark one would do.

Aug 23, 2015 at 3:31 PM Post #3,030 of 5,932

Users who are viewing this thread

Back