☯️ Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp???
Jun 6, 2015 at 3:54 PM Post #1,786 of 5,932
I know this has been gone over in the thread, but could someone please let me know what kind of balanced outputs those are (there are 2, along with a single ended output, if I'm correct). Hard to go through a 120 page thread (and, a 120 page thread on a unit that isn't even in production yet is pretty impressive!). Thanks

The 4-Pin XLR and RSA are both balanced.

Thanks, 2 months to go (I think...)

Jun 6, 2015 at 4:59 PM Post #1,788 of 5,932
Thanks for the update Alex!
In case you're not familiar with the "Take my money!" internet meme, he's not literally telling you to shut up (I like updates!!), just that he's sold on the product even without further info. There are a lot of meme's out there... but I'll spare telling you where to look till AFTER the LC comes out :wink:

Keep on rocking, baby!

What he said. I was just playing, I wasn't trying to imply that your talking to much. Apologies if it was misconstrued

Jun 6, 2015 at 9:06 PM Post #1,789 of 5,932
No, no, it wasn't misconstrued. And, surprisingly, I get the meme (but thanks for the reminder). I was just joking in return (although perhaps a little too dry).

As promised, here's the back panel. It's simple, but clean I think.

Jun 6, 2015 at 9:38 PM Post #1,791 of 5,932
Jun 6, 2015 at 9:40 PM Post #1,792 of 5,932
Hello gents. Here's a photo of the first pre-production unit. This is the last unit we hand build to finalize details before allowing production to fully start. Most of the wait now is due to lead time on components and enclosures.

This unit happens to be anodized, but the final unit may be powder coated (more durable finish). The body will be an extrusion instead of four separate pieces (which were convenient for the pre-prod qualification).

This one also has the indicator LEDs, showing the power on, the gain set to 3X (red), and input set to SE (red). 1X gain is white and balanced input is white..

The front panel is thicker than the protos and machined instead of punched out (so is the back). Also, the machinist who did the front messed up the recess for the vol knob. This is easy fix. We also will have a nicer knob on the production pieces.

I know it's a long wait, but this is pretty much what you'll be getting as the package.

excellent!

I like the addition of the LEDs as that's one of the concerns I had when I was checking out the prototype LC at Mr.Speakers' booth at Axpona.

Jun 6, 2015 at 10:24 PM Post #1,793 of 5,932
Wait, how many balanced outputs are there? Looks like 2, and 1 balanced input, correct?

Jun 6, 2015 at 10:28 PM Post #1,794 of 5,932
Jun 6, 2015 at 10:56 PM Post #1,795 of 5,932
  No, no, it wasn't misconstrued. And, surprisingly, I get the meme (but thanks for the reminder). I was just joking in return (although perhaps a little too dry).

As promised, here's the back panel. It's simple, but clean I think.

Dr. Cavalli, to me esthetically speaking, IMHO green LEDs would be nice instead of the red ones since this reminds me of older gears...but great to have regardless.

Jun 6, 2015 at 11:01 PM Post #1,797 of 5,932

Dr. Cavalli, to me esthetically speaking, IMHO green LEDs would be nice instead of the red ones since this reminds me of older gears...but great to have regardless.

Well.....

Thanks for the advice. But the red ones, I'm sure, have already been ordered by the PCB assembly shop.

Jun 6, 2015 at 11:56 PM Post #1,798 of 5,932
I happen to like the red LEDs as they are... not that it matters since both will be white for my use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back